PDA

View Full Version : I need to share with you

gini
05-14-2001, 06:14 PM
Today I lost my beloved Patches, my sixteen year old female Calico. It is as though this GIANT personality is gone from my life. I was rarely able to sit at this computer without her on my lap. She was the most vocal, most expressive cat I have ever known. So please everyone, give your furkids and extra kiss today because when you lose them, it is devastating. She was dearly loved and was an unusually loyal cat.
We miss her terribly.

Gini and Rascal

------------------

kgeorge
05-14-2001, 06:35 PM
I am really sorry to hear about your loss, I started crying when I read it, just thinking about my baby. Even though I know your baby went over the Rainbow Bridge and is in a good place the loss is devasting, my prayers will be with you and your baby.

Pam
05-14-2001, 06:37 PM
Gini I am so sorry to read this. I have lost several pets myself and it is just awful. People who don't have pets just don't understand that it is definitely like losing a family member. There is such an empty space left. You had a lot of years with Patches and I know the memories will at times give you joy but also make you cry. Please know that your many friends at Pet Talk are sharing your loss with you. This is so hard to go through.

sammi
05-14-2001, 07:02 PM
Gini, So sorry to hear that your long time friend Patches, passed away. I also have lost several pets and it hurts. We are all thinking about you tonight and your pain.

nsweezie
05-14-2001, 07:02 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. You have come to the right place though, everyone here understands your pain, and will be thinking of you.

4 feline house
05-14-2001, 07:19 PM
Gini-my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight. Even when your pet is getting old, and may even be ill, you are never prepared when they take their last breath. I hope her passing was gentle and pain free. If any comfort can be derived from such a terrible experience, it will be found here. My four will get special "Patches" sugars tonight.

gini
05-14-2001, 07:41 PM
Thank you all for your warm, kind thoughts and prayers. I have been a total mess all day. It was especially hard this evening as I came into the house from my outdoor office. Patches would never come into the house on her own - she had to be carried.
I entered the house empty handed. You have no idea how much your replies mean to me.
Love to all of you.

Logan
05-14-2001, 07:58 PM
Gini,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Patches. These things are always hard. When you want to talk about what happened, you should just open up to us as a group, or individually. We're here for you...everyone of us will go through this eventually, or have already been through it.

Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. One comfort is that your precious Patches is at the Rainbow Bridge with all those who have gone before.

We love you too, and support you.
Logan

yorkster
05-14-2001, 08:32 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. I understand how you feel, as I lost my 12 yr. old female last year to kidney cancer. I am sure you gave your special Patches lots of wonderful years, just as she gave you.

Gina
05-14-2001, 09:27 PM
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif Poor you. I've written this post, and deleted a number of times, and now I've even edited this one. The words don't fit. All I can say is I feel for you. I think in one way Patches didn't really leave; her Spirit will always be with you, and when you remember her, you'll be calling her in your mind....and she will come. You will realise that she infact is always there, waiting for you to call/ remember.

Weird? yes, maybe, no comfort? maybe not now....but soon. (((hugs to you and yours)))

Gina >^..^< !

[This message has been edited by Gina (edited May 14, 2001).]

tatsxxx11
05-14-2001, 09:29 PM
Dear Gini. I am so, so sorry to hear that you have lost your beautiful Patches. I lost my precious "senior" Lizzie at Christmas time. It is so terribly painful. So many of us here know the deep sadness and feeling of emptiness you are feeling. And although we cannot be with you physically, please know we are with in you spirit. I wish I could give you the warmest, strongest hug. Please stay with us during this difficult time. We are all here for you, OK? My heart aches for you. My Mr. B is sitting on my lap as I write. He will get extra kisses and hugs tonight. You and Patches are in my prayers tonight. Love, Sandra

Karen
05-14-2001, 09:32 PM
It is so hard to lose a pet, it is like a portion of you life is suddenly missing, but we all know that Patches isn't really gone, is she? She is curled up, purring, as she sleeps tucked into a small, cat-sized spot in your heart. And in your heart, and in all your loving, silly, serious and just everyday memories of her, she will live on and on.

Know, too, that she is certainly playing at the Rainbow Bridge with my elderly friend Eudora's beloved Spunky, another venerable calico who passed away a little while ago.

pam_pesto
05-15-2001, 05:14 AM
Although I have not lost any pets since very young, I live in constant fear in it. I think that one of the worst parts will be that others won't take it as seriously as if I had lost a daughter or something, but I think I will be just as devastated if I lose little Pest! I will want to take time off work and so on, but I don't think that the "rest of the world" sees it as something important enough to make concessions for, so we can grieve our loss. Well it is darn it! I'm not having human babies, so Pesto and the others I have in the future will BE my babies!
Gini, I completely understand how you feel. I'm sorry.

------------------
Personal servant for Pesto
http://www.angelfire.com/80s/pestoswitzer/main.html
http://www.angelfire.com/pq/coolcatclub/main.html

felixowner
05-15-2001, 08:43 AM
i am so sorry for your loss. pets are especially hard to lose because their love is unconditional. i cried for almost a year after i lost halley, he was the most constant thing in my life for the 15 years i had him. i wish you the best in coping and support.
jennie

Gio
05-15-2001, 09:17 AM
My thoughts are with you Gini.

