PDA

View Full Version : whats the most..............

LorraineO
08-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Have to ask,,, what is the most extravagant thing you do for your pets?

Lucy gets only store bought bottled water in her special travel cup in the car.

Am I nuts or what?????:rolleyes:

micki76
08-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Yesterday I spent $250 for a thermostat that keeps the room at one steady temp, regardless of the weathwer outside. Sometimes here in the morning you need heat but by afternoon it's 90+ degrees. This thermostat senses those changes and adapts to keep the house at whatever temp you set it to stay at. :)

FizzGiggs_Mommy
08-19-2004, 01:47 PM
My Bichon FizzGigg ONLY gets distilled bottled water (Because of tear staining). The water cost about $6.50 for 6 gallon jugs (thank god for BJ's Warehouse)

I only have one dog bed but it is still like new because I would rather then sleep on the waterbed with me.

All of there collars and leashes are custom made.

Humm thats all I can think of now

Kfamr
08-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Ah well, we've drove to Ohio twice just so they could play with their PT pals. :p

We spent around $100+ the other day on dog things... and spend around that much each time we go shopping. :o Shopping for dog things is the only fun shopping. :p

They have more bandanas than I have clothing.

They have more TOYS than I have of anything.

dappledoxie
08-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Let's see... They have more toys than I can count and every time they may rip a hole in one I go buy more so they don't have to live without it while I wait to sew them up. lol

Which reminds me, I sew more for them than I have my whole life. lol (I would just throw away but they do love some of those particular toys! lol )

I spend more money on things for them than I do for myself things like movies/cds etc...

I always try to go places where they can go with me! :D But that's not too out of the ordinary. :)

LuckiLab03
08-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Well, each day we try to take Riley somewhere or give her some fun. We'll take her to her brothers house, let her play with Sasha the dog across the street, take her on a walk, go to petsmart, go to a carwash (today) or give her frosty paws. We bring a bottle of water for her in the car too.

During the last few months of her life (we didn't know it was..), we took RB Brooke out to go see the ducks at an apartment complex closeby (special trip!! we didn't go anywhere else!) LOL.

catnapper
08-19-2004, 05:10 PM
People think we're nuts for constantly refiling the water dish with fresh crushed ice and filtered water. They look at me like I'm nuts when they witness me doing it. But all three monsters come running when they hear the ice hit their dish! :D

It doesn't cost much money, so would it count as extravagnat?

cali
08-19-2004, 06:10 PM
uhh got involved in a dogsport club, 3 times a week they get to go to the training hall where they get to play, play, and play some more! then we traval all over and stay stay with 8 other people and 12 dogs in a tiney motel room just so the dogs can run and win prizes, and meet people who fuss all over them lol replaced a door panal with oak after the dogs broke it, fixed the screen door extra strengh after the dog broke it(by jumping against it) bough a kiddie pool so they would not get to hot,all the butchers in town know us my name because we want the best meat for the dogs, we just settle for the cheapest grocry store stuff we can find. we bought all our furniture to match the dogs, we bought our house to match the dogs, never by good quaility furniture get it second hand, its gonna get ripped up anyway lol we buy the dogs human toys cuz they are stronger..

Samantha Puppy
08-19-2004, 06:58 PM
I save at least a few pieces of my dinner meat for Samantha, every day. Her daddy used to give me hell about it but lately, he's started doing it as well! Haha! I also make sure her water is as cold as possible. I always make sure there are at least 5-6 different kinds of snacks of hers in the cupboard so she doesn't get tired of any one. I brush her daily, sometimes more. I also make sure her doggy beds (one upstairs in the bedroom, one downstairs) are fluffed and comfortable for her. Oh, and I have birthday parties and birthday cakes for her.

Basically, I treat her like a little kid in a doggy suit. Just about everyone thinks I've lost it but they've started getting used to it and realizing I just adore her. :)

chrissycat21
08-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Right now the circulation in one arm us being cut off by a certaint sleeping dog. :D

When people found out that I had a dog, Snowy got sent gifts. (even from a great uncle in california.) On my birthday I didn't get anything from any of the people that sent Snowy gifts.

She thinks my bed and pillow are hers. I have a double bed and end up sleeping in a corner because she stretches and thrashes about on one end.

I get woken up in the middle of the night because she sees something interesting outside.

Glacier
08-20-2004, 11:45 AM
We moved to the Yukon! The dogs weren't the only reason, but the thought that the huskies would love it here certainly influenced us.

mruffruff
08-20-2004, 11:58 AM
I installed central air so the dogs wouldn't get too hot while I'm at work. I put in a doggy door so they wouldn't have to hold it all day. I spent a fortune on wooden fencing so they wouldn't bark at the next door neighbor's grandkids. All of my furniture is used, with slip covers so I can wash the doggy drool and sand off of it.

I'm sure glad they let me live here! :D

Mary

cloverfdx
08-20-2004, 11:59 AM
I think driving 8 hours and spending the weekend playing dogsports just for the benifit of the dogs is a bit uh *Crazy* but the hoomans love it also. ;)

The dogs have more toys than i do clothes. I am always putting ice in their drinking water and wading pools in Summer so they dont get hot.

I send away to get specially made sporting harnesses for them, and in designer colours too.

I would not think twice about going on a doggy roadtrip but if the dogs cannot come i would rather miss out and stay home. :o

I / We have to get up at 5am on Sunday just so we get to Flyball on time, it will be a 2 hour drive. :D

I will cook Clovers motivation/ reward treats Saturday night when i could be spending a few hours with friends.