PDA

View Full Version : I fear it is time for Mizzy

Rio and Me
08-18-2004, 03:20 PM
I came home from work to normality with the dogs, let them outside as usual and let them in again, later i noticed mizzy lieing next to a pile of vomite (his i guess), drooling, i moved him away to clean it up and noticed he was walking as if he was drunk, stumbling around i laid him down and cleaned his eye (he has a messy eye).
Now he is laying down not eating (cat food with vit's and an aspirin) which is unusual and not drinking.
He is very down in the dumps and still drowling and wobbly.
I hope it just the wet weather making him wobbly (he's 15).
I'm calling the vets tomorrow for an apointment, and what ever time that is i will have to take time off work, my brother cant (its his dog), if he is to be PTS he will be buryed next to keely his mum.
I hope they can prescripe somthing.
Mum is away too and i wont tell her it will ruin her holiday (she's in America).
Please pray for mizzy he's such a darling
update you tomorrow on him
Ky

Samantha Puppy
08-18-2004, 03:32 PM
:( Samantha and I will keep poor Mizzy in our prayers. We hope it's something the white coats can fix!

tatsxxx11
08-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Oh no:(:(:( Poor Mizzy sounds so ill:( Was he doing ok until today...eating and drinking ok? I hope the vet can give him something to make him more comfortable and figure out what's going on with him. Does he have arthritis? You mentined aspirin. At 15, I'm sure he has a lot of little aches and pains:( Does he normally eat catfood Ky? Perhaps that upset his stomach. My vet has told me that catfood, although dogs love it, has too high a protein content for dogs to handle well regularly. Please give Mizzy a hug for me and please let us know how it goes tomorrow. Prayers are on the way to you, dear Mizzy.

Rio and Me
08-18-2004, 03:52 PM
I think he does have arthritus, he been stiff for a while now but not like this so thats why i hope its the wet weather makeing it worse, i was trying to give him aspirin to help till the morning but he wont take it so im not going to force it down him.
We dont give them cat food at all but usually he will eat it if he gets the chance, but nope (i was putting the aspirin