PDA

View Full Version : Another update on mizzy

Rio and Me
08-21-2004, 01:29 PM
It's now saterday and he's just come back from the vets, i had them come out out of hrs last night and she gave him a shot a antibiotics and said bring him in for a day tomorrow (today) for fluid theropy because he was dehydrated, he's home now with medicne (for dieharea?sp), he's eating chicken and bolied rice with chicken stock, little and often, and for the first time drank water chicken stock cooled to lukewarm.
he's not out of the woods bye far but he's looking a little better, also he's haveing small amonts of plain live yogurt liitle and often.

Sheeshh this dog's costing me a fortune,lol

and work well i took 3 days off and they went happy at all, i had a argument over the phone with the deo matron, anyway just thought i let you know.
Ky

LorraineO
08-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Well hang in there,, both of you!!! We are thinking good thoughts.......

tatsxxx11
08-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Bless your heart Ky for going the extra mile to treat little Mizzy:) Your vet sounds to really be on top of things! And Mizzy is slowly but surely regaining his appetite and strength! Keep up the good work guys! I'm SO happy to hear the encouraging news. You remain in my thoughts and prayers, Mizzy:)

Rio and Me
08-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Thanks, he's not drinking as well as i would hope but there is still time, he's tucking into, dog meat, chicken and rice well at the moment.
Yougurt in the morning to start the day, with chicken rice and dog meat, hopefully he will drink more in the morning, i've left cold chicken stock out with plain water next to it.
I hope he drinks somthing over night.
updateds tomorrow on the guy
Ky

dogs_4_me
08-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Glad to here Mizzy is getting better! Its good that she has more of an appetite now! Keep us updated!

ComedyDevil
08-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Glad to hear he's doing better. the pups and I are praying for him :)

tatsxxx11
08-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Ky, try mixing in a little chicken broth or water in with the chicken and rice...not soupy, but just a little with each meal:)

Rio and Me
08-22-2004, 05:01 AM
i will try it a bit later, he's had some food now, but he isnt drinking still, last night he did drink some chicken stock but he doesnt want it anymore, i'll try beef stock.

How do you get a dog to drink it's getting frustrating now, and my bro is being really inconsiderate saying if i had my way i would have put him down when he first got sick, For god sake i have just spent my savings £300 on that dog becuase he had no money, i could kill him right now.

buty in the next few days i will saringe him water and if he doenst drink on his own i think it would be best for him, i just wanted to try first.
Ky

LorraineO
08-22-2004, 06:44 AM
how about ice cbes? Even freeze the broth or are you alowed to put just a tint tiny bit of suger in the water and freeze them into cubes? That might entice him to drink.... Fruit juice in small doses so he does suger out on you?

My dog LOVES ice cubes........

anna_66
08-22-2004, 08:48 AM
How is Mizzy doing today? I hope he's still eating and drinking a little.
Saying prayers for this sweet little boy.

tatsxxx11
08-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Thinking of you and Mizzy. How's he doing today? Ky, try to keep your chin up. You're doing a great job and I know how frustrated you must feel, him not drinking and eating as he should. We all know you're going the extra mile for Mizzy:) Did you try adding a little liquid to each meal or the ice cubes? Check in when you can.

Rio and Me
08-24-2004, 05:40 AM
Well it tuesday morning now, he's eating well (not is normall diet), he's having dog meat (i hate to say it Pedigree) he's eating that when ever i put it down, he's having chicken and rice 2x a day, and live yougut once a day, and i'm saringeing him water mixed with glugose powder about 4 -5 times a day (its monts up to about 2 pints a day) is that enough? if not i'll give him more. lucky i'm on my holiday.

he's walking a little better now, still a little wobbly, and his head tilt is still there, he still barks when someone comes and his tail is still wagging so that good.

Please tell me if 2 pints of water is enough per day?
I have tryed ice cubes yet i will try but he's never had them so i'm not sure.
I add glugose water to the meat (i dont mash it in he doesnt like it) and i add glugose water to his rice.

Ky

anna_66
08-24-2004, 07:36 AM
I'm glad to hear he's feeling better:)

And I'm sorry but I don't really know how much water is adequate for him. Maybe asking the vet would be your
best bet.

Hugs and kisses for mizzy

pitc9
08-24-2004, 07:42 AM
I don't know how much water either, I'm sorry!

You sure sound like you are doing a great job!! I think of you and Mizzy often!!!:D

Logan
08-24-2004, 07:50 AM
Ky, I don't know how much water they need, either. But try crushing up ice cubes. He might enjoy it and get the fluids he needs. I will keep him in my prayers. Thank you for taking such good care of him.

tatsxxx11
08-24-2004, 09:07 AM
Glad to hear Mizzy's doing better and eating!!! As for the fluids. How much does he weigh? 2 pints is a quart and that seems like and adequate amt. for a dog Mizzy's size. I hate to admit it, but I don't think I drink more than that amt daily I don't think my girls, 60 lbs-70 lbs., drink more than that per day either but yes, definitely check with your vet! Hugs to you Mizzy! Keep up the good work:)

cloverfdx
08-24-2004, 09:46 AM
It sounds as though you are doing a great job looking after Mizzy, keep it up. :) I am so glad to hear he is feeling a little better. I too am unsure about the water question, but i am sure your Vet would be able to help you out.

Please continue to keep us updated.

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-24-2004, 10:21 AM
It's good to hear that Mizzy is doing better. Keep getting well, Mizzy!