PDA

View Full Version : have you ever heard of this

Jods
08-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Cat litter cake
Ingredients:

1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
2 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared (I like Bird's® dessert mix)
1 large pkg vanilla sandwich cookies
green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls®

1 new kitty litter pan
1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
1 new pooper scooper

Preparation:

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).

Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.

Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it too soggy. Combine gently.

Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything -- this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.

Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!

catnapper
08-18-2004, 09:11 PM
I've never heard or seen anything like this, and I truly hope one never shows up to the school's bake sale! :D

Jods
08-18-2004, 09:12 PM
It is too funny... Someone try it and lemmie know how it goes lol haha

QueenScoopalot
08-18-2004, 09:16 PM
I've heard about it, and hear it's delicious! Great recipe for a shelter open house event IMO. :D

AmberLee
08-18-2004, 09:42 PM
I think someone was asking for this recipe recently!

I haven't tried it myself though...

Wonder how it would go over on the next Pet Talk outing???

And if I'd have the nerve to make it! :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

kimlovescats
08-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Yep, I've heard of it ... but never have had the "pleasure" of trying it! It's amazing how real that picture looks ... especially with the tootsie roll hanging over the side of the pan! A little TOO REAL looking for MY taste!:eek: :eek: :D

rg_girlca
08-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Yes i've heard of it and even made one for my son Mark last year for his birthday. He wanted a special cake for his 25th birthday, so I made him one. He got a real kick out of it.

Here it is.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p1a895564e51bf6cb059c632b4f8842a9/f75d48de.jpg

Here is a picture of Mark (the one with the hat) sharing with his brother Eric. Sorry it is a little blurry as I was laughing while taking the picture.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p5a4f0cf24aecdae0b187a992a5323849/f75d489e.jpg

Also, I would like to add that it was a little time consuming to make, but well worth it. It was quite good.:D

Don Juan's mom
08-19-2004, 01:33 AM
I seem to remember Jay Leno holding up a picture of "litter cake" on Headlines night....:p

Liz

neko1
08-19-2004, 06:03 AM
I would love to make one for a halloween party or something like that. I was going to make one for my coworkers when I worked at the animal hospital but I never got around to it...:o oh well maybe one day:p

QueenScoopalot
08-19-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Yes i've heard of it and even made one for my son Mark last year for his birthday. He wanted a special cake for his 25th birthday, so I made him one. He got a real kick out of it.

Here it is.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p1a895564e51bf6cb059c632b4f8842a9/f75d48de.jpg

Here is a picture of Mark (the one with the hat) sharing with his brother Eric. Sorry it is a little blurry as I was laughing while taking the picture.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p5a4f0cf24aecdae0b187a992a5323849/f75d489e.jpg

Also, I would like to add that it was a little time consuming to make, but well worth it. It was quite good.:D
Adding the photo makes it really gross looking! Nice job baking it though. Glad it was a hit! ;) Hmmm...my friend (and fellow cat lover) Barbara's birthday is in a few short weeks....YUMMY!

pitc9
08-19-2004, 07:51 AM
A friend of mine brought one into her work, and not ONE person would touch it!!!!

Felicia's Mom
08-19-2004, 08:06 AM
I have heard of them. I have never seen a real one though.

Maresche
08-19-2004, 08:18 AM
I did one for April's Fools Day at my office a few years ago. I was a huge hit, but I had to eat the first slice in front of everyone to prove that it wasn't the real thing. Bunch of wusses!

I highly recommend making one. Just be sure the tootsie rolls aren't too hot when you make the kitty turdies. Burned my hands on the first one....

catmandu
08-19-2004, 08:24 AM
It must be tasty,but it looks,like a Litter Box,that has not been cleaned,in a while!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-19-2004, 09:14 AM
I think Zippy made one of these once too. I don't think anyone at her party would eat it though....:D

kuhio98
08-19-2004, 09:25 AM
We made it for a family 4th of July BBQ since we have 8 cats amongst us. It was a big hit and very tasty.