PDA

View Full Version : Hello ... excuse me if I scream ...

ChrisH
08-23-2004, 06:30 AM
I have been busy for the last few days, my grandaughter has been hogging the computer AND my internet connection has been playing up, so I haven't been checking in PT as much as I would like. This morning my connection is ok, I put everything I have to do on hold and planned to spend some time catching up. Then my back goes.:mad:

Now this could last for days or just a few hours but at the moment I have to sit here in one position and keep as still as possible, then every so often get up and walk .. should say shuffle :) .. around a little so it doesn't lock - all of you with back problems will know what I mean. I can only type with one hand too and it's taking such a long time [can't make an exclamation mark using caps]

Anyway, because I think I am never going to catch up completely I just thought I'd let you know and say sorry in advance for missing and late replys.

Edit Grrrrrrrr my internet connection is giving me problems again. :mad: If I go missing entirely you know why.

davidpizzica
08-23-2004, 06:53 AM
Chris, I think I can really sympathize with you! I miss being completely mobile badly. I do the shuffle, too!

anna_66
08-23-2004, 06:57 AM
Oh Chris! I'm sorry to hear your back is giving you problems and you haven't been able to be on PT very much (since PT is the most important thing;)). I do hope you feel better soon and are able to catch up on everything you've missed!
Take care of yourself!
Anna

ChrisH
08-23-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks Anna & David. :)

jenluckenbach
08-23-2004, 08:41 AM
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! When it rains it pours. I hope all gets back (no pun ;) ) to normal soon.

Barbara
08-23-2004, 08:42 AM
Chris I am so sorry to hear that. But you must promise one thing: You cannot "go entirely missing"! We will wait here for you until your computer is back to normal and we hope very much your back too:)

micki76
08-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Is there anything worse than having your back go out? I can tell you from personal experience, NO!

I'm so sorry your back is acting up. :( I hope it feels better soon. Take lots of Advil, and rest!

Randi
08-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Chris, I'm sorry to hear your back is acting up - and your computer too. :( Hope it all gets back to normal soon! :)

You'll catch up eventually. ;)

Best wishes, and purrs from Fister.

gini
08-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Oh Chris, do I ever feel for you! Back pain is simply the worst. When mine goes out on me I cannot get anything else done.

I hope you are feeling better real soon and your internet connection becomes stable.

slick
08-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Sorry to hear you are in such pain Chris. I've never had back problems so can't really offer up any advice except to recommend some serious Bob and Ebby therapy. Please take care of you.

Samantha Puppy
08-23-2004, 09:52 AM
I completely understand the whole back pain issue. Sorry to hear yours is acting up - hope you feel better soon! Also that your internet connection feels better soon too!

Give Bob some ear scratchies for me. :)
Jaime

lynnestankard
08-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Oh Chris - I'm so sorry - I really commiserate with you. Back pain is AWFUL!
Just do what you know is best - do you have a decent pain killer to take? I always find cups of tea and a cat on the knee just about the best thing!!
Oh I know that shuffle-walk too - Don says I look like my knickers are falling down!!!:D :D
Take good care of yourself and I hope it's only a spasm and will pass very soon. xxx

Lynne

ChrisH
08-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Aw, thanks all. It means so much to know you are there, and care! :)

Less pain while sitting here now - I can even use both hands to type! :) Moving about is still painful but hopefully I will be able to get myself some dinner (thank goodness for oven chips (fries) and all frozen food!).

Connection is ok again right now too. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Back later, I hope! :D

Chris

micki76
08-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Oh I know that shuffle-walk too - Don says I look like my knickers are falling down!!!:D :D

LOL!! :D

cloverfdx
08-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Glad to hear you are not in so much pain now, i hope your back continues to improve. Also good to hear your computer is nt acting up either.

Takecare of yourself :).

BTW, i knew what you meant when you said Chips, no Fries here either ;).

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Sorry to hear your back is acting up, Chris. I hope it continues to improve. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Come to think of it, that makes it kinda hard to type as well. :D Hope Bob and Ebby are doing their fair share of the household chores. ;)

QueenScoopalot
08-23-2004, 10:43 AM
I can empathise with you too. I get spasms every now and then (gee wonder why...when I lug 50lb bags of litter around) and they are excruciating. I use ice for a day or so, and try to do as little as possible for 24 hours. Actually impossible when potties await every single day. So scream away...I hear your pain. :(

DJFyrewolf36
08-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Boy, I do sympathise with you! My back spasams out every once in a while and I can't do anything except sit in one place and hope I don't fall over! I can't even type most of the time. Whats really cruddy is when my back decides to be mean to me while Im driving...once I had to call the hubby from the cell phone to help me out of the car lol!

Feel better, ok! Remus sends some headbumpies for you, hope he doesn't knock you over!

*Smacks* your internet connect. Be good darn you!

AmberLee
08-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Sending very gentle {{{hugs}}}, Chris. Back pain is horrible. Hope you are feeling well soon.

catnapper
08-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Sorry to hear that yur back is acting up! I hope it s shortlived problem and that you're back to normal right quick!

