PDA

View Full Version : HEY PTers! I'M HOME!!!!

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 04:23 PM
HEY PTERS, I'M HOME!!! To all PTers, I'm just got home about a
half hour ago. The new knee is still pretty stiff & sore, but I can get around with a walker. I'll have a PTer(physical therapist) coming around and also a nurse. Nikki just came down to greet me and Daisy will be down later. HOW IN THE HECK CAN I THANK YOU?? PTers I AM OVERWHELMED WITH ALL THE CARDS, GIFTS, AND EMAILS THAT CAME TO ME AT THE HOSPITAL!! SAYING THANK YOU WON'T EVEN BEGIN TO COVER IT!! ( I think you guys drove the poor lady at the hospital CRAZY) BUT JUST FOR A START< THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! (to Slick, I guess I do have a funny accent0

slick
08-21-2004, 04:30 PM
OMG, Welcome Home David. That was such a short hospital stay!! You must have been a great patient; either that or they got sick of delivering all those Pet Talkers cards.:D

Now listen to nurse Mario and sit down and take it easy. Preferrably the chair will be right in front of your 'puter.:)

Tonya
08-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi, David! I am so glad to hear from you! I have been wondering about you the past few days. How's the pain? How are ya!?

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by slick
OMG, Welcome Home David. That was such a short hospital stay!! You must have been a great patient; either that or they got sick of delivering all those Pet Talkers cards.:D

Now listen to nurse Mario and sit down and take it easy. Preferrably the chair will be right in front of your 'puter.:) sLICK, I think the lady making out the emails wanted to throw me out first!! Hey slick, what accent?

Uabassoon
08-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Welcome home! I hope your knee feels as good as new soon!

Killearn Kitties
08-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Welcome home!!! :D I can't believe you are back so quickly! You do everything those doctors tell you now. We want you running around in the shortest time possible!

slick
08-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by david p
sLICK, I think the lady making out the emails wanted to throw me out first!! Hey slick, what accent?
When I spoke to you on the phone I could hear a very pronouced American accent. It's like when I was at Gini's, I was told I had a Canadian accent.

Canadian's have an accent??:confused:

Check out the whole General forum. You've missed out on quite alot.;)

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Hi, David! I am so glad to hear from you! I have been wondering about you the past few days. How's the pain? How are ya!? The Pet Talk therapy is working wonders! I start the the regular PT on monday. The bionic knee is still pretty stiff and sore, and I think the reason I didn't stay longer was that they wanted to make sure that the incision had started to heal.

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 04:53 PM

Now listen to nurse Mario and sit down and take it easy. Preferrably the chair will be right in front of your 'puter.:) Slick, I think the reason for the short hospital stay was that the surgeon wanted to make sure the incision had started to heal. Slick, this incision is about 6 inches long(and UGLY!)

Randi
08-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Welcome back, David! That was quick! :eek: Now, don't rush it, just take it easy. Have you got a chair with wheels on it? Then, don't overdo the drugs and race around bumping into things! :D

Wishing you a speedy recovery! :)

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Randi
Welcome back, David! That was quick! :eek: Now, don't rush it, just take it easy. Have you got a chair with wheels on it? Then, don't overdo the drugs and race around bumping into things! :D

Wishing you a speedy recovery! :) Randi, all I plan to do for the next couple of days is to be on PT! I have a walker on wheels where I can get to the kitchen and bedroom. It's a good thing I don't have to go up steps. Kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom are on one level.

gini
08-21-2004, 05:05 PM
Hey, you are home already? You were on everyone's mind earlier in the week.

I am glad that you got all of your cards. That was Phred's idea.

Accent? I have never talked to you on the phone, but I can guarantee you that the one with the "accent" is our Slick.

Being a Kanuck and all.........how can she help it?

Welcome home David! We will have something to celebrate at Thursdays (which seems to be open 24/7).

Take good care and do as you are told!!

tatsxxx11
08-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Welcome home David:) Oh, what great news! Could've told you...they kick 'em out pretty quick these days:D Back surgeries used to be on bedrest for days and hospitalized for 2-3 weeks! Now, 1 maybe two days and you're outta there! :eek: We're all SO happy to have you home, safe, sound and on the way to recovery David! You did it guy:D Woo hoo! Now, take it easy, but work hard on your PT:D Before long, you'll be leaping buildings in a single bound! Good for you friend:) {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by gini
Hey, you are home already? You were on everyone's mind earlier in the week.

I am glad that you got all of your cards. That was Phred's idea.

Accent? I have never talked to you on the phone, but I can guarantee you that the one with the "accent" is our Slick.

Being a Kanuck and all.........how can she help it?

