PDA

View Full Version : Cat shortage!

ChrisH
08-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Guernsey faces up to cat-astophe (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/guernsey/3856241.stm)

follow up story

Tomcats to boast kitten numbers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/guernsey/3579344.stm)

kimlovescats
08-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Oh Please!!!:rolleyes: :mad: How about shipping some of the thousands of homeless babies from USA over there .. instead of encouraging breeding for pets! What about adult cats too? They make great pets! UUGH!!!:mad:

DJFyrewolf36
08-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Sadly most people give up on a kitty once it grows out of the "fuzzy cute" stage. Sigh, I think adult cats deserve just as much love as kittena. Gah and they CAN take a few unwanted kittens from all over the world if people really want a kitten. Why encurage breeding again? Sheesh, a TNR program actualy does what its suposed to and people get bent. :rolleyes: :confused:

sasvermont
08-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Well, it seems to me that a boat load of kittens from just about any country would satisfiy their needs. Boy, this is a no brainer, if I have ever seen one. There are farms around me that could single handedly offer up enough kittens to solve their problem. I believe there are probably thousands of kittens within a day's travel.

smokey the elder
08-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Why can't they drive over to the next county or something?

catnapper
08-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Gosh though, it makes you wonder if we can get the message through here that ALL pets need to to be spayed and neutered. Could we actually get it through enough idiot's heads that no matter what - spay and neuter your pet? They seemed to have done a fabulous job of pet owners being responsible enough to get their pets spayed and neutered, why can't we?

Alas, that will never happen, and we'll never be faced with such a "crisis"

catcrazylady
08-19-2004, 05:34 PM
This really irked me! I'm with everyone else and dont understand why they can't save some of the lost and homeless kitties out there! Can people really be that stupid?

QueenScoopalot
08-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Geesh, The way my year's been so far, I could have a kitten or two for each islander! I can only dream that a program like that would actually work all over this world. :rolleyes: I suspect too with such idiotic comments from the vets etc. that we'll see another post in a few years...Island overrun again with kittens. :mad:

leslie
08-19-2004, 08:06 PM
I wonder if it is one of the areas that offered to help Greece!? (kidding) We all know- they don't have just a stray dog population, it's cats too... someone on the cat side posted a really nice greek pet shelter recently and if you send one of thier post cards (free) it gives them a bit of funding.. wish I had saved it- I would let them know about this area looking for cats for heaven's sake!

catmandu
08-20-2004, 08:21 AM
That is crazy,these State Organizations,sahould get together,and send over the Cats,that are slated for euthanasia,and spare not only the cost,but the lives,of those Poor Cats! Beurocracy Stinks!