PDA

View Full Version : My kitty has a problem

Kristyn
08-21-2004, 03:19 PM
I have a kitty that keeps peeing in a corner of our house. The doctors said he needed to get fixed, but he still does it. We have tried everything. Please Help!!!:(

Karen
08-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Any reason you cannot put a litterbox there?

You need to clean the spot using specialiized cleaners to get rid of the smell. There's stuff you can buy at any pet-supply store that has an enzyme that breaks down the chemical. (There's one called Nature's Miracle). Anything else won't be as effective.

sirrahbed
08-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Have you tried different types of litters? Some kitties are very fussy about what they use. We had a male who refused to use anything scented. Some will only use the old non-clumping type. Did anything recently change at your house to make him start this behavior - like a move, new carpet, new baby, new pet, etc??
You might also click on SEARCH at the top right and enter "spraying" - there have been quite a few older threads from people with the same problems and things that have helped. There are also medications to try - some are natural and do not need a prescription (guess i should not call them medications, then!) but also some that the vet can prescribe. Hope you find some answers!!

catnapper
08-21-2004, 05:06 PM
hmm... my Allen will pee in a laundry basket or on the kid's clothes they dropped on the floor. Nowhere else. And he only does it when he feels his litter is not clean enough. I scoop twice a day. If you have more than one cat, you shold have one box per cat plus one extra. Even with my three boxes, Allen still will occasionally pee where he's not supposed to because he's being a fussy brat! I know you said you've tried everything, but some cats have different opinions on how clean their box should be. also, some cats refuse to go pee in the same box they just went poo in. And vice versa.

I wish they could talk to us and tell us what they're thinking!

Kristyn
08-22-2004, 03:45 PM
We have added another litter box making three for our two cats. We dont think the litter is a problem because they still use the litter boxes its just that the one cat occasionally pees in the same corner. Im glad to report that there are no problems so far today though.:D

Kristyn
08-22-2004, 03:47 PM
O yeah! we put a litter box at the spot and he just went around it. I dont get it...:confused:

Craftlady
08-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Is the area he is using on carpet, vinyl flooring or wood?
If it's carpet area he is still picking up the scent from the padding. If it's vinyl/wood flooring I would throughly wash the area again with appropriate cleaners for the flooring material.

Once you cleaned than use the Natures Mircle over the area it's a wonderful product.

As he been fixed? If he hasn't yet he will continue to spray until he is fixed.

Kristyn
08-27-2004, 09:10 AM
yes, he has been nuetered. The floor was carpet but we put a large sheet of plastic ther a while ago when he started all this. This morning he went again.:confused: we have tried to clean the whole area with special pet cleaners, but NOTHING seems to work.:(

sirrahbed
08-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Kristyn - with all the things you have and are trying - maybe it is time to talk to the vet about checking him for a urinary problem, and if there is none - the possibility of using a medication for him. There is a variety of prescription medications that can help. Some of them are Prozac, Amitriptyline, Cyproheptadine and others. A few over the counter remedies include Feliway and Rescue Remedy.
You might try clicking SEARCH at top right of the forum and then enter "spraying" and Cat General - to find previous discussions we have had here. Good luck!