PDA

View Full Version : De-clawing...

Jods
08-22-2004, 09:21 PM
I can't find that de-clawing thread anymore forgot to add... I went to the vet the other day to get pixie her 2nd set of shots and the vet remarked at her softpaws and said he thought they were stupid maybe I should .0cut 0 - haha thats from pixie... anyways cut his fingers off at the first knuckle and ask him if he thinks their stupid now... Sorry thats how I feel I know some people may have de-clawed their cats its just something I wouldn't do... Sorry if I offend anyone

christa
08-22-2004, 09:22 PM
No offense here. I agree.

Jods
08-22-2004, 09:26 PM
oops now I found it it's in cat health

catmandu
08-23-2004, 10:15 AM
I would never declaw,as Scrappy,had so much trouble,when he got older,with dandruff,and keeping,that back,of his tail,clean!The Cats,that are declawed,came,that way,sadly!

DJFyrewolf36
08-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Didn't offend me. I'd have asked the vet if he would function normally if I chopped of his fingers off at the first knuckle! Nobody is going to declaw my little monster cat! People make scratching posts for a reason!

QueenScoopalot
08-23-2004, 10:48 AM
No offense taken here either. I've rescued several declawed cats off the streets, and in horrible shape at the time as well. Woody (who is adopted by some wonderful people I clean/cat sit for) had to have his tail amputated, and was in six month quarantine after. No animal should have to suffer like he did. :( Good for you for being against it! ;)

NoahsMommy
08-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Its funny....a lot of vets feel that way about soft paws. Why?? They remove the $300 + from their pockets. :mad: So much for ethics...

No taken here offense here either. ;) Good for you for stating your opinion to your vet.

Randi
08-23-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't offend anyone here on PT with your comment. :) I'm so glad to hear you won't even consider declawing your cat. I'm appalled at your vet's remark!

Mil0Luv3r
08-23-2004, 02:37 PM
Even though my cats scratch everything I would NEVER EVER declaw them!!

catnapper
08-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Nope.. not offended here, in fact I applaud you for telling your vet off! :)

RedHedd
08-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Funny, I wouldn't even open this thread .... when I see "declaw" in the header I tend to ignore the threads as it just gets my dander up .... but I decided to take a peek. Good on you for speaking up!

dogs_4_me
08-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Definitly not offended--I find most vets dont even declaw now, thank god. The kitty across the street from me got declawed and a dog attacked it and if couldnt defend its self so it got really badly hurt:(