ChrisH
08-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Oh I know that shuffle-walk too - Don says I look like my knickers are falling down!!!:D
LOL!!!
My walk has a strong list to the left hand side, I call it my Quasimodo shuffle! :D
It's at times like this I miss having someone around, a good gigle is the best medicine ... plus of course it would be nice to have a cup of tea made for me now and again, the dog and cat fed and messes cleaned up ... :D

... except to recommend some serious Bob and Ebby therapy.
slick, the attached picture, taken a few minutes ago, shows how much caring I get from them! :D

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes, it means a lot. :)

Chris

slick
08-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH
slick, the attached picture, taken a few minutes ago, shows how much caring I get from them! :DChris
They are obviously in some kind of meditative trance calling upon the medicinal forces to reach down and heal you from within. :D

ChrisH
08-23-2004, 06:04 PM
:D :D :D
You know, I think you may be right! How sweet!:)

tatsxxx11
08-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Back problems??? Oh, I can symapthize, Chris! Hope you're doing a bit better. I'd make you a cuppa and clean up your messies if only I were closer:) Can't count on those kids! lol!:D Take care friend and don't worry, we'll help you catch up:) {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Pam
08-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Oh Chris I have had back problems too and at times it has sent me right to bed. The fact that you are on the computer at all is testament to the addictive nature of Pet Talk! LOL! I had to laugh at the picture of the two furry ones also! It looks like you are on your own here! I hope you start to feel much better real soon.

davidpizzica
08-23-2004, 06:16 PM
LOL!!!
My walk has a strong list to the left hand side, I call it my Quasimodo shuffle! :D
It's at times like this I miss having someone around, a good gigle is the best medicine ... plus of course it would be nice to have a cup of tea made for me now and again, the dog and cat fed and messes cleaned up ... :D

slick, the attached picture, taken a few minutes ago, shows how much caring I get from them! :D

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes, it means a lot. :)

Chris Chris, when I attempt to walk with the walker, I walk like Igor (coming mustah!)

ChrisH
08-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks Pam & Sandra. :) David, think we would make a good double act! :D

Originally posted by Pam
Oh Chris I have had back problems too and at times it has sent me right to bed.
Oh, me too Pam! But sometimes bed is just not the right place to be for me ...well, if you had seen me getting in last night and out this morning it would have at least given you a good giggle. :D
Anyway, I have had a problem with my back for close to 40 years and as soon as it began I'd to get straight off to bed. When my old GP retired the new one had a different take on it, rest, yes, but also, using commonsense, try and move around as much as possible. Also to go easy on the painkillers because sometimes more damage is done when the pain is masked.
Over the years, especially in the last 18 living alone, I have worked out various ways of getting things done, slow, and I should think very funny if anyone was watching, but what is the saying 'necessity is the mother of invention' . :D But I do have to admit it, most of the time it is because I am too stupidly stubborn and independent for my own good!

Chris

Logan
08-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Hang in there, Chris. I have sympathy for anyone who suffers back pain! I had it one time and didn't know what it was for the longest time (it was neck related and hurt in my arm and shoulder)!!! Regardless, it is hard to function!!!

Hope those nurses will wake up and help you out a little!!!!

Logan

lynnestankard
08-24-2004, 04:11 PM
How are you feeling tonight Chris? Much better I hope.

Reading your last post gave me a wonderful metal picture of all us back-pain-suffering PTers, linking arms and trying to walk in a line - what a hoot!! There's you doing your Quasimodo-hunchy-type walk - David doing his Igor crab-wise-shuffle - Micki and Gini holding each other upright - QSL and DJFWolf doing the bottom shuffle and me losing my knickers - now I don't know about you but I'd pay good money to see that!!! :D :D :D

Very gentle {{{Hugs}}} - ow, ow (Sorry).

Lynne

QueenScoopalot
08-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Those kitties look very sypathetic to me! I mean come one...they cleaned your place up all spit-shined and spiffy looking, and they deserve a nap after all that hard work!:D No sypathy from the ingrates here *sigh*:rolleyes:

slick
08-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Chris, I'd be happy to come over and help you out with the household duties! I'd even walk the dog :) :) :) and kiss the dog, and kiss the cat :):) :)

davidpizzica
08-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks Pam & Sandra. :) David, think we would make a good double act! :D

Oh, me too Pam! But sometimes bed is just not the right place to be for me ...well, if you had seen me getting in last night and out this morning it would have at least given you a good giggle. :D
Anyway, I have had a problem with my back for close to 40 years and as soon as it began I'd to get straight off to bed. When my old GP retired the new one had a different take on it, rest, yes, but also, using commonsense, try and move around as much as possible. Also to go easy on the painkillers because sometimes more damage is done when the pain is masked.
Over the years, especially in the last 18 living alone, I have worked out various ways of getting things done, slow, and I should think very funny if anyone was watching, but what is the saying 'necessity is the mother of invention' . :D But I do have to admit it, most of the time it is because I am too stupidly stubborn and independent for my own good!

Chris Chris, let's make our own horror move!! lol lol

micki76
08-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Oh, me too Pam! But sometimes bed is just not the right place to be for me

Same here. I usually can't get into bed. I do better sitting up, unless I'm having the shooting pains in my right leg.

Hope you're feeling better today, Chris. :)

Tonya
08-24-2004, 09:43 PM
I am sorry to hear about your computer and back troubles. I hope that your back feels better soon. The pet's intentions are good, they're resting for you!

Miss Meow
08-24-2004, 10:03 PM
I hope you're feeling a bit better today. Also hope those furry nurses are looking after you!

Sudilar
08-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Hope you start to feel better quickly. My husband and brother have both had back problems. I can just imagine the pain you are in. Get well quick!