PDA

View Full Version : Josie and the Alarm.

christa
08-22-2004, 09:42 PM
We had to lock Josie in her room yesterday. We were going out of town and weren't sure how long we'd be gone.

Anyway, we ended up getting home at midnight last night. As soon as we walked in the door, we could hear it . . . an alarm going off!

There's a radio/alarm clock in Josie's room . . . it was going off, LOUD! And it's one of those really annoying alarm sounds . . . ANYWAY, we let Josie out . . . she was poofed up all night!

Her poor nerves were SHOT!!! Every time we'd look at her, she'd poof up. And I'm not talking about the kind of poof they do when they play . . . I'm talking about play poof times 100!!!

She was pitiful!!! We could tell that she'd tried to dig her way out . . . she'd pulled up a pretty good amount of carpet.

As far as I can tell, the alarm was going for just a little over an hour. I'd hate to think what would have happened if it had been going off all day!!!

Today, she's been soooo clingy to us!!! She even layed against my chest on the couch while I TRIED to take a nap, which is really unusual for her.

Now I know to check and make sure the alarm is turned OFF before we leave!!! Poor baby!

Tonya
08-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Poor Josie! My hair puffs out like that too when my alarm goes off every morning.

Laura's Babies
08-22-2004, 10:16 PM
Poor Josie baby!! SHAME on your Mommie for forgetting to cut that alarm off....or did you cut it on yourself?? I know that was a horriable experience for you, you poor baby!! Me heartt aches for what you went through!! THANK GOD your Mommie came home and saved you!!

(I had a cat named Penny that use to cut mine OFF so she could wake me up, every morning! She would cut if off before it went off)

christa
08-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
....or did you cut it on yourself??

I wondered that myself!

I think she's recovering now though. Pretty stressful.

kimlovescats
08-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Ohhhhhhhh, poor Josie! I know how those things make me jump out of my skin .... even when I'm expecting them!!! :eek:
Poor kitty!!! Give her extra cuddles from me, please!;)

jazzcat
08-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Poor Josie!!! I hope she didn't lose too much hair from that! Something that frightening and stressful to Ripley would have made him shed at least half his coat. We'd bee knitting sweaters right now.

christa
08-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Poor kitty!!! Give her extra cuddles from me, please!;)

Absolutely! That's no problem, especially considering how clingy she's been. She still won't hardly leave my side, which is unusual for Josie.

christa
08-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Something that frightening and stressful to Ripley would have made him shed at least half his coat. We'd bee knitting sweaters right now.

Oh goodness! I had no idea that that could happen! Poor Ripley!

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Aww, precious Josie! That must have been awful, baby. Give meowmie lots of cuddles today and make sure she keeps you safe from that nasty noise.

lizzielou742
08-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Poor baby! I'm sure she'll forget all about it soon, though. *kissies* to Josie!

catmandu
08-23-2004, 10:13 AM
The Found Cats,are glad that the Feeder,is retired,as they too,lie Josie,Hate that Alarm Clock Sound! We are glad,that Cats,set thier own timetable!

DJFyrewolf36
08-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Remus hates the sound of my alarm! I think thats why he wakes me up about three or four minutes before it goes off so I can turn it off lol. The first time Remus heard the thing I had to peel him off of my chest! Explaining four sets of claw prints on my chest and why I yelped bloody murder at 6:30 am to my husband was really interesting!

Poor Joise! Don't worry, alarms are annoying but they won't hurt you! Extra cuddles from me, I feel your pain!

rg_girlca
08-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Aww poor sweet Josie. You must have been so terrified sweetheart.
I wonder how she is going to react now, when she hears your alarm going off in the morning. Poor, poor sweet baby.

That's like the time I accidently locked my Katie in the closet. I didn't even see her go in and she was locked in there all day while we were all at work.
When I got home and opened the closet to hang up my coat, she came out all frazzled and started giving me heck like you wouldn't believe. She is normally clingy, but was even more so after that incident.

Give Josie a hug and kiss from me also.

christa
08-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Josie appreciates all the extra loving . . . she needed it after her incident.

I'm sure she won't be fond of the alarm sound for quite some time! I was afraid she would never go back into her room, but I've caught her in there a few times, on her tree and in her bed.

I always wanted her to be more clingy (she's normally independent, doesn't want to be touched, just looked at) . . . now she may be overly clingy. She's been following me around all morning, like she's trying to tell me something . . .

Cats are so funny sometimes.

Randi
08-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Oh, poor sweet Josie, she must have been so frightened. :(

Please, give her lots of kisses and scritchies from me!