PDA

View Full Version : Millie cut a hole in her ear :(

micki76
08-21-2004, 10:17 PM
My poor sweet girl. :(

We were sitting out in the backyard after hubby finished working on the chainlink fence watching the dogs play, and I called Millie to come give me a kiss. Well she came running at me at top speed and ran into the rose bush by the pathway. She screamed bloody murder and when she finally got to me she was bleeding like a stuck pig. :( I mean there was blood everywhere. We were frantically trying to figure out where she had cut herself. I swear, as much as she was pumping out, I was looking along her side for a huge gash. :eek: There were drops of blood raining down everywhere on the patio, on us, and it seemed to be all over Millie.

We finally figured out that it was her ear and that every time she moved blood was going everywhere. I finally pinched the hole with my fingers and got her to stop bleeding, but every time she moved blood pumped out, especially when she shook her ears.

We took her inside with a half a roll of paper towels rapped around her head and I held her while Michael cut a sock to put on her head. We got the homemade snood on her and it stayed on pretty good, and along with the cone, kept her from flapping her ears and making it bleed. We called the vet and he had us put super glue on a small bit of cotton and stick it on her ear! :eek: Then we taped it up really well. So now the poor baby has a cotton ball super glued to her ear, then 5 layers of tape, then a tacky sock snood, and a degrading cone. :( He also advised that we should give her some of Abby’s leftover tranquilizers for the night. So now she’s also stoned and out of it. Steve said that the ears and tongue are the biggest bleeders and that if we can keep her from bleeding tonight and tomorrow, by Monday she should be safe to leave alone without coating the ceiling & walls in blood.

I have to say that there's a good reason that I don't have skin kids. There's no way I could keep it together when they got hurt. I freaked when I couldn't figure out where all that blood was coming from. Freaked. Freaked!!!

She asked that I not show you pictures, but this is PT and pics are required. She's asleep now so she'll never know. ;)

She's not nearly as good a patient as Chester, but then he’s had way more practice. :rolleyes:

So pics of my poor baby in her horrible getup are in the next post.

micki76
08-21-2004, 10:18 PM
I'm not happy about this, Mom
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/pe2bacdcebec84728667ed4de266ce0f6/f75428d1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p90dc6d660a51e257eb9daaebb2c6021e/f7542943.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p12f94d811edb7ac3cab673b935041a7a/f7542e9a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p04f14c24061a5a7c5adb697d12249241/f75429d2.jpg

Before the incident: :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p409dd59fd7d8c0b44a5880231954cd5c/f7542b10.jpg

sammy101
08-21-2004, 10:22 PM
aww poor girl!! all that stuck around her ears:( Well atleast it stopped bleeding,and i hope she gets better soon!

dogs_4_me
08-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Poor Millie. I'm so glad shes ok!!!!.

shais_mom
08-21-2004, 11:06 PM
poor little thing!!!!
How traumatic!!!
I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers, Micki!

Karen
08-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Those pictures are priceless. Poor beleaguered baby! Sneak her a kiss from me, right on her sleeping little nose. Awwwww

micki76
08-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Thanks for your kind thoughts, all. Millie's not wanting to sleep and can't get comfortable (who could) with everything on her head. :( I'm in the other room and Michael's gone to bed with her. Chester and I will sleep in the guest room tonight.

We took the sock off and put on a knee high so she'd be cooler. (she's always hot) She looks even sadder now. It's awfully cute on her though.

jenfer
08-22-2004, 01:15 AM
I can't see any pics. :(

I hope Millie will be a good girl and her ear will be heal fast.

DogLover9501
08-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by jenfer

Me neither :( I'll check back in the morning!

I hope Millie's ear gets better fast!

Kater
08-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Poor Millie! What an ordeal!
Sounds like Mommy and Daddy got you patched up nicely....sorry it's not conducive to sleep. :(
Hopefully sweet Milie will heal quickly so she can get back to a cone-free lifestyle! ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-22-2004, 06:23 AM
Poor millie. I hope you feel better soon.

Note: I can't see the pictures either.

LorraineO
08-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by jenfer

I hope Millie will be a good girl and her ear will be heal fast.

Me either???? Can you resend????

Cincy'sMom
08-22-2004, 07:45 AM
Poor Millie!!! And how scary for you!!

I hope you guys got some rest last night. Good luck keeping Millie calm today. Fingers crossed her ear heals quickly!

anna_66
08-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Seems as IS is down so I can't see the pictures but I'm glad your little girl is doing ok:)
Hmmm super glue & cottonballs...modern medicine is wonderful! That really was a great idea he had, I would have never ever thought of that.

catnapper
08-22-2004, 08:55 AM
Poor Millie! Nicki cut her ear once... ok, ok, truth is RB Sammie attacked her. Man the blood that poured from that teeny cut! :eek: I also know what you mean by not haivng skin kids. When Pouncer (I'm sorry to talk about a cat on the dog side ;) ) fell and broke his paw, I was an absolute basket case. I knew that night that there was no way in the world I'd have been able to handle an accident involving a human child.

