PDA

View Full Version : Major 'Accident' By House :(

Desert Arabian
08-19-2004, 12:23 AM
I am really worried!! There was a major accident on the road adjacent to our house. There is a huge swamp and woods right across the street and running through it is a little road that hardly gets used. Around 10:30 CST tonight we heard a helicopter circling above the house and it was EXTREMELY loud, so I went outside to look and see what was going on. It circled a couple of times. I ran to the corner of the block (only 3 houses down) and a couple of the neighbors came outside- we watched the helicopter land back there on the road and eventually the engine was turned off. You can't see the road though, because the view is blocked off by some buildings (nursing home) and rows of trees. I had no clue what was going on! Until it all hit me- about 15 minutes earlier I was taking my friend home who lives right up the road and we saw about 8 cop cars go back there on that road (no lights)- but I didn't think much of it. Well, that flight for life helicopter was back there on the road in the woods for ONE HOUR!! ONE HOUR!! Usually, they land, pick up the person, and leave IMMEDIATELY- not ONE HOUR later!

I didn't want to be a brown-noser and be all nosy and wander over there but it was really starting to bug me, so mom and I got in the car and drove down the road a couple of blocks where there is a clearing. There was a crime scene set up. There were around 3-4 fire trucks, numerous cop cars, police and fire vans, and volunteer firefighter cars. They all had extremely bright lights shining on this one spot in the road. There were firefighters and cops walking around everywhere. We couldn't see extreme details (thank God) or what they were all talking about- we were about 450 feet away from them.

I am really scared it is someone from my school. I have a weird feeling it is, when I get this kind of feeling- it usually turns out to be true. That road is not used much, and I know a lot of people from my school go back there to hang out, race cars, etc at this time of night. Knowing my luck, if it IS someone from my school, it is someone who I am really close to. I just hope my feelings prove me wrong.

(Mom and I at one point were even thinking that maybe a body was discovered on the side of the road or in the swamp/river- that swamp is pretty big- and if you were a murderer I suppose that would be an ideal spot to leave your victim- as horrid as it sounds. We also found it quite odd that a cop car was going up and down every single block- what's up with that!?)

So, around 11:30 CST I heard the helicopter start back up and take off, so I looked out the window. It looked like it was heading towards Community Memorial Hospital, which is only about 10 blocks from the scene (you can see the hospital on the hill from my house)- but it banked to the left- heading towards downtown Milwaukee and Froedert Hospital. Froedert Hospital is the hospital that gets all the horrible car accident patients and extreme emergency cases. It is a teaching hospital so the best doctors are there to treat the badly injured people. I don't think that person/s is still alive. I mean, that flight for life helicopter was sitting back there in the woods for a little over an hour- I highly doubt that person/s is still alive. :( :(

I am really worried, sad, confused- you name it! I want to know the details so I am not sitting here wondering who, what, where, when, why, how!?! I just pray to God that it is nobody I know (not that it makes it better)- I hope that person/s is still with us and the doctors can work out some kind of miracle.

Sorry, I just had to post about it...this has me really worried. :( I am going to watch the news tomorrow to see if there is anything, also my friend Lynn works at Froedert, I am going to ask her if she knows about anything- she works in the emergency room- so I am sure she will be seeing that person/s who was in the helicopter. :(

I’m praying, please join with me.

Kater
08-19-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm praying with you. How scary. :(

dogs_4_me
08-19-2004, 12:32 AM
i hope everything turns up ok.. its weird that the police car drove up and down for a while. keep us posted!

dappledoxie
08-19-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm praying too, gosh I hope it wasn't anything bad but with all that going on it almost has to be. :(

Desert Arabian
08-19-2004, 12:39 PM
What adds to the weirdness is that all the cops and firetrucks went back on the road with their lights and sirens off, as if to not attract people to the scene- but when as soon as they were back therethey put all their lights on but no sirens.

I haven't heard anything on the news at all- unless I happend to miss it. I am seeing Lynn later on tonight I will ask about her emergency room patients to see if that person/s was there.

:(

FishFreak
08-19-2004, 12:50 PM
I am the friend. The one she took home. I hope all is ok!:(

HI LAURA **jumps up and down waving**

aly
08-19-2004, 08:56 PM
Oh how scary :( Did you find anything out yet?

Desert Arabian
08-19-2004, 09:21 PM
I talked to Lynn earlier this evening and she said she was not working on the ER level last night. She said she would ask the doctors to see if she can get any information.

Desert Arabian
08-20-2004, 08:00 PM
I myself have confirmed that it was a car accident. We drove back there on the road today and right around the bend there are skid marks going across in the road into the river. Lynn is going to ask the doctors about the person to see if they are still alive.