PDA

View Full Version : Recommend computer games!

Randi
08-23-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm not playing computer games these days, but I know some are. I was wondering if you know of any you would recommend.

I used to love this game back in 88, unfortunately, it's only for MAC users, but I know there are a few here. :)

Here'a link to it: http://www2.semicolon.com/Scarab.html

Scenario

A freak sandstorm in Egypt has uncovered the top of the Great Pyramid of RA the Sun-God. Already dozens of explorers, singly and in teams, have entered the pyramid through the door at the very top. None have ever returned. You, a lowly undergraduate student in Archaeology, have decided to enter the pyramid on your own and learn its secrets, and (if you can) survive to tell the outside world of its wonders.

In the dark of night, you have crept out of camp and into the Great Pyramid. You have stolen a little food, a lantern, and some oil for it, but that's all the equipment you were able to take on short notice. However, you expect to find abandoned food and equipment left behind in the pyramid by the other, earlier expeditions. (The ones that didn't make it out -- remember?)

You'll find that the pyramid is divided into floors or levels, and each level is a maze whose exit leads to the entrance of the next level down. The exit doors are locked, so before you can leave a level, you must find the key for its exit. You'll also find other things as you explore: the lost and abandoned detritus of earlier explorers, piles of gold left by ancient RA worshipers, dangerous animals, hidden traps. You must use your ingenuity and the tools you find to avoid the worst of the hazards.

swimma253
08-23-2004, 09:26 AM
The Sims!!! I was "addicted" to the Sims for quite a while. lol... But now I am addicted to PT... hehehe! BUT.... Sims is really fun! You have to buy the CD though... I dont think it is "downloadable." Here is a link to the Sims 2 Which I really wanna get! :D But its too expensive!Sims 2 (http://thesims2.ea.com/index_flash.php)

CatMama78
08-23-2004, 09:58 AM
This one is a few years old, but I have yet to find a PC game I like as much as I love Diablo II :D

MariaM
08-23-2004, 10:57 AM
I agree, the Sims is very addicting! I don't go on it anymore, because it takes up to much of my time:o

DJFyrewolf36
08-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by CatMama78
This one is a few years old, but I have yet to find a PC game I like as much as I love Diablo II :D

Ohhh I LOVE that darn game!! Never could quite beat it though. Have you played Warcraft III yet? Its like Blizard took Warcraft and meshed it with Diablo. Quite fun! World of Warcraft looks good too but it is so expensive.

Gee, I play a lot of games on my computer. Reciently a friend let me borrow Age of Empires II. That was a mistake! Now I'm addicted lol. It is quite a fun game, much more of an involved game than say Warcraft or Command and Conquer (Although I am addicted to those too :D) Im a real fan of real time strategy games but I like a good first person shooter too. I was a big Doom fan, can't wait till Doom 3 comes down in price. I like Unreal tournament too (2004 is out, yay!).

popcornbird
08-23-2004, 12:05 PM
I ***love*** Age of Empires. LOVE it. I have every single one. Sadly, ever since I joined PT, I haven't played it much at all. :p I think I have more interest in PT, but Age of Empires is one fun game. I used to play against my brother on our network, and would always prepare an army of elephants while he would prepare an army of ships. :rolleyes: I learned to build my civilization AWAY from the sea so he couldn't get me, and I would send my elephants off to his land. I usually won that way. Took me awhile to figure out horses didn't last too long and often led to my destruction. *sigh* But it was so much fun building a civilation from scratch, upgrading, and defending it.

I've also always loved Tycoon games..........Rollercoaster Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon, as well as many others. I loved Sim games. I loved adventure games too. Some adventure games I loved were Loom, King's Quest, Day of the Tentacle, and many others that I can't remember right now. Racing games were lots of fun too. Test Drive 6, Need For Speed, and MidTown Madness were some of my favorites. As a young child, my favorite game was Sonic the Hedgehog. :p He he he. Of course I can't forget Lemmings and Worms........those games are pretty nice too.

My goodness! I think I just remembered what I used to do on the computer before PT!!! I had TOTALLY forgotten. Now I remember I was a game freak.......big time. I think I miss my games. :p

DJFyrewolf36
08-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Hey PCB if you have Age of Empires II we should battle online sometime lol :D

What I usually do in AOE is I play the Vikings because they have this really awesome catapult thing that can take down castles! They are so long range that it takes the computer forever to get to them and with a well placed ring of Archers, the catapults never get touched.

