PDA

View Full Version : Almost got a new kitten!

chrangharris
08-20-2004, 07:34 AM
I was telling my wonderful hubby about the kittens kimlovescats just rescued and how Mom is adopting two of them. I also casually mentioned that we were going to take one of them and we had to start thinking of a name. I had him totally convinced we were going to take one- he was not pleased but resigned to that fact that he would have one more cat to scoop up after (he does the kitty box because I was pregnant :D ). I finally told him that we weren't and then asked him if we could- I got a great big huge "NO". It seems my darling hubby thinks 3 cats, 1 dog and a baby is enough to keep up with. Oh well, he is probably right:rolleyes: Sorry Kim, I tried to take one for you!

Laura's Babies
08-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Sometimes, when you plant a seed, it takes root and grows! Maybe all is not lost YET! ?????????

sirrahbed
08-20-2004, 08:12 AM
That's funny Chris! Your MOM called me last night, trying to decide which one SHE wanted too. We even went all through the pictures, etc:D Good sense finally won over and she decided otherwise. This is pretty funny!! Everyone gets the kitten urge.

catmandu
08-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Actaually,if you acted,as thogh the Kitten Adoption,was a Fete Acompli,that Kitten would already,have a New Furr Ever Home!After All,what one more?

chrangharris
08-20-2004, 09:32 AM
I should have just continue on like I had already said we were getting the kitten. I would have just felt so guilty- like I deceived him or something!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Gee, wouldn't that be something if the "sirrah" gang ended up adopting all 7? :eek: ;) :D

jazzcat
08-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Chris - I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to convince my husband that we need one of Kim's kittens but he says three cats, a dog and my aging father is enough for me to handle.:(

sirrahved
08-20-2004, 01:20 PM
You think we could mail a kitty to Japan for Missy? What a surprise that would be!

kimlovescats
08-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by chrangharris
I was telling my wonderful hubby about the kittens kimlovescats just rescued and how Mom is adopting two of them. I also casually mentioned that we were going to take one of them and we had to start thinking of a name. I had him totally convinced we were going to take one- he was not pleased but resigned to that fact that he would have one more cat to scoop up after (he does the kitty box because I was pregnant :D ). I finally told him that we weren't and then asked him if we could- I got a great big huge "NO". It seems my darling hubby thinks 3 cats, 1 dog and a baby is enough to keep up with. Oh well, he is probably right:rolleyes: Sorry Kim, I tried to take one for you!

Well, maybe between then and now, he will change his mind? :eek: :D

chrangharris
08-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved
You think we could mail a kitty to Japan for Missy? What a surprise that would be!

That would be a surprise! I don't know how the poor kitty would do on the trip!

chrangharris
08-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Well, maybe between then and now, he will change his mind? :eek: :D

I'll talk to him some more- we'll see what happens! Don't hold your breath- my lovely honey can be terribly stubborn sometimes! Besides, Deb took the only tuxedo kitty and Bryan is terribly fond of them.

Sirrahsim
08-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved

I think that the people at the post office might get suspicious when they heard the yowling;) :D Though I would so looooooove another furrball:) it's all for the best really, seeing as we're not even allowed to have Boomer;) ;)

It would be so neat if you could adopt another kitten :) Though I don't think my stubborn brother will ever go for that:D :D

catnapper
08-20-2004, 06:08 PM
*giggle* I love that story! Thats somewhat like how we got Pouncer. We saw kittens at Peco and called to ask if we could get one. He said no. Then asked me later what color kiten we'd got. I said, "none since you said no." He said "I assumed you'd just get one anyway." So we did. :D