PDA

View Full Version : Gracie & Gabriel's Seeing Eye Dog!!

QueenScoopalot
08-19-2004, 10:56 PM
Spencer our rather Ummm, large puppy loves the babies! After all he was so good to give up his crate for this mom and her family.:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/GabrielandSpencer.jpg

Spencer and Gabriel..Geee this baby smells so good! :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/SpencerTheSeeingEyeDog.jpg

Too many to keep track of, poor Spencer! They want to just go! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/GracieGabrielandSpencer.jpg

He's such a kitten loving dog...and Gracie & Gabriel were very interested in him too! :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/SpencerAndTheBabies.jpg

What is it with dogs and kitty bums? :confused: :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/YouSmellGood.jpg

Hi There! Don't be scared..my name's Spencer and I'll be your seeing eye dog! :)

jazzcat
08-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Aww, what a good boy Spencer is to offer his services.

I guess living in your house he used to kittens galore. Cute pictures.

rg_girlca
08-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Oh Jan, those pictures are just too darn adorable.
How cute is that!

....................................VERY CUTE........................................

jenluckenbach
08-20-2004, 05:58 AM
SWEET! :D

catlover4ever
08-20-2004, 07:26 AM
Spencer, I want to say "Thank you so much" for taking such wonderful care of Gracie and Gabriel. You are doing such a wonderful job looking after them like you do.

anna_66
08-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Ohhh how sweet of Spencer to offer his services!

sirrahbed
08-20-2004, 08:16 AM
I absolutely LOVE to see a big ole dog being sweet and gentle with little kittens and these pictures are so EXTRA cute because those babies are Gracie and Gabriel! Spencer makes a wonderful Uncle:D (or seeing eye dog!) Guardian Angel??

Laura's Babies
08-20-2004, 08:21 AM
They look like minature Magoo's! Lisa, have you ever wondered what Magoo looked like as a baby? Here you go!!

Isn't it amazing how gentle those big dogs can be with a iddy biddy kitten, it sure touches your heart with a big smile. Those pictures are priceless!!

catmandu
08-20-2004, 08:23 AM
That is a good,and gentle Dog,and the Kittens could not have asked,for a better Companion!

trayi52
08-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Spencer is very good with those sweet babies! I think those are such precious pictures!

Its funny, but their tails even look a lot like Magoos! Gabriel and Gracie are just as cute as can be!

Meg, you got yourself some really cute younguns!

Jan, Spencer is really sweet, the way he is looking out for ALL those babies!

Great pictures!

Willie:)

dukedogsmom
08-20-2004, 08:51 AM
So precious! You should have put them in the dog side as well. I really didn't even know you had dogs, much less more than one. Would love to see more of them and the kitties. I want a cat again but it's not the right time.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-20-2004, 09:12 AM
How adorable!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2004, 09:45 AM
Aawwwww....that's so sweet! :D

QueenScoopalot
08-20-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
So precious! You should have put them in the dog side as well. I really didn't even know you had dogs, much less more than one. Would love to see more of them and the kitties. I want a cat again but it's not the right time.

DDM, I did put them on the dog side too! Cover all bases in one swell foop! :D After posting Spencer's camping picture, and Greta's picture the dog side started that infernal WHINING! LOL!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

leslie
08-21-2004, 07:18 PM
between mom, spencer, and greta, (and of course Jan) the angels Gabriel and Gracie will indeed be very clean! And socialized to anything that comes their way!

kimlovescats
08-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Oh these pictures just make me have goosebumps! Those tiny wee ones, Gracie and Gabriel are just too precious ... and they seem to be getting around just fine!!!:D Spencer is a beautiful doggie and what a great big brother!;) :D

Meg ... how soon do you get to pick up Gracie and Gabriel? I know you are just about to bust with excitement!!!:eek: :D

leslie
08-21-2004, 09:53 PM
I don't think catcrazylady is even aware of the pics here and on dog general! She should enjoy! after all, it's her fault we love the blind ones (and others- oh magoo- you made us esp. sensitive!)

catcrazylady
08-22-2004, 07:10 AM
OMG!! I don't know how I missed this!

How precious is that? such a big dog with a HUGE heart to match! Grace and Gabriel are very lucky babies in their current home and in the wonderful home to come! They sure are little Angels and Spencer is a Big Angel!

leslie
08-22-2004, 08:28 PM
wait till you have a chance (one day I am sure!) to see Spencer and Greta do kitten potty duties after jan does the nursing! They think it's candy and the babies think it's an overly zealous mama! So glad you saw the pics! What do you think? Better to be born blind or blind later? What do humans say? I know deaf people but not blind!

catcrazylady
08-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Leslie this is just my opinion but I think it is better for them to be born blind. They will never know any different and won't have to overcome the same obsticles that a sighted cat who goes blind would. I think, as I said that would just be my opinion. Then again, how sad to think that they will never see a bird or squirrel and get excited but on the other hand they can feel the breeze and smell the wonderful smells and feel all the love they are recieving. It sure beats being PTS by some uneducated goofball! Their senses are so much stronger than ours anyway.
I think they are incredible and I can't wait to watch as the two of them grow up together. I'm so glad that these two will never know the sorrow that Magoo has known. They will never be tossed aside and they will always be loved. They will blossom and amaze us all I'm sure!!:D

QueenScoopalot
08-22-2004, 08:50 PM
I agree Lisa that it's better to be born blind already. Magoo was obviously cared for by someone at some point in order to have had one eye already removed surgically (correct me if I'm wrong on that), and he was a full fledged male when his other eye was affected. And who knows how long he wandered in that condition? :confused: I know without a doubt that there were angels looking out for this trio! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/engel/angel-smiley-008.gif

leslie
08-22-2004, 08:54 PM
but isn't it nice for a cat to imagine a chair before he figures it out? or the configuration of a bird so he can enjoy the smell of the hunt like any indoor cat? I don't know..

catcrazylady
08-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Leslie I'm only guessing but I just think you can't miss something you've never had. I haven't the slightest clue what it is like to ski down a mountain or skydive out of a plane so I don't miss these things at all. Now if I had done those things and I physically couldn't now I might really miss it and be sad that I couldn't do it anymore. I guess that is how I'm looking at it.

Jan,
The shelter vet said, and I quote..."It looks like his eye was probably surgically removed before...Please dear God let that be the way it happened" That is what she said so I guess we can't imagine any other way because it would be too horrible to think he was out and injured in some way and lost his eye without anyone to help him. He seems people friendly though and I think he was loved at one time. Maybe an elderly person had him and passed away and he just got thrown out. I don't know and I guess we never will. I'm probably better off not knowing!!

auggie
08-22-2004, 09:05 PM
These pictures are too cute!
Spencer is such a sweet dog taking care of these little ones.
It is so heartwarming how much love these lucky little kittens getting.

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2004, 11:53 AM
These are just the sweetest pictures. :D

Tonya
08-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Spencer, you are the sweetest seeing eye dog ever!