PDA

View Full Version : What would happen to your pets?

pitc9
08-21-2004, 10:10 AM
I saw this posted in Cat General, so I thought I'd do it here...

If I were to die tomorrow... Rick (my hubby) would keep Sierra, but Buddy.... I don't know what he would do with him. Buddy is still VERY fearful of Rick.
Rick can't even put a leash on him!! :eek:

But I have friends that would find Buddy a home. But I really don't think Buddy would be happy without me!:(

Samantha Puppy
08-21-2004, 10:15 AM
If I were to die tomorrow, depending on what would happen with my husband Josh, how he handled it and where he decided to go, Samantha would either stay with him OR go live with my parents. Either way, I know she'd be well cared for, so I'm not worried.

catnapper
08-21-2004, 10:46 AM
I actually do have people who'd fight over Nicki. My first choice would be that she returns to my mom, but my SIL just adores her, as doe my neighbor. Any of those three, and I'd be happy to know she'd be perfectly loved and cared for.

DogLover9501
08-21-2004, 10:49 AM
Im 50000000% sure my parents would take care of Jasper, and great care of him too!

However, if my mom died, Piddle would die also, he really does fret when she goes out

Kfamr
08-21-2004, 10:55 AM
I think there'd be a large argument between everyone in my family. They all love my dogs (minus a few family member dog-haters :mad: But even one of the 'dog haters' LOVES Simba)

I really don't know... if my parents are still alive, they'd definitely take them.

I think all three would go insane without me around, though.

chocolatepuppy
08-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Hubby would keep all four if something happened to me (he might give away the fish!) If we both died family would take them although dogs and cats might not go together. I sure wouldn't want the dogs separated from each other,same with cats. I wouldn't expect anyone to take all four especially if they already have a pet or two. My husband's family are major cat haters as was my husband until I got mine.I think they're afraid of cats! ;)

sabies
08-21-2004, 12:17 PM
My fiance would care for Sadie, next in line I guess my sister since her son wants a dog real bad and loves Sadie. Problem is he is young and Sadie is old and not up for his rough play. Sadie would certainly not be as spoiled with me not around so it just can't happen.

anna_66
08-21-2004, 12:34 PM
This is what we have.
It gives a certain person/people permission to make any & all pet care decisions for our pets in the event that we become unable to care for our pets in the event of our deaths.
We had it signed by a notary Public (you should have seen the looks we got:rolleyes: )
So our dogs will be taken care of if anything were to happen to us.

Good thing to bring this up Angie, we need to be prepared. After all they are our children:D

KYS
08-21-2004, 12:39 PM
anna: We had it signed by a notary Public (you should have seen the looks we got:rolleyes: )>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anna, that is a great and important decision you made.

I also have my dogs written in my will.
I left a certain amount of money
set aside for care and food too.

ParNone
08-21-2004, 01:35 PM
I've been thinking about this the last few months. I never worried about it with Murph and Maddie so much, but now that I'm older and I've got 2 young dogs, the probability goes up that they could outlive me.

I wanted Idgie's mom to take Oz if anything happened to me, but Idgie doesn't like any other dogs, so she really thought it wouldn't work. Last couple of vacations though, her mind's been changed, because Oz got the Idgie seal of approval. Oz loves both of them too. So I thought that decision was made. Then recently, I was talking to my Mom about taking Murph if anything happened, which she agreed to, but she was unbelievably upset to find out Oz was going somewhere else. Now, my Mom is not really a dog person, but Murph is so well behaved and does more sleeping than anything else now, that they'd be perfect for each other. She's taken care of him and loves him too. She also loves Oz and Oz thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread, but Oz is young and active and I know he'd be happier with my friend and Idgie.

I never realized how upset my Mom would be over this though, so I think I'm going to have to make up a will. My friend's afraid she's gonna have a custody battle over Oz. Wouldn't that make a great movie of the week. :)

I'm not sure about Gull yet. I'd love for him to go with Oz, but Idgie might not get along with him. He's a lot more bold then Oz. Eventually we'll have them meet up and if they don't get along, I've got another friend, who I know could give Gull a great home.

Par....

chrissycat21
08-21-2004, 02:12 PM
If I died Snowy would live with my parents and my sister. If they were un able to care for her, my grandparents fell in love with her and adore her to death. So they would be next in line for that.

But I better not die any time soon! lol

BitsyNaceyDog
08-21-2004, 09:42 PM
If I died Justin would keep most of the animals and my best friend would take my birds and chinchillas and wyatt. If we both died my friend would take them all and keep what she could and find homes for the rest. I trust her completely and know she would take the best possible care of my babies. My friend and I have discussed this many times and if she and her husband were to die I would take responsibility for her animals.

dappledoxie
08-22-2004, 12:02 PM
If something was to happen to me Shannon my bf already knows that he is responsible for taking care of the dogs, he loves them.

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-22-2004, 01:50 PM
If something were to happen to Andrew and I, my brother would take care of him. We have a part in our will that clearly states that and instructs for all the money in a certain account to go for carring for him. We have a "Drake" fund to cover all his vet bill, food, and other care expenses. When we wrote out our wills, we discussed Drake with the famil and they were all fighting over who would take care of him.

Glacier
08-22-2004, 04:42 PM
If one of us dies, the other keeps everyone. Should we both die at the same time, we have provided for the animals in our will. The house gets left to a relative, currenlty designated as my father-in-law, and there is money designated from our life insurance to ensure their care in the style they are accustomed to for the rest of their natural lives.

kingrattus
08-22-2004, 05:02 PM
If I was to die tomorrow, my fish would have a home no problem. Rob's dad loves & has the know how to care for the big guys,

The turtle would prob. go to a zoo of some sort. No one I know can handle him or feed him without loosing a finger of 2

Smilla
08-23-2004, 08:11 AM
If Jeff survived, of course, he'd keep Lefty. But if we both went, no clue. :( There's no family nearby.