PDA

View Full Version : Guess what!!!

catnapper
08-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Today at Petco, I was talking to the folks at Jen's Rescue and they were discussng how badly they need foster homes. I asked hubby dearest tonight if we could be a foster family....

and he said we CAN! Yippie, a new kitty to love until he/she finds their furrever home.

Am I nuts? I know I'm about to enter into something that is going to be fun, yet rip my heart out when I have to hand over the kitten to another family to love.

catcrazylady
08-22-2004, 07:31 PM
AWWWWWE!!! I'm jumping up and down for joy!!! Another wonderful foster home for all the needy kitties! Kim that is so wonderful of you! I'm glad hubby said yes and I'm glad your gonna try it. I don't think I could give them up but maybe if you were part of the adoption process and felt comfortable with the family who was adopting then it might be easier.
I think this is fantastic and I'm looking forward to lots of pictures of the foster babies when you get them!!!:D :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Laura's Babies
08-22-2004, 07:37 PM
GREAT NEWS!! One more for the PT'ers!! YAaaaaaaaaaaaa! Lucky YOU!! Wish I could do more than I do..

Tonya
08-22-2004, 07:54 PM
That is awesome! Congratulations!

jenluckenbach
08-22-2004, 07:56 PM
He said yes???????!!!!!!!!!?????????

YIPPEE

Did you hear that at your house????

jazzcat
08-22-2004, 07:57 PM
That is great Kim!!!!!

I can't wait to meet you new house guest.

Jods
08-22-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm so glad to hear that. It's great when people volounteer themselves for this... .I'm not strong enough and would end up with more animals which is why my family will not let me work at a pet shop Wahhhhhhhh!! don't worry though when I buy my own house They'll love coming to visit my petting zoo... hehehe

Grace
08-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Jods said - I'm not strong enough and would end up with more animals which is why my family will not let me work at a pet shop.

For the same reason I cannot volunteer for the Humane Society. I did for about 18 months, a long time ago. Grand total of adoptees: 1 dog, and 5 cats. And we already had one cat at home. And my sweet Dougie Darling is allergic.

I truly envy those of you taking in foster cats. We have 5 cats right now - we only chose 2. The other 3 just happened into our lives and we were too weak to turn them away.

kimlovescats
08-22-2004, 09:15 PM
What fantastic new,Kim! You'll love it! I am envious .... if I could only find a reputable rescue to hook up with, I could do so much for the ones I get ... and keep fewer too!:rolleyes: ;)

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2004, 11:26 PM
This is wonderful news Kim!!!:)

lizzielou742
08-23-2004, 08:33 AM
WOOHOO!!! What great news!! :D When will you start? Or should I say, when will we get to start seeing some PICTURES of new cute babies?! ;)

jenluckenbach
08-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Kim, you better start getting your room ready.....babies are on the way :D:D

I still can't believe Grant finally said yes. Was he drunk :p ??

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Hmm, do you think it was a set up? Do you think Jen has circulated your picture to all rescue organisations and said "Now, if you ever see this woman ..."

:D :D :D

This is excellent news! You'll do a great job for those kitties.

catmandu
08-23-2004, 09:53 AM
We,too think,that you will do a Great Job,for those Foster Cats,the hardest thing,I think,to do,wpuld be,to have,to give them up,when the time comes!

catnapper
08-23-2004, 10:06 AM
I get to choose who my first fosters will be too! They are 12 week old kittens... two tabbies, a blackie, and a tuxies! Who to choose? :D We're taking two.

rg_girlca
08-23-2004, 11:02 AM
CONGRATULATIONS KIM.

I just know you will make a wonderful foster mommy.
Oh give your darling hubby a kiss for me for saying YES.

Now remember Kim, try NOT to get too attached to these precious little kitties that are going to be in your care.
(Yeah, right. Easier said than done.)

Good luck and can't wait to see pics of your first fosters.

BCBlondie
08-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Congrats! Fostering is an excellent way to help out animals in need. I've been fostering kittens about twice a year for the last year and love it! Yes, I'm sad to lose them, but I know they're going to good homes, and plus I know that I already have two cats and my parents wouldn't be happy with any more. It makes it easier to let them go knowing that I CAN'T keep them but they're going to great homes. I fostered two kittens last time, and they both were adopted into the same home, :D and I'm hoping to foster some more kittens really soon!

Kittens are a LOT of fun, and I hope to see many pictures of the ones you're fostering! :D