PDA

View Full Version : Jasper went to a dog park for the first time!!!!

DogLover9501
08-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, I only found out yesterday that we actually have a dog park here! So today we took Jasper out there.

We got there and took him off-leash. There were 3 goldens there, who seemed to stick together! A GSD puppy, a Rottie(:D :D :D), a black lab(who was SO annoying, his owners didn't seem to have any controll over him, and Jasper was scared of him!), there were also some little dogs who also stuck together.

It's all fenced, and it has a water fountain and things.

Jasper was VERY confused and scared at first, but he really started loosening up and running around, he also almost banged into a little chi. but jumped over him instead LOL :o

It was a LONG bumpy drive though, it's about 45 minutes away.

Well sorry for the pointless thread, just wanted to share! I was very, very excited!!

Next time, I'll bring my camera!

dogs_4_me
08-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Jasper must of been so excited! No wonder he was scared and timid at first, he probaly wasnt used to all those dogs coming up to him in such a big space:p I know Emma was. We need picture of Jasper in the park ASAP!!:) :D

swimma253
08-21-2004, 04:08 PM
I hope he had fun! :)

cloverfdx
08-22-2004, 08:14 AM
Awww what a lucky boy Jasper is :). I bet he will be a little more relaxed next time. Try to be brave Jasper ;).

anna_66
08-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Not a pointless thread at all, but you definately should have taken the camera:p

I'm glad to hear that he had such a great time, now maybe he'll get to go more often!

dappledoxie
08-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Not pointless! :D I bet next time he'll enjoy it even more, it sounds like a great place! :D

DogLover9501
08-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Wow, I didnt think Id get replies to this :p

YES!! I should have brang my camera, UGH! I would have loved to get a few shots of that gorgeous rottie boy, Larry! And of Jasper, of course :p

I'll be sure to bring it next time!

mruffruff
08-23-2004, 07:55 AM
The first time I took my dogs to the dog park, they weren't sure how to act. It took a while for them to leave my side. Now they can't wait to meet the other dogs!

The more you take Jasper, the more he'll loosen up. Too bad it's so far away, though.

Mary