PDA

View Full Version : We met Rose today!!!!

LorraineO
08-21-2004, 02:21 PM
We got to meet up with Rose,, our possible partially blind adoptee,,, and man,, is she ever sweet,,,, such a wonderful dog,, quiet, well behaved and she and our LucyBelle hit it off! Lucy didnt even object to Rose taking her favourite bone!! amazing!

I have only one qualm,,, its the hair!! OH man,, she is shedding some bad!!! It could be she needs a good bath, a throughal brushing and some really good food into her... When they arent up to snuff in the health dept, they can have bad coats.... I guess if we go thru with this,, I will have some serious one on one time with my vacumn!!!! :D We will have another visit next saturday ..an overnighter... see how that goes,, if it goes ok,,, we will take her to our Vet for a once over, discuss her eyes and such then adopt......

She seems to know the name Rose more then we figured,, so we might have to stick with that name,,, I dont like Rose,, might change it to something like RosieBelle instead.... kinda goes with LucyBelle eh? Will most likely end up calling her mostly rosie.....

There,, I finished babbling,,, sorry,, hope you all dont mind!!!!

Lorraine O

chrissycat21
08-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Congrats! I hope everything works out!

sammy101
08-21-2004, 02:32 PM
she sounds like a sweet dog!! If you have pic's of her,then mabye we could help you with a new name for her!!;) im glad the Lucybelle liked her!! and hit it off good.When is she coming home with you??

btw you can babble all you want!!:)

tatsxxx11
08-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Being mom to a Husky and Lab, I know what it's like, being bonded to a vacuum:D Rose sounds like such a sweetheart and I'm so happy to hear that she and LucyBelle hit it off! By the way, I love the name:) Paws crossed that all works out and soon, Rose will be coming home! You're a hero:)

dogs_4_me
08-21-2004, 04:01 PM
You must be so excited about maybe getting rose!! That is great Lucy and her get along.:D I love the name RosieBelle as well...does great with Lucybelle!:D :D Post pics of Rosie and Lucy ASAP!!!!!:p

Karen
08-21-2004, 04:08 PM
I am sure with a bath and a good grooming - and regular brushings - her coat will be much better. How exciting that she and LucyBelle get along! Wheeee!

LorraineO
08-21-2004, 09:26 PM
thanks Ladies.... I reallllllly appreciate the support and all.. I am still so nervouse about this adoption,,,, Just worried about the big step is all. she truly is a doll....

I am really hoping that with time her coat will not shed QUITE as much as it was today,, I mean, man,, I would pet her from her head to her bum and come away with a handful of hair! What season do Huskies BLOW coats??? Maybe thats what she is doing?

I am also worried about he hair factor as I became terribly allergic to our scotty after my kidney transplant.... I couldnt breathe for about 4 months,,, it was awful,,,, he came down with cancer and had to be put down and then within a month,,, I was back to normal,,, God,, what do I do if I get allergic to Rose??? Are all longish haired dogs highly allergenic?? Is that the right word? Input anyone??:eek: :confused: