PDA

View Full Version : greeting cards.

rpcathouse
08-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Last spring I set out to make greeting cards and sell them at cat show to help the rescue groups in our area. I took the best of the pictures ( and was that hard to pick, but had help) and made greeting note cards. I tied them together and made packs of 10 cards each. I paid for the ink and the card stock was donated by a couple of printing companies. Then sold them. The cost was $6.00 for 10. They sold out in a couple of weeks, I sold them at work, and friends, ect. Most gave over the $6.oo price, usually $10.00. All the money from the sale went to the shelter. I ended up donating to the rescue shelter over $500.00. It wasn't alot of money but it did help. Had to stop because printer died and had to borrow some ones to finish printing the cards. Thank you all for sent pictures. I am going to try and repeat this next year again. If funding (tax return money) and time will allow me to do so. So thank you, thank you, thank you for your wonderful pictures and captions. People were more willing to help when they got something in return.

Sincerely,
Stella

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Congratulations, Stella! I'm sure that $500.00 was a godsend to the shelter. :)

catlover4ever
08-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Good work Stella. If you have the funds and decide to do it again you can feel free to PM and I will send you the links to Tigger, Smokey, Mystic, Tucker and Abner's albums..and you can use any of the photos I have in there. --- Meg

catnapper
08-20-2004, 12:25 PM
YAY! What a great job - you should feel very proud of yourself!

Laura's Babies
08-20-2004, 12:56 PM
I remember that you were doing that and glad to hear that it went so well, I think it is fantastic!! GOOD JOB!!!

kimlovescats
08-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Yes, great job. You can use some of my pics as well! ;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-20-2004, 01:43 PM
What a great idea!! Thanks for taking the time to help such a wonderful cause!

Barbara
08-20-2004, 01:58 PM
If you want some of Filou and Tigris I'll be happy to mail you the big ones as I only have them in web size in my online albums:)

Randi
08-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Great work! :D You're also welcome to use any of Fister. :)

rg_girlca
08-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Wow Stella, that is awesome.
Congratulations on a job well done and I would be honored to help you again with this well worth cause.

catmandu
08-21-2004, 08:44 AM
I can send you,some good ones,of JJJ#,Moose The Magnificent,and The Siamese Squad,they would love,to be a help,to the Poor Lost Cats,and help them,to become Found Cats,TOO! Just PM me,your address!