PDA

View Full Version : Need help with middle name.

Stenograsaurus
08-19-2004, 12:26 PM
Well, with three weeks to go and undecided on a middle name, I decided to poll pettalk. The first name for our girl will be Hannah. The choices for the middle names are:

Marie -- My aunt's middle name and my cousin's middle name. I am very close to this family and we spent a lot of time together growing up. If I was not at my house I was at theirs. However there is another cousin and a great aunt whose middle name is Marie and they were not pleasant people. My nice aunt had said that there are so many of our relatives with the middle name of Marie so using this name as a namesake is not as important to me anymore.

Rose -- My cousin's first name (the same nice cousin from above.)

Grace -- Just a name that we like but my nephew has a cousin on his mother's side with the same name.

So what do you think?
Thanks,
Beth

Samantha Puppy
08-19-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm partial to Grace because my firstborn daughter's name will be Grace. :)

Rose is nice too. Marie isn't bad, but to me it has become a "filler" middle name (like, "we can't think of anything else and Marie sounds good with everything so we'll just use that.") I don't mean to offend anyone - Marie is a pretty name, it's just very very used. :)

Logan
08-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Friends of ours, from church, named their newly born little girl, Hannah Grace. I think it is a beautiful name!!! :)

G.P.girl
08-19-2004, 01:27 PM
i think Hannah Marie is a beautiful name

cocker_luva
08-19-2004, 01:32 PM
I like Michelle!!! (but im alittle biased) ;)

but i voted for GRACE!!!:D

Karen
08-19-2004, 01:37 PM
I like Hannah Rose, and the fact that it has no negative associations for you!

Grace was my Great Dane's name, so I have a hard time taking that one seriously, and growing up in a heavily French-Canadian area, just about every other person's middle name was Marie.

pitc9
08-19-2004, 01:54 PM
I went for Marie.

Hannah Marie ..... now that sounds nice!!!

Tonya
08-19-2004, 02:03 PM
I like Hannah Rose. It flows beautifully. I didn't know that you were pregnant! I must have missed that thread. Best wishes!

lizbud
08-19-2004, 02:17 PM
I voted for Rose as the middle name.:) You really have three
great middle name choices picked out & it's hard to choose.

Guess I'd go with Hannah Rose.:D

lovemyshiba
08-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Rose is MY middle name, so that's what I voted for:D

Grace is my sister's middle name.

Hannah Rose sounds beautiful.

EssTer
08-19-2004, 02:40 PM
I think Hannah Grace sounds really beautiful :)

Stenograsaurus
08-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks everyone for responding.

You always worry when naming your kids. You don't want to pick a name that everyone at school will pick on or make fun of. When I was talking about this to one of my co-workers, she looked at me and said, Hannah rose to do what? I said, oh, thanks a lot. I never even thought of that. Although I'm sure some kid along the way would. :rolleyes:

Cataholic
08-19-2004, 03:22 PM
GRACE! If I mean ANYTHING to you, Beth, ANYTHING, you will name your girl Hannah Grace. Grace was Jonah's middle name until he decided to be a boy. Lilyana Grace.....sign.....wipes tears away......

My friend's daughter is Hannah Marie. But, I love Grace!!

snappy
08-19-2004, 03:35 PM
My vote is for Grace also - my sister (that I helped raise) just had a baby and she named her Grace - I didn't like it at first, but she is so wonderful and if you baby is anything at all like this Grace, you will be well blessed!

carole
08-19-2004, 03:39 PM
I love all the names you picked, and they go so well with Hannah, but my first choice would be Hannah-marie, then Rose and last but not least Grace.:)

Randi
08-19-2004, 03:46 PM
I think Hannah Rose flows, but I also the name Grace. Not much help I know. :rolleyes: It also depends on the last name - say it out loud ten times! ;)

anna_66
08-19-2004, 04:20 PM
All the names are beautiful, but I chose Marie (and I'm a little partial to it since it's my middle name;)).

Corinna
08-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Hannah Rose just sounds like and exotic name . Gives her a chance to be something really spectacular. I beleive in names defining a person so thats why mine are named the way they were.
Clarissa was an 16th centry greek poetress(artsy ) Amber to give color to her art tyness.
Benjamin strong and sturdy. He is a fighter from the start (the docs didn't expect him to live,20 years later guess they don't know everything)
Edward all of them I know are strong

CamCamPup33
08-19-2004, 04:50 PM
I voted for "Hannah Rose" It really sounds nice together. I think it's a beautiful combination. :)

popcornbird
08-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Hannah Grace sounds SO *graceful*. I love the sound of Grace with Hannah. It sounds like they go together. Hannah Marie is cute too, but for some reason, I think Grace goes better with the name Hannah. Its a beautiful name. I always liked the name Hannah.

aly
08-19-2004, 04:58 PM
I voted for Hannah Rose too because I love those two names together :)

Luckily at school, middle names don't come out too much so if you're worried about your daughter being made fun of, I doubt that will happen. Usually its the first and last names that people pick on.

Tina
08-19-2004, 08:07 PM
I voted Marie.:) I'm just alittle partial to the name since it is my middle name and my daughter Maegan's middle name.:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-19-2004, 08:23 PM
I love Hannah Grace... I love the name Grace. :) Good luck chosing! They all sound great together... whichever you chose will sound beautiful. :)

carole
08-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Be sure to choose wisely and that you are definite on your names, I only found out recently that Tamsin was a form of Thomasina, my mother's name (one she hates BTW) and had I known at the time of my daughter's birth it would have been her third name, now I have to spend a hundred dollars to add it to her birth certificate, which I will do , when and if I ever get a spare one hundred dollars, as this will be to honour my mother, and something to remember her by when she is no longer with us, and my daughter loves the name as well.

Karen
08-19-2004, 09:36 PM
I thought of another reason to go with Hannah Rose; the day or day after she is born, your husband can take her two big sisters to a garden shop or nursery and buy a rose bush that's blossoming or budding then. They can take it home and plant it and call it "the Hannah rose," and it'll bloom every year on her birthday or thereabouts!

My mother's birthday was in June, and there is a rose bush at my parent's house that was taken from the one at HER parents' house that blooms every year at that time (give or take major droughts or late springs). She carried flowers from it for her wedding (which was on her birthday as well). I didn't know it was true of all rose bushes until I met a gardener who was going to buy one for a wedding present for that reason.

Stenograsaurus
08-20-2004, 01:06 PM
I think I am leaning towards Rose. (Sorry, Johanna. Do you still like me? ) Every time I say Hannah Grace I always hear that somebody knows someone whose little girl has the same name. It's a very common middle name for Hannah. Plus the rose bush thing got to me. (Thanks for the tears, Karen. :p ) We have two pine trees planted for Sabrina and Brooke (from their first Christmas) and we're running out of room to put trees so a rose bush for Hannah Rose would be quite appropriate.

aly
08-20-2004, 01:19 PM
OH WOW Karen, that is so special. What a wonderful idea!