PDA

View Full Version : If rabbit's feet are good luck.....

RICHARD
08-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Smelly shoes to beat pesky rabbits

A Belgian soccer club wants people to donate worn and smelly shoes in their efforts to keep rabbits off their pitch.

The club, Cercle Oedelem, has asked locals to give them their old shoes.

Club chairman Eddy Sypré told Het Nieuwsblad: "We are tired of having our players twist their ankles in holes made by the rabbits."

He came up with the idea of putting smelly shoes on the pitch while on holiday in a colleague's house in Limburg.

He added: "My colleague couldn't hardly grow vegetables because rabbits ate them before they were fully grown. But this year his garden was looking marvellous.

Between the vegetables he had put his outworn shoes. The rabbits couldn't stand the stench of his smelly feet."

--------------------------------------------------------

"We are tired of having our players twist their ankles in holes made by the rabbits."

It's payback for all the keychains made out of rabbits feet.

;) :eek: :mad:

Logan
08-23-2004, 12:20 PM
:D

kingrattus
08-23-2004, 03:37 PM
I have a lucky rabbit's foot & plet. These Rabbits wern't killed for that reason. They were stew Rabbits & insted of tossing out the feet & pelts, they made use of them. To me its better making use of as much of the animal your eating, then tossing 1/2 of it out.

The same works for deer. You cannot eat the head, feet or tail, so why not make use of it, insted of tossing it in the trash? The feet can be made to make hat & coat hooks. The heads/antlers can be mounted on the wall as decoration. & the tail can be a cats toy or a duster.

You just need to know why the animal was killed origionally for & that product (rabbits foot) is worth buying.

I think its wrong to kill a rabbit just for its feet & pelt, & then toss out the meat. That product is very bad & I'd never support that, & I don't.

& where I am, hunting deer needs to be done. There r WAY too many deer in thins area, & they r starving & getting sick if the population grows too big.

2 years ago there were about 10 thousand doe tags that were not used. These does now have off spring & the amount of tags this year is going to be super high. The city might be opening bow hunting inside the city (the city of Ottawa). In the field near my place, u can count over 20 deer a day. & thats just a tiny tiny field beside the busy road. Driving down my friends driveway (he lives about 2hr away) I counted over 30 deer & we had to shoo several off the driveway to get to his house.

Just my opinion.

cali
08-23-2004, 04:19 PM
lol well from what I have read a very few Rabbits feet are real "lucky" Rabbits feet lol apparently a Rabbits foor is only lucky if the Rabbit was shot by a cross eyed hunter on during a full moon.;) IMO what makes people thing a Rabbits foot in lucky? it was not so lucky for the Rabbit now was it? :p