PDA

View Full Version : Here kitty kitty

LabLover
11-18-2000, 07:34 PM
I have a cat named Elvis. He is soooooo cute I love him sooooo much. he is very smart. He is an inside/outside cat and if I want him to come in he comes when I whistle. He is very fortunate because I adopted him fom a pound. He was an older cat when i got him and not many people adopt older cats. the reason I named him Elvis is because sometimes he lifts one of his upper lips. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

4 feline house
11-18-2000, 08:57 PM
Isn't that funny? One of my passed cats used to lift one upper lip, but he never reminded me of Elvis! I used to call it "snarling" even though he wasn't really snarling since he only did it when he was content. Maybe that was his way of smiling! Maybe that's what Elvis is doing, too.

AdoreMyDogs
11-20-2000, 10:42 AM
When I was away at College in the U.P. of Michigan, I adopted my dog and then a cat from this "hole in the wall" no kill shelter. My dog was young, he was about 9 months old, but the cat I adopted was in this room of kitties, they all roamed free in this room which sounds real cute but we found out "Teddy" had kitty AIDS about a year after we adopted him. He was a 10 year old cat when we adopted him but we had to keep him on meds for his immune system for his remaining 5 years of life. That's the only downside of adopting an older cat, they are of questionable health and of course, the fact that they won't be able to spend as many years with you as you would hope. It was horrible that he was sick, and that he could not spend more years with us. And it's also scary that he was in a room full of kitties, and he was fully clawed, he could have spread the kitty AIDS to many other cats in the room with him. I can only hope for the best. I do miss Teddy though. He was so kind and gentle.