Lemmings....grrrrr that game used to get me so :mad:. I had it on the computer for the longest time lol. I still have most of my old Sonic the Hedgehog games (and still play them too, boy do I have a life pfffft)

cubby31682
08-24-2004, 11:43 AM
I love The Sims as well. I am waiting for The Sims 2 to come out. I told my hubby that no matter what he has to get it for me the day it comes out! I also love Zoo tycoon as well. And Seawrold tycoon. All of them are very fun games.

I use to play Unreal Tournament alot. I play Quake 3 every now and then as well. I have to work on my Quake 3 skills a little bit though, I am suppose to be attending a lan party in October for it. :o

My husband just got Doom 3 a few weeks ago and he loves it. He plays it every night, along with Quake 3 and very little Unreal Tournament.

Harmanie
08-24-2004, 11:52 AM
I know one game that I love to play and that is slingo. Its kinda like bingo but a little different. You can talk to the other people playing with you, and there are angels and devils that help you. Its really fun!!:p

RedHedd
08-24-2004, 12:41 PM
My addiction is Solsuite (http://www.solsuite.com). It started out innocently enough, with ONLY about 200 solitaire games. I think they're over 400 games now! I've had this solitaire suite on all my computers and STILL have not played all 400 games+ .... but I'm working on it! :D

wolfie
08-24-2004, 12:54 PM
I love Age of Empires too poppy and DJ! I play it for hours upon hours! @_@

And the Sims is great too. So pointless, yet so addicting.

And petz! I love petz. You have virtual dogz and catz that you play with. They can have babies too. It's really fun.

kingrattus
08-24-2004, 12:55 PM
hehe This is my kinda thread :)
I have tones of games I love & play on my PC.

Heroes of Might & Magic 2 (hard :P )
Might & Magic 6 (been playing this for over 10 years & still can't beat it grrrr)
The Sims
The Sims Unleashed, I can't stop playing it
The Sims Makin Magic (I can't stop playing it now)
SimCity 3000 unlimited
SimCity Classic
Warcraft 1, 2, the expansion, & 3
SimSafari
Starcraft, & Brood War
Baldur's Gate
Oni (lost the cd)
over 200 Nintendo, Gameboy & Super Nintendo games (on the computer of course)
Motocross
Diablo 1 & 2 (2 being the best when playing online with friends)
Magic the Gathering
Creatures
GTA 2 & 3
Fallout 1 & 2 (2 is sooo funny when u play the female)
Soultrap
Arsenal (loads of fun, but too short)
Shogo
Road Rash
Black & White (loads of fun, but my new copy sucks)
Mech Warrior 2
Zoo Tycoon & Dino Digs (wont install Jan 2003)
other Tycoons (as long as it a tycoon I'll play it)

Kiia
08-24-2004, 02:12 PM
- Diablo II + expansion (I find myself going back to this one every few months :p)
- Neverwinter Nights
- Dungeon Siege + the expansion pack for it (if you like DII you may enjoy this one)
- Hardwood Solitaire (if you like Solitaire type games check this one out, very beautiful, IMO. They also have Hearts and other games: www.silvercrk.com (http://www.silvercrk.com) )
- I also like word games, I play them sometimes on the MSN homepage under the game section or at Pogo (http://www.pogo.com)
- MorrowWind
- WarCraft III + expansions

Probably a few more I'm forgetting but those are the main ones.

dukedogsmom
08-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Diablo II people, you have the expansion pack? We all need to play online. I'd be starting from scratch, though. Lost everything when hard drive bit the dust. I also lost all my Dogz! I had six of them and they were so cute. I had a lot of pics of them, too. The only good thing is I still have them on cd from the ghost program. I just need to figure out how to get them on my computer now. I used to love to play the original Doom. I would love to see Doom 3. I also liked Quake. I like all those fighting/RP games like that. I have the Sims online, also. That is so much fun! I was just starting to build a house when my hard drive went bye bye.

kingrattus
08-25-2004, 12:42 AM
I have Diablo & the expansion pack. I use to run a Diablo server. I just need to bet my nocd patch working again & then I can run the server again. I don't know how many other people can join my server until it getss bogged down. Its on a super crapy comp.

hmmmm. what I might do is run the server on my comp & play on the other comp in the basement. With my new hard drive, my comp rocks again :)

If anyone has the nocd patch, I'd love to use it., or I'll try & make a copy of my play cd... what ever, I'll try to work on it tomorrow

PM me if u plan on joining (just so I have an idea)