PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat have a good "body image"?

sirrahbed
08-20-2004, 09:17 AM
:D This is hubby's idea but I can't get him to post and it is really pretty funny! You know that picture advertisement where the little kitten looks in the mirror and sees and big roaring lion?? Good body image right?

Well, Dylan seems to think he a is a lean and graceful montain lion! Omegosh is he funny. He does things like attempt to leap from the bed to the monitor and ends up sliding off, knocking half the desk items to a heap on the floor - but carries on as if this was his intention all along.

Another example...the closet door will be open - maybe 2-3 inches - and he will try to squeeze himself in:eek: Then, loving boxes as all cats do, he tries to stuff his plush 18 pound body into boxes that would not even hold 8 poun Eliot and ends up splitting them wide open!! Does this boy *really* think he is a small kitten or something???:p

We can't help but double over in laughter at the stunts he continues to pull. He will also *sit* on a window ledge that is only about 3 inches wide as he continually slides off, but he never seems to notice that he simply does NOT fit!!

So, do any of your cats have such positive self esteem as out plush and fluffy boy Dylan??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Yes, Tubby thinks he is still a svelte 2 year old, although slow but sure it's sinking in that he can't get to the places he used to be able to. When we're sitting on the couch, he tries to walk past us, right on the edge with 1/2" to spare for him to walk on. He has slipped a few times, and lately it seems he'll sit and look at us until we move a little so he has a little more room to slip by. ;) :D The good thing with Tubby is that he learns quick. :D

Laura's Babies
08-20-2004, 10:19 AM
It took Chester forever to learn that he was to big to do the things he use to do as a kitten. He had to learn the hard way that to hang himself off of a chair or table that his weight would pull him all the way down and he would fall. He don't try to sit on my laptop keyboard anymore (when I have it out) since he is SO big now and that was his favorite kitten thing to do, sit on the keyboard and play with the curser as it moved. He has been terriably dissapointed that he can't do the things he use to do but he has adjusted well.....he STILL forgets now and then how big he is and it always makes for some good laughs.

jazzcat
08-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Scout is a runty, rolly polly little stubby thing - yes I know that sounds mean but it's true - anyway, she thinks she is some big tough lion who patrols the use of the scratching posts and food bowls. It's so funny to see this 7 pound little cat (who should probably weigh only 5 pounds) boss 19 pound Ripley around.

Denyce
08-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Yes....Deirdre walks about like a cheetah...with that long, loose limbed head kinda down walk. Her shoulder blades really stick up when she does this...we call her our Deirdre of the PA Serengeti.

catmandu
08-21-2004, 08:52 AM
I am sure that the Found Cats,think that they are the Very Pictures of Feline Perfection!Even Moose The Magnificent,who,is always being aked of,when are the Babies due!!!

rosethecopycat
08-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Snowy doesn't know how big he is.

Bella is quite pleased with herself and sits there wanting everyone to look at her. I see it in her ear position.

catnapper
08-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Yes, Allen seems to thnk he is a sleek and graceful cat. Last week, we were sound asleep, and are awakened to CRASH, THUD, FLEE... I turn on the lights to see what on earth happened, Apparently, Allen was trying to balance on top of the clock radio (which is balancing on top the VCR) in order to get a fly at the corner of the ceiling. :rolleyes:

He deos things like that all the time. You should see the leaps he tried to make!

It seems as if the orangies have this attitude more than others?