PDA

View Full Version : Update on mizzy

Rio and Me
08-19-2004, 09:58 AM
The vet said that it is possible Vestibular disease, this could be caused by a middle ear infection?
this also causes the wobblyness (Ataxic).
He gave him a shot of Dexadreson and a shot of Metoclopramide, i have to take him back tomorrow if his no better for blood test's and to go on introvenous fluids.
We came home a he drank a little so thats good, he hasnt eaten still but at least he's drank.
I will still take him back tomorrow so they came do more for him.
But so far so good i think.
Thanks guys more updates as they come.
Ky

pitc9
08-19-2004, 10:00 AM
I pray the meds make him feel better!

anna_66
08-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Here's hoping Mizzy can start eating soon and good luck tomorrow.

cloverfdx
08-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Thats good to hear Mizzy is drinking a little, i hope the Vets will be able to figure out what is wrong with him tomorrow.

More PT prayers on the way for you both. :)

dappledoxie
08-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Well I'm glad to hear that Mizzy drank alittle, I sure hope he gets alot better soon!

tatsxxx11
08-19-2004, 02:56 PM
Good news, Ky:) I have a friend whose pup has vestibular ataxia. She's been treated but is still affected...walks with her head tilted but otherwise is doing great. Please keep us updated and give Mizzy a big hug for me:)

Rio and Me
08-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks i not to hopfull he's had only one small drink that i know of, and about two spoons of cat meat, the water of his own accord (bowl next to his bed) and the food was given in a small bowl up to his face.
It now 9.45pm i have left him i a seperate area to the others with a bowl of water and soaked kibble mixed with cat meat (small portion), if nothing has been toched in the morning its off to the vets, i have taken 3 days off work, next two weeks are holiday anyway.
Also i think he is confusded as he had an accident (wee) just as i helped him up to go outside, but i dont care as long as he drinks and eats over night.
I have looked up Vistabular and it say keep well lighted so i have left a light on for him.
Keep you posted thanks guys
Ky

Toller 42
08-19-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm so sorry:( I'm going through the same thing with Jess right now. I don't even know what to say:(