PDA

View Full Version : *PLEASE HELP!* Shelters destroyed by Hurricane

Kfamr
08-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Hello everyone.

As most of you know, a little bit south of where I live was hit by horrible Hurricane Charley. Their shelter rooves were blown of and their volunteers/workers houses were destroyed.

The Humane Society of Pinellas took in 50 cats and 27 dogs.

I'm going to go to go shopping to buy some things to donate. I thought i'd post here seeing if anyone would either like to send things to my house, so I can drop it off at the shelter, or send it directly to the shelter.

Here's a list of things they REALLY need.. (The announcments at school said so)

IAMS Dog & Cat Food
Cat Litter
Bleach
Paper
Paper Towels

Here's a full list as well as contact info:
List-
http://hsnp.org/creature.cfm
Contact-
http://hsnp.org/contact.cfm

If anyone wishes to send supplies to me to drop off at the Shelter, please PM me! Thanks.

*EDIT*
I just called the Humane Society. They say to make checks

Payable to: HSP (Or Humane Society of Pinellas)
Memo: Hurricane Charley Relief

Karen, I apologize for posting this in each general section, but i'd really like to help the shelter out and get the word out. If possible, please do not delete any.

Aspen and Misty
08-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Just wanted to bump this up for everyone to see!

Kfamr
08-20-2004, 05:04 PM
I just called the Humane Society. They say to make checks payable to: HSP and in the memo: Hurricane Charley Relief.

tatsxxx11
08-20-2004, 05:12 PM
I think that's what I'm going to do, Kay, send a check. The cause would lose needed funds, paying to ship the supplies to you to bring to them. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I also received an email from the Humane Society regarding the great need:(

HollandLoppy89
08-20-2004, 05:53 PM
I wish I could help! I just got back from Florida, I went there for vacation without knowing about Bonnie or Charley! With great relief, It past right by us both times. We were in destin, and it hit Southern Florida. I'm soooo sorry!!!
Best Wishes,
-*Melissa*-

aly
08-20-2004, 06:01 PM
I talked with my shelter director here, and we are going to get together a HUGE bundle of things to send. We have a TON of Iams food donations that we can send because we don't' feed Iams at the shelter. We can also spare some beds and toys.

Kfamr
08-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Thanks Aly! :D

dogs_4_me
08-20-2004, 06:26 PM
I have an extra dog kennel, and cat kennel. Do you think they would need that kind of stuff. I am not sure if they use kennels. If not I will just right a check

Kfamr
08-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by dogs_4_me
I have an extra dog kennel, and cat kennel. Do you think they would need that kind of stuff. I am not sure if they use kennels. If not I will just right a check

They could probably use those, but it would be a little costly to ship, wouldn't it?

Whichever you chose i'm sure they'd greatly appreciate it!

CamCamPup33
08-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by bite_me
who would ever be stupid enough to waist money and time for dogs....???:mad:

Umm.. Huh??

Kay, i'm going to ask my mom if i can send some stuff. I'll let you know, what she says.