Welcome home David! We will have something to celebrate at Thursdays (which seems to be open 24/7).

Take good care and do as you are told!! Gini, I think the idea of throwing me out early came from that poor lady that printed up the e-mails!! LOL LOL

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 05:43 PM
When I spoke to you on the phone I could hear a very pronouced American accent. It's like when I was at Gini's, I was told I had a Canadian accent.

Canadian's have an accent??:confused:

Check out the whole General forum. You've missed out on quite alot.;) Slick, my accent is unique among american accents. Pittsburgh accents are really pronounced and different from american accents!! BTW, if I missed your birthday, I'm sorry, I was busy! LOL LOL Happy belated birthday!

trayi52
08-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Great to hear your home, David!! I am so happy you have your surgery over with. Now comes the time of healing.

I just opened up Pet Talk, and seen your thread, and was so surprised! I am so happy you are home. I have really missed seeing your posts!

Now, you take it easy and get well, get rid of all the pain. Really great to hear from you!

Willie:)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-21-2004, 05:57 PM
WOW! WELCOME BACK!
If I'd known I could have emailed you in the hospital that lady would have been lots busier!

Did you take Mario with you?;)

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Great to hear your home, David!! I am so happy you have your surgery over with. Now comes the time of healing.

I just opened up Pet Talk, and seen your thread, and was so surprised! I am so happy you are home. I have really missed seeing your posts!

Now, you take it easy and get well, get rid of all the pain. Really great to hear from you!

Willie:) Willie, I think the surgery was the easy part! Right now I have PAIN and stiffness and for right now, all I can do is sit in a chair! I have a wheeled walker, but when I use it, I look like Mario with a walker lol lol PTers, you are the greatest therapy on earth!!!

slick
08-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Slick, my accent is unique among american accents. Pittsburgh accents are really pronounced and different from american accents!! BTW, if I missed your birthday, I'm sorry, I was busy! LOL LOL Happy belated birthday!
While I can tell the difference between a New York accent and a New Orleans accent, people from all other parts of the States sound the same to me, and they all have an accent, even Gini and Debbie. :D
Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's over and done now for another year. 13 yrs until retirement.
I'm just wondering, is your knee swollen and did the doctor say anything about putting ice on it?

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
WOW! WELCOME BACK!
If I'd known I could have emailed you in the hospital that lady would have been lots busier!

Did you take Mario with you?;)

Connie, Iwas too busy getting to the hospital that I forgot him. But don't worry he will be here during my recouperation!

sirrahbed
08-21-2004, 06:03 PM
DAVID!!! So good to see you are home and back online. That is just great:D I hope you are healing up and being at home with PetTalk is excellent therapy.

And this is most certainly true;)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Looky! David, you are only 20 posts away from 1000!!! :D

Bet you make it soon!:D

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 06:09 PM
While I can tell the difference between a New York accent and a New Orleans accent, people from all other parts of the States sound the same to me, and they all have an accent, even Gini and Debbie. :D
Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's over and done now for another year. 13 yrs until retirement.
I'm just wondering, is your knee swollen and did the doctor say anything about putting ice on it? Slick, it's not too swollen, Bu I can put ice on it if it gets too bad. Right now I'm sitting up in a chair where I feel more comfortable, I tried laying on th couch, but it was too painful to lift my left leg over Slick, who's brainstorm was it to email the hospital? Great idea!

Lillycat
08-21-2004, 08:10 PM
wonderful, wonderful news.....happy homecoming!!!!!

Felicia's Mom
08-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Glad to hear you are home!

LoudLou
08-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Welcome home! :D

Your new theme music??? ;)
http://www.sixmilliondollarsite.co.uk/multimedia/sounds/season1.mp3

jazzcat
08-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Welcome home!!! Just try to think of it as all up hill from here. Of course you shouldn't actually climb up hill yet, LOL!!! Take care.

kimlovescats
08-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Welcome Home, David!!! So glad you are doing well, and back on PT!!!:D

slick
08-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Welcome home! :D

Your new theme music??? ;)
http://www.sixmilliondollarsite.co.uk/multimedia/sounds/season1.mp3
OMg that's hilarious LL. :D :D :D

carole
08-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Welcome back Matey, So pleased all went well, and I am sorry to hear you are in pain though, gosh I thought these days, there was no need to suffer, guess I was wrong, hope you are taking the pain meds, according to the Doctors, and keeping it a bay as much as possible.

I sent you one of those email cards, hope you got it,I reckon they must have been overwhelmed by the amount of attention you got, they probably figure this guy is so POPULAR and hey they would be right, right?

David did you see we finally got a GOLD MEDAL, our first medal, and it was our twin sisters from my City, YAHOO!!, sorry to brag, but hey its been worth the wait, USA is of course creaming everyone, and top of the Table, way to go!!!

