PDA

View Full Version : The weirdest thing he does..

sammy101
08-22-2004, 02:46 PM
is this problem?? When Kodie see's a dog on the walkway,any size dog,he'll lie(spl??) down and wait for them to sniff him???is this a way of saying he's friendly?? or a dominance thing??People laugh when they see him do that...:o ,it is quite cute but i wish he didnt do that b/c we run into bigger males alot and i wish he didnt lie or sit down incase something happens.
does anyone know why he might do this??

btw-when we first got him,my Dalmation didnt like him for a while so she used to attack him,but she never bit him or anything,she would just get on top of him and growl and moan.mabye its because of that???

chrissycat21
08-22-2004, 02:48 PM
If he rolls over on his back he is showing the other dog that he is not a threat to them. He is showing the other dog that he knows his 'place'. Snowy does that whenever a dog or person comes up to her. But I think she likes the belly rubs, too!

sammy101
08-22-2004, 02:49 PM
he doesnt roll over on his back though..:confused:

Toller 42
08-22-2004, 02:57 PM
He's probably just getting lower than them to show them that he's not going to challenge them and that he knows he's not better than the other dog.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Yep, he's just showing that he won't bring up a challenge and he's saying that he's not going to attack. He's being a nice doggy. :)

sammy101
08-22-2004, 03:26 PM
ok!! He is a very sweet boy and adores other dogs,and if you eve would meet him then you'll know just how friendly he is;) he's a little too friendly with new people. well ok thats all i needed to know and i just wanted other peoples opinions on what that means!!

thanks everyone!!:)

Tonya
08-22-2004, 03:30 PM
What a sweetie! He's just showing them that he's a friendly boy!