I hope Millie's ear has a chance to heal today and tomorrow so that she doesn't have to wear the homemade snood and cone. Poor thing.

KYS
08-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Millie, wishing your ear heals fast.
Hugs (((^..^)))

micki76
08-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Imagestation is down for a bit, they're doing maintenence.

I'll try photobucket.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Kids8-4354.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Kids8-4349.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Kids8-4347.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Kids8-4328.jpg

Before (:D) the incident:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Kids8-4344.jpg

Holly's mom
08-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Oh, poor Millie! I would have freaked out, too. Hope she's feeling better today....

Pam
08-22-2004, 11:25 AM
I tried to look at your pictures earlier but Imagestation was down. Now I can see them all and what a sad looking little pupster she is. :( Millie unfortunately the roses are pretty but they do have their nasty side. I am sorry you found out the hard way. I know you must feel a little silly in the contraption that your mommy and daddy have rigged up for you but it won't last forever. We are all just so glad that the bleeding has stopped and you are on the way to recovery. Now as for your mom, I wonder if her heart has stopped racing yet! :p :p

ChrisH
08-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Aww, poor Millie :(

That must have been so scary, I would have been in a complete panic.

wolf_Q
08-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Poor Millie girl! I would have freaked with all that blood everywhere too! :eek: She looks so miserable with the cone on her head and all...hope she gets feeling better soon!

Logan
08-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Poor sweet girl!!! :( I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, Micki. I hope she is doing better.

jazzcat
08-23-2004, 11:27 PM
Oh no, poor Millie! She looks very unhappy in those pictures. I hope she feels better soon.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-24-2004, 04:54 AM
Poor Millie - I hope she gets better soon!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-24-2004, 05:19 AM
How's Millie doing? Is she out of the snood and lamp shade collar?
Poor lil girl. Hope she she feeling better.

anna_66
08-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Oh Millie you look so darn sad in your getup. I do hope you ear is feeling better today.
Hugs and kisses to you sweetie.

sana
05-23-2010, 04:48 AM
My poor sweet girl. :(

We were sitting out in the backyard after hubby finished working on the chainlink fence watching the dogs play, and I called Millie to come give me a kiss. Well she came running at me at top speed and ran into the rose bush by the pathway. She screamed bloody murder and when she finally got to me she was bleeding like a stuck pig. :( I mean there was blood everywhere. We were frantically trying to figure out where she had cut herself. I swear, as much as she was pumping out, I was looking along her side for a huge gash. :eek: There were drops of blood raining down everywhere on the patio, on us, and it seemed to be all over Millie.

We finally figured out that it was her ear and that every time she moved blood was going everywhere. I finally pinched the hole with my fingers and got her to stop bleeding, but every time she moved blood pumped out, especially when she shook her ears.

We took her inside with a half a roll of paper towels rapped around her head and I held her while Michael cut a sock to put on her head. We got the homemade snood on her and it stayed on pretty good, and along with the cone, kept her from flapping her ears and making it bleed. We called the vet and he had us put super glue on a small bit of cotton and stick it on her ear! :eek: Then we taped it up really well. So now the poor baby has a cotton ball super glued to her ear, then 5 layers of tape, then a tacky sock snood, and a degrading cone. :( He also advised that we should give her some of Abby’s leftover tranquilizers for the night. So now she’s also stoned and out of it. Steve said that the ears and tongue are the biggest bleeders and that if we can keep her from bleeding tonight and tomorrow, by Monday she should be safe to leave alone without coating the ceiling & walls in blood.

I have to say that there's a good reason that I don't have skin kids. There's no way I could keep it together when they got hurt. I freaked when I couldn't figure out where all that blood was coming from. Freaked. Freaked!!!

She asked that I not show you pictures, but this is PT and pics are required. She's asleep now so she'll never know. ;)

She's not nearly as good a patient as Chester, but then he’s had way more practice. :rolleyes:

So pics of my poor baby in her horrible getup are in the next post.

Poor Girl, hope she gets well soon. God bless her and give her good health.:(

Miranda_Rae
05-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Pooor Millie!!! I know how badly ear cuts bleed!!! One time Heidi came home for hunting with the boys and she had decided she wanted to run through barbwire fence (wonderful idea might i add) and so i had to call my vet at 7 pm on a sunday night, and we went in. She had to have stitches to put it back together, and i got to help sew it up. It healed up so nicely you can barely see it. But super glue is an awesome tool for cuts like that!! We have it always just in case stuff happens, since Heidi is accident prone.:rolleyes: I can't see the pictures, but i am sure she is totally thrilled to have new fashion accesories....NOT!! :p Keep us posted on how she is doing!

Karen
05-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Miranda, this is an old thread from 2004, Millie healed up long ago, and was back to making trouble in no time!

Miranda_Rae
05-28-2010, 12:07 PM
WELLLL karen....I should maybe like read the dates before I post. Sorrry..:o:rolleyes: Genius me...