Well my friend , i hope as each day passes you will feel better, and soon be back to normal, just think how much more time you can spend here now. Take much care., i am thinking of you.:)

Miss Meow
08-21-2004, 11:12 PM
David, welcome back!

Glad you are home and hope your bionics get up and working quickly!

Best wishes from us.

Corinna
08-21-2004, 11:20 PM
HEY ITS SO GREAT THAT YOUR HOME . The e-mail was Phreds doing, it was a terrific thing(maybe not for the gal running to your room) . Glad to hear your healing well , it does some times take us diabetics a little longer.
We will see you in the bar soon. Mario has missed you.

K9karen
08-21-2004, 11:34 PM
I"LL RACE YA!!! :D :D :D :D ;) :p
ALL kinds of PT'ers are awesome... been helped many times by both! Glad you're home too!!!

kingrattus
08-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Glad ur back & feeling ok :)
I bet the pain u feel now is nothing compaired to before. Thats how my aunt felt.

When I was reading ur replies on here, one of them reminded me of something else that happened to my aunts new knee.

Both knees were healed 100% (this was before the bone infection) & she was walking & bending her knees for the first time in years! Everyone thought all was well But it really wasn't & no one knew what was gonna happen next.

I don't remember what she was doing, but I think she was in the barn with the sheep & lambs (shes a very stubborn woman). & one of her OLD, as in 10 year old Scars from an old knee surgery ripped open. The Dr.s said they think it happened cause of the work they did on removing the old knee & putting the new one in weakened the scar from the bottom & cause the new stiches had healed so well & it must have pulled more skin from the old scar & caused it to rip open.

So if u have had other surgeries on that knee, keep an eye on that one too. Cause u could never know & I don't want anyone else in the same situation as her.

I missed the email thread, sorry about that. But I do send Good wishes your way :)

p.s. I have no idea how my aunt is doing now. I haven't spoken to my parents since new years, so I can't get anymore updates. & I'm not allowed to make longdistance phone calls & she lives about 2000km away :eek: in NS/Canada

Aspen and Misty
08-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Welcome back David! Sorry I didn't get to visit, my mom was an emotional wreck after dropping her "baby boy" off at the college. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad you are home! I bet you are MUCH happier now.

Ashley :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-22-2004, 01:33 AM
Hi David,

I'm so glad you are home, where you belong!! (And back on PT, where you belong)!!

Hope your recovery continues to go smoothly.

(((HUGS)))

Julie

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 02:16 AM
Carole, Pters are the greatest! I'm in pain right now, but every day it should get less and less. I nget baround the house with a wheeled walker(that's a sight to behold!) and it's a little easier for me because my kitchen, livingroom, bathroom, and bedroom are on one floor. Carole, I think the poor lady who printed the e-mails got the idea of letting me go early! LOL LOL As I said before, being on PT is the greatest therapy a guy can get!!

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
Welcome back David! Sorry I didn't get to visit, my mom was an emotional wreck after dropping her "baby boy" off at the college. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad you are home! I bet you are MUCH happier now.

Ashley :D Painful, but it will get a little less every day. But at least you were there in spirit as were all the PTers! Greatest group of people in the world!!

Randi
08-22-2004, 06:04 AM
I think the poor lady who printed the e-mails got the idea of letting me go early! LOL LOL As I said before, being on PT is the greatest therapy a guy can get!!
You know, that lady may even want to join PT to see what it's all about! :D Or tell other patients about it.

Now, take it easy and get better soon! :)

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 06:30 AM
Randi, reading those e-mails was the greatest boost I could ever have! I'm still overwhelmed by all of the caring people here at PT! This is not just a pet forum, but a CARING forum!!

Lillycat
08-22-2004, 06:38 AM
good morning david! you sound sooooo upbeat......that is wonderful and sooooo good for the healing process!!!

lbaker
08-22-2004, 07:14 AM
Phred gave us the email link on your "Three More Days" thread and told us all the important info we would need to fill out the cards. Phread is a sweetheart just like you :cool: We must take care of our own you know ;)

Rachel
08-22-2004, 09:51 AM
David, it is so good to hear that you are home already. Everything must have gone according to plan and no complications. Just think, no more worrying and anxiety about having this done. That part really has to feel good. Your physical therapy is an important part of the process and cooperating with that to the extent it is prescribed will be essential, so no flaking off! Don't hesitate to ask questions or relay your concerns, should you have any, to your doctor.

May each day find you with a little less pain and a bit more mobility. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen as quickly as you want it to. It will happen. In the mean time, if you want to whine and complain, have at it! We are hear to listen and sympathize.