I also know how hard it is to lose someone you love dearly. When I lost my Titti, who was 18 at the time, I thought that an important component of my life was taken away from me.

margaret
05-15-2001, 09:59 AM
Oh Gini, I'm so sorry about Patches the calico. It must be very difficult and I know you have a great ache in your heart because you miss Patches SO much. We are all thinking of you, and thinking of Patches. I'm glad both of you experienced the joy of each other's love and company. To have known such love truly makes life special and wonderful. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

------------------
~Margaret

cprince
05-15-2001, 10:56 AM
Gini, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

thelmalu99
05-16-2001, 09:57 AM
Gini,
I'm so sorry to hear about Patches. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Thelma
Charlie kitty
and Yertle the turtle

gini
05-16-2001, 10:15 AM
I cannot tell you how grateful I am to have so many wonderful responses from all of you. I just posted a permanent tribue to Patches on the site In-Memory-of-Pets.com and I sat here sobbing. Rascal and I miss Patches terribly. Sweet Rascal is doing his darndest to fill in the void - trying to sit on my lap in her place. But at 15 pounds it is like having a huge glob of dough on your lap. I am so grateful he wandered into the yard and selected my home as his own. Patches was so vocal and loving that the void is just huge.

Again thank you all for the love, support and prayers.

------------------

Maylo
05-30-2001, 06:15 PM
Gini,
A little late maybe....
Sorry to hear about Patches.. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif..I can really feel you pain...My cat passed a little after she was one year old because of a horrible car accident.....
Prayers and Hopes to you...............
Hope your frown fades into this.. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif..

------------------
~Maylo~

gini
05-30-2001, 08:29 PM
Maylo, I am so sorry to hear that you lost a beloved pet too. It is difficult no matter how young or old they are. I guess if we are to experience the full measure of life - we will know the joy and love of a pet while they are with us and the pain and sorrow when they are gone.

Patches was a difficult cat. She peed on everything in the house - was a very picky eater - and demanding. But when she chose to be - she was the dearest, most loving cat and was so loyal. I will always miss her.

I send you my prayers as well, and hope that when the time is right you will adopt or rescue another kitty to share your life.

AmberLee
05-30-2001, 09:54 PM
{{{Gini and Rascal}}}

So sorry to hear of the loss of your fur-baby. Holding you in a cyber-hug {} and in my thoughts and prayers. I'm very new to this forum, but feel for you in your loss.

Amber, Cassy and Livvy

Mousgroupy
05-31-2001, 12:33 PM
Oh Gini, I am so sorry. I am struck by the thought , after reading the other posts, of how universal this pain is. I hope there is a little comfort found in that. As I sit here crying for someone I have never met, know that you are in my thoughts today. This is corny corny corny, but I do like the line from the Garth Brooks song that says "I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance". And the dance is what makes our lives worth while. Yea for you for being loving person. Your life is so much richer for it.

Catcrazed
05-31-2001, 09:04 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif I bet you reall y miss your kitty. Hang in there.

Mousgroupy
06-02-2001, 12:21 AM
Gini, On a lighter note, when I told my family that I actually quoted a Garth Brooks song in an effort to comfort you, they were horrified. I cannot tell you the aggravation I am enduring after telling them
about what I wrote to you. My heart was in the right place! But they are teasing me unmercifully!

Pam
06-02-2001, 08:13 AM
Mousgroupy...I think that is a wonderful line from a wonderful song and so true! After the death of our last dog, my husband said "no more dogs...I can't stand the grief when they die." That is part of the "package" when we bring a pet into our lives, though, isn't it? Unfortunately they don't live as long as we do, but the joy they give in their short lives is well worth the pain. Don't worry, we know your heart is in the right place. And, yes, we have another dog!! Our precious Bella (now 5 months old) came to live with us 3 months ago. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Rottieluver45
06-02-2001, 10:37 AM
Gini i feel so bad for you i just lost a beloved pet too. I just wanted to say we`re here for you! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

gini
06-02-2001, 11:07 AM
Mousgroupy, believe me, I wasn't offended in any way. I think what I got from you is a large dose of sensitivity that I deeply appreciated. I cannot imagine life without pets. And losing them is so difficult, but having had 16 years with Patches was a joy.

Two years ago, I had three cats, now Mr. Rascal is the only current reigning Monarch. It was so much fun watching them tumble over each other to get to the food dishes first - or seeing them hide behind doors to pounce out at each other. By the end of August my life will settle down (no travel plans, no more company) and I can spend time finding some "friends" for Rascal before he gets too used to being First Cat.

It saddened me this week as I watched him put his front paws on the chair in the office looking for Patches, and then look
under the desk where she liked to sleep. And we think they don't know! However, talking to him about Patches has helped me and I hope him, get through this loss. He used to demand to go outside as he was a stray rescue. Now, he prefers to be indoors with me wherever I am. So who is comforting who?

I am happy we can all talk about this, because even though they will always be curled up in your heart - you sure miss them being on your lap!! Sharing tuna breath!

------------------

Cougie Wechsler
06-02-2001, 11:56 AM
Thank you for sharing Patches life with us and my deepest sympathies over yours and Rascal's loss. I hope that the happy memories will start to flood soon and take away some of the pain of losing her. I have complete faith that we will see our beloved pets again. Again, I am sorry!

"God made the wild animals according to their kinds...And God saw that it was good" Genesis 1:25