PDA

View Full Version : Gracie & Gabriel & the littermates are......

QueenScoopalot
08-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Starting to eat wet food now! Only a few have started discovering the yummy new smells, but I think in a few more days, I'll be popping open more and more wet food! Gracie has the cutest purrsonality, and comes out of the cage and just goes, with her tail held high! Gabriel is a bit more tentative about exploring things. It's strange how two kittens could have such a big difference in their eyes! :eek: Gracie's are huge and don't react much to light shined in them, but I'm quite sure she navigates better than Gabe. He may have a condition called "micropthalmia" where the eyes never develop properly, and tend to be shrunken. My (and Leslie's) rescue from a while back, Lola, has micropthalmia. Picture of poor Lola...a skitty-kitty.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Lolacloseup.jpg

To refresh memories..here's terribly shy but sweet Lola. :)

kimlovescats
08-22-2004, 09:36 PM
What a poor sweet girl. She is very pretty though! So glad the wee ones are starting to eat good!;)

Laura's Babies
08-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Awe, they are starting to smell good stuff and know what it is and what it is for... Get the camera ready and get a photo shoot of their first attempts at eating...... That would be SO cute!! I can't wait!! Ugh....cough, cough.... and maybe more pictiures if them ANYTIME?? Like now?

QueenScoopalot
08-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Awe, they are starting to smell good stuff and know what it is and what it is for... Get the camera ready and get a photo shoot of their first attempts at eating...... That would be SO cute!! I can't wait!! Ugh....cough, cough.... and maybe more pictiures if them ANYTIME?? Like now?

Ahem..I'm too pooped to post....I mean look! All those typos. :rolleyes: Yes...to appease all the beggers..I'll get pics soon. ;)

rg_girlca
08-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Oh Lola is so pretty. Is she still just as shy today as she was back then Jan? Does she see at all or just shadows? Excuse my ignorance, but I have never heard of micropthalmia.

That's great new that the babies are starting to eat well.
I hope we get to see more pictures of them soon.
Pretty please, with sugar on top. http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys1/grin.gif

catcrazylady
08-23-2004, 05:59 AM
Great news about the little ones. I'm glad they are starting to eat. I know you are a very busy woman but it would be nice to have lots of pictures of the babies so Meg can watch them grow until they are able to come live with her. Don't pay any attention to the fact that WE will be able to see them also. WE have nothing to do with it. WE wouldn't dare be thinking of ourselves in this at all!!!:D :D :D

catlover4ever
08-23-2004, 07:55 AM
They must love the wet food. I showed Mark the pictures of Gracie and Gabriel with Spencer this weekend and he goes "that little one is Gracie....oh!!! look at Gabe with his tail in the air"....yup, were turning Mark to mush!!!!

I went shopping this weekend and got a new scratching post, 2 bags of toys with bells in everything, collars, a small litter box to start them with and a "kitty barn". I don't know why they called it a barn because it does not look anything like a barn. It is a flat board with a tube that makes a small tunnel over the board with a scratching post as well. I want to make sure that Gracie and Gabe get some of their own things because we all know how all of the rest of mine are toy and furniture hogs. In the next couple weeks I will be getting them their new beds and ID tags for their collars.

lizzielou742
08-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Oooh, Gracie and Gabe are starting to grow up! I bet they're tons-of-fun!

jenluckenbach
08-23-2004, 08:45 AM
No pictures................???????????

..............looks around..............

nope, I don't see any. :confused: :confused: :confused:

How can that be??? :confused:

catmandu
08-23-2004, 10:01 AM
The Found Cats,and thier Feeder,are Gald,that that Poor Cat,and her Babies,have a Furr Ever Home,and we are Praying,dfpor the Poor Blind Baby,that he gets a home,where he will be LOVED!

Samantha Puppy
08-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Lola is beautiful...

... but to be honest, the thing that caught my attention to this thread are the names. Gabriel and Grace are what our first born son and daughter will be named!!! LOL

leslie
08-23-2004, 07:51 PM
wow- Samantha puppy! that's really weird and really NEAT! THANKS for posting that! Grace and Gabe are blind babies that have likely found a home with another pter here! We are keeping fingers and toes crossed! Good name choices!

leslie
08-23-2004, 07:55 PM
WHERE ARE PICTUUUUUUUUURESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! HOW TIRING CAN IT BE TO CLICK A BUTTON, THEN DO WHATEVER THE REST IS? (I don't know what that is- is it tiring... sorry if it is and not if it isn't). I wanna see too! (almost came over tonight but decided to pooped to scoop, do laundry etc). Hope all are fine- I didn't know Lola was officially diagnosed.... I thought we thought she may have been traumatized...EEK How is that disorder created- congenital?

slick
08-23-2004, 10:21 PM
OK, time to start whining.

WWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!!!

QueenScoopalot
08-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by slick
OK, time to start whining.

WWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!!!

Whine away....and then come help me trap, scoop umpteen bazillion potties, work, cat sit (back to back jobs there, and 2 times a day, times a 15 minute drive)...laundry, vet runs...let's see what else? :( Either that or I need lots of clones!:(

leslie
08-24-2004, 08:53 PM
but all ya have to do is click a button.... gee whiz! skip a potty or 2 no one uses the one next to the dryer anyway (hardly)...

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-24-2004, 11:51 PM
They sound so adorable!