PDA

View Full Version : DogWatch Systems (invisible fence)

Smilla
08-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone used/heard of this company? They're a competitor for Invisible Fence.

http://www.dogwatch.com/

Thanks,

S

tatsxxx11
08-20-2004, 02:36 PM
No, never have Simila. Are you thinking of getting one installed?

Smilla
08-24-2004, 10:21 AM
Casually thinking about it--I'd need a lot more info first. The lead we use works well enough, but sometimes I think it would be nice to let Lefty have more of the yard to play in.

tatsxxx11
08-24-2004, 03:02 PM
They can be great. But the caution we give to our adopters is this...

Remember that a large or strong willed or highly motivated pup can "bite the bullet" and bear the pain of the zap and break through. And once they are zapped, they are often fearful of coming back onto the property the same way. Also, it doesn't prevent other dogs, critters from entering your yard! We usually suggest that it be used with supervision, i.e. when you are out in the yard with your dog and we suggest they never leave them outdoors unattended for a prolonged period of time. Just some things you might want to consider and ask the installer about:)

Smilla
08-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the reminder--I knew there was a chance he could break through, but I didn't consider that that would make him fearful of coming back. Knowing how he is with squirrels and cats, that could definitely be a problem.

Thanks!