PDA

View Full Version : *PLEASE HELP!* Shelters destroyed by Hurricane

Kfamr
08-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Hello everyone.

As most of you know, a little bit south of where I live was hit by horrible Hurricane Charley. Their shelter rooves were blown of and their volunteers/workers houses were destroyed.

The Humane Society of Pinellas took in 50 cats and 27 dogs.

I'm going to go to go shopping to buy some things to donate. I thought i'd post here seeing if anyone would either like to send things to my house, so I can drop it off at the shelter, or send it directly to the shelter.

Here's a list of things they REALLY need.. (The announcments at school said so)

IAMS Dog & Cat Food
Cat Litter
Bleach
Paper
Paper Towels

Here's a full list as well as contact info:
List-
http://hsnp.org/creature.cfm
Contact-
http://hsnp.org/contact.cfm

If anyone wishes to send supplies to me to drop off at the Shelter, please PM me! Thanks.

*EDIT*
I just called the Humane Society. They say to make checks

Payable to: HSP (Or Humane Society of Pinellas)
Memo: Hurricane Charley Relief

Karen, I apologize for posting this in each general section, but i'd really like to help the shelter out and get the word out. If possible, please do not delete any.

Kfamr
08-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Bump :(

tatsxxx11
08-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Just posted on this...in General? Hope more people see it Kay!

LorraineO
08-20-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Bump :(

Ok,, am I dumb,,, but what does BUMP mean??

Great idea for the shelter!!!

Kfamr
08-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by LorraineO
Ok,, am I dumb,,, but what does BUMP mean??

Great idea for the shelter!!!

To bump it up to the top of the page. All of them were almost to page two. I guess not many people want to help out. I thought alot would. :(

LorraineO
08-20-2004, 05:32 PM
ahhhh,,, thanks!! Now I get it,,,,

Aspen and Misty
08-20-2004, 05:33 PM
I would love to help out, but at this moment I can not say if I can or can not. I need to wait for my dad to come home.

Once he comes home I had planned on responding to this thread, but I figured I'd let you know I'm thinking about it.

I also will send this on to some people I know who love dog's and would be willing to donate to the shelter.

Ashley

Toller 42
08-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Kay, I would love to help but it would take days to get to Florida from here. Sorry:(