PDA

View Full Version : **PA pet talkers!!

Aspen and Misty
08-23-2004, 01:03 PM
We are throwing a huge Going Away/Good luck Party for Breeze!!!

When: Saturday September 11th
Where: Williamsport PA in Breeze's Back yard (it's fenced in) [ Pm me for Directions!]
What to bring: You and your dog! Please Wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.

Party will start at 2 in the afternoon and end whenever! Toys, treats, water and "cake" will be available for the dogs! Snacks, cake and Drinks will be available for the humans!

Please Join us in seeing our baby off!

Please RSVP by Monday September 6th!

Hope you come!

Ash :D

jenluckenbach
08-23-2004, 01:21 PM
OH DRATS!!! I work on Saturdays. :(

Best of luck to Breeze. Have a great party.

Christiansmommy
08-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Sounds like it will be fun...but, unfortunatley, i am busy. We are having Christian's 3rd B-day party that same day.

Take a bunch of pics!!

Robyn

Aspen and Misty
08-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Thats to bad to hear you guys!

Ash :(

Pam
08-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Sorry but I too will be at Christian's birthday party, but we send our best to Breeze!

Aspen and Misty
08-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Sorry but I too will be at Christian's birthday party, but we send our best to Breeze!

Aww!

Can you guys at LEAST send the pups to my house :D :D

Ashley :D

slick
08-23-2004, 04:53 PM
If I lived closer I'd be there in a flash!!!!

Christiansmommy
08-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
Aww!

Can you guys at LEAST send the pups to my house :D :D

Ashley :D

Free babysitter!! Cool :) Thanks again, for the invite. We should plan something else, maybe in the fall?

Have fun!

Robyn

Aspen and Misty
08-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by slick
If I lived closer I'd be there in a flash!!!!

It's not to far, I mean, come on! IT'S WORTH IT!

Robyn - ANY time you need me!

Ash :D

davidpizzica
08-24-2004, 05:46 PM
Ash, I'll be there in spirit! Please let me know it went! (I don't think the Pa. state troopers wuld let a walker on I 80!)

Aspen and Misty
08-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by david p
Ash, I'll be there in spirit! Please let me know it went! (I don't think the Pa. state troopers wuld let a walker on I 80!)

Your coming David. In fact. I'll be down tomrrow to get you. BE READY. Have those bags packed!

O! Toller 42!! I wish you could come! I would LOVE to meet your pups!

Ashley

slick
08-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Oh Ash, I wish I could attend. I soooo want to meet you. I'm thinking of planning a trip to PA next Spring to meet some PT'ers but I'll let you know if it's a go.

Aspen and Misty
08-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Oh Ash, I wish I could attend. I soooo want to meet you. I'm thinking of planning a trip to PA next Spring to meet some PT'ers but I'll let you know if it's a go.

You had better come or I will be VERY upset!!

;) Ash

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Is anybody going?

Aspen and Misty
09-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
Is anybody going?

I am. ;)

Ash

jenluckenbach
09-11-2004, 05:24 AM
OH! Today is the big day! I know there are mixed emotions. :( :)

Have a nice day, you did a GREAT job with Beeze.

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Have fun! be sure to take lots of pictures to remember her. You did a great job with Breeze and I'm sure she'll be great at whatever she has do do. Is she becoming a guide dog or an assistance dog?

Aspen and Misty
09-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanx everyone, the party is over and I have tons of pics. It was a nice way to remember her time here with us, such a sweet baby girl.

We had a suprise guest today!!

My friend Lori's mom has MS and one day me and Breeze went to visit her to get Breeze more used to the wheel chair. I told her mom that Breeze was training for someone just like her and she said "Really? MS people can get dog's" and I told her yes and how much help the dog can be. Since that date Lori's mom has gotten a service dog of her own and they both came to the party, now SHE is telling ME how much help the dig can be.

It was so nice to see them, it was nice to see them all, we will probly through another party next summer, everyone loved it!

Ashley

davidpizzica
09-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Ashley, I wished I could have come! I would love to see the pictures!

Aspen and Misty
09-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Ashley, I wished I could have come! I would love to see the pictures!

I have a party I have to go to, but when I come back I will have pics up :D

Ashley

jenluckenbach
09-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Glad the party was a success. Will you have another service dog to be in the future??

Aspen and Misty
09-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Glad the party was a success. Will you have another service dog to be in the future??

Maybe in the far future, while it was fun, I don't feel like I was doing what I was ment to do. My dad has said once Breeze goes we can start to reascue dog's also. I would feel like if I got a service dog it would be taking the place of a pup who really needs a home.