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
David, it is so good to hear that you are home already. Everything must have gone according to plan and no complications. Just think, no more worrying and anxiety about having this done. That part really has to feel good. Your physical therapy is an important part of the process and cooperating with that to the extent it is prescribed will be essential, so no flaking off! Don't hesitate to ask questions or relay your concerns, should you have any, to your doctor.

May each day find you with a little less pain and a bit more mobility. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen as quickly as you want it to. It will happen. In the mean time, if you want to whine and complain, have at it! We are hear to listen and sympathize. Rachel, this is the perfect place to whine and complain!

gini
08-22-2004, 10:15 AM
David, you must be doing pretty well, you have been all over the board this morning!

Wasn't that a great idea Phred had about sending you cards? I was the one that sent you a Congratulations on the Baby boy. I figured it must feel like you have given birth - to a new knee!!

All of us wanted you to know that we cared and were worried about you.

If you don't have a good day, come here and tell us about it, because we will understand.

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by gini
David, you must be doing pretty well, you have been all over the board this morning!

Wasn't that a great idea Phred had about sending you cards? I was the one that sent you a Congratulations on the Baby boy. I figured it must feel like you have given birth - to a new knee!!

All of us wanted you to know that we cared and were worried about you.

If you don't have a good day, come here and tell us about it, because we will understand. Gini, I'm stiff and sore and anything else
you can think of, but getting back on PT is great therapy. Gini, I didn't think I could give birth to ANYTHING! My son, the new knee!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Connie, Iwas too busy getting to the hospital that I forgot him. But don't worry he will be here during my recouperation! :D Besides, a grown man walking into a hospital carrying a stuffed monkey may have gotten you admitted to the psych ward!!!!:D

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 11:58 AM
:D Besides, a grown man walking into a hospital carrying a stuffed monkey may have gotten you admitted to the psych ward!!!!:D they might have skippd the knee and gone for the head!

slick
08-22-2004, 12:03 PM
David,
You say your PT starts next week. What days and what time. You certainly don't us calling you when you're doing your "floor exercises". :D :D That's something you just don't "kneed".

momoffuzzyfaces
08-22-2004, 12:03 PM
they might have skippd the knee and gone for the head! LOL!!!!! :D :D :D

psst: only 8 to go....
;)

Albea
08-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Welcome back, David!
Now, be good and do your physical therapy. It would help a lot if you keep using ice, and your scar will heal better if, in a couple of weeks, you rub some Vitamin E on it.
Didn't they give you that infernal machine that helps you bend the leg a little at the time and you have to use several times a day?
Best wishes for a quick recovery from your fellow bionic PTalker

rg_girlca
08-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Wow David, I can't believe how fast you made it back to us.

Great to have you back and to hear that all went well.

The first couple of weeks are the hardest and from then on it's clear sailing all the way.

Be good and try not to push yourself too hard.:)

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Albea
Welcome back, David!
Now, be good and do your physical therapy. It would help a lot if you keep using ice, and your scar will heal better if, in a couple of weeks, you rub some Vitamin E on it.
Didn't they give you that infernal machine that helps you bend the leg a little at the time and you have to use several times a day?
Best wishes for a quick recovery from your fellow bionic PTalker Albea, for me right now there is NO running to the bathroom! Shuffling to there, but no running! I use a walker to get around the house, bu it's slow going.Albea, I'm basically worn out from all they did to me!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-22-2004, 03:04 PM
By the way, I started you a pillar thread! You are close enough in my opinion!:D

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 04:03 PM
By the way, I started you a pillar thread! You are close enough in my opinion!:D Connie, right now I don't feel so pillarish!! But I guess I'm pretty close.

QueenScoopalot
08-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Welcome back David! Hope the knee has you up and dancing at the cyber bar (on it of course) real soon. Mario demands the first dance you know! :D Glad you're home with your girls, and I'll bet they missed you. :)

AmberLee
08-22-2004, 07:13 PM
:o :o Oops, missed this thread at first and just sent another email to your hospital room!

Bet the email coordinator will be glad to quit running cards to you...

Be good and heal up fast. No tripping over cats, though.

(The card: Cassy ate a rose yesterday and dedicated it to you.)

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Welcome back David! Hope the knee has you up and dancing at the cyber bar (on it of course) real soon. Mario demands the first dance you know! :D Glad you're home with your girls, and I'll bet they missed you. :) QSA, I don't think the girls are sure of the situation yet! They run when I move the walker and it's so new to them. (It's so new to me, too) But I think that day by day I will get better and better!

ChrisH
08-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Welcome back, David. :)

anna_66
08-23-2004, 06:58 AM
Welcome Home David!