So, not right now, but maybe some day.

Ashley

jenluckenbach
09-12-2004, 05:03 AM
Well that is great! Being able to rescue dogs. Your dad is one cool guy!

Aspen and Misty
09-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Well that is great! Being able to rescue dogs. Your dad is one cool guy!

Sometimes ;)

LOL, My dad says he will want to wait a month or two after Breeze because he needs a brake from having 3 dog's :) So I agreeded to that. So, maybe in December we can start to help them also.

Hey Jen, some happy news for our "shelter", I am building a web page for us, Johanna (Scanty Nebula) made me a Logo! It's so wonderful :D And, my dad is going to see what we need to do to become a non-profit buisness. Once we do this, if we are able to do this, we will hopefully put a add in the phone book. Also, my dad is buying a shed for either, A. All of his lawn equipment to go into and for me and the reascues to take over the smaller, already standing shed or B. For me to put some of our reascues in. (Like I've gotten maybe 10 calls about bunnies who need homes, thats alot of bunnies and they are hard to find homes for so we need somewhere permint to place them) We have already bought a heater for the winter that we will place in there, then during the summer frozen water bottles will be added to the cages to keep them cool, on really hott days they are allowed to come inside in the air conditioning. My mom has said we can have her air conditioner, but we aren't sure if we can fit it in the building some how. The REALLY exiting news - My dad is thinking about moving next summer, somewhere with a basment that I can have the fosters in, which will be a whole lot nicer then the shed. :) We are looking to see what we need to do to sign up with Pet Finder, I think this will be our best source to get the news out!

Ashley :)

jenluckenbach
09-12-2004, 11:18 AM
EXCELLENT!!

Aspen and Misty
09-12-2004, 11:45 AM
EXCELLENT!!

I know!! I'm sooo exited!!!

I found this REALLY nice Shed, it would be big enough for large dog kennels, cat kennels AND a SEPRATE place for the bunnies. It looked like a cottage with room to put flowers in the windowsill and it had windows that swung out to allow air, The doors look like house doors and it was SOO extemly nice!

But, it was like a thousand dollars :eek: and my dad said no, Hmm, wonder why ;)

Anyway! We are working REALLY hard on this. We hope to be settled by the end of next year!

Ashley

davidpizzica
09-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Ashley, it really sounds like you and your father are getting it together rescues! I'm SO EXCITED for you! I wish you and your father every success!!

Aspen and Misty
09-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Ashley, it really sounds like you and your father are getting it together rescues! I'm SO EXCITED for you! I wish you and your father every success!!

Thanx Dave! :)

I talked to my dad and he is thinking more and more about the basement idea. The only thing is moving is SO much money :( (we don't plan on staying in this house long though, it's too small)

If we did that then we can have 7 rabbits (have 7 rabbit cages), 2 large dogs and one small dog (Thats our kennel #) and some cats, not to many though, but some. Not including the other cages we have - 1 bird cage, 2 ferret/rat/cavy cages (These could work for any of those animals). They would also have heat and air conditioning. 1 or two rooms to roam in, so then we wouldn't ave like 200 animals in our house (we would seprate the basement from the rest of the house). As you can see we are all set in the cage department and such!

Soon enough though, we are getting hte paper work this week! I hope this works out!!

O, I'm getting a job as soon as I can drive, I am going to start saving up to buy my own building and such when I move out. not saying I will do it right away, I think that will be the hardest thing, going from doing what I have wanted to do my whole life, to haveing to stop doing it and getting a job to pay for it. Hmm, I guess I will just have to marry into money! ;) (KIDDING!!!)

Ashley

jenluckenbach
09-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Hmm, I guess I will just have to marry into money
dont give up on this idea right away ;) :D

Aspen and Misty
09-12-2004, 09:10 PM
dont give up on this idea right away ;) :D

I won't Jen :D

slick
09-12-2004, 09:11 PM
** taps foot and paces**

Where are those pictures???? ;)

Aspen and Misty
09-13-2004, 08:13 PM
** taps foot and paces**

Where are those pictures???? ;)

::yawns:: I'm to lazy to crawl back there and plug in my card reader :D

I have off on Wednesday because I'm getting a tooth pulled *( ::Crys:: ) so I plan to upload them then!

Ash :)

Aspen and Misty
09-13-2004, 09:21 PM
OK OK!

Ya'll won!!

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58631

Ashley :)

jenluckenbach
09-14-2004, 04:57 AM
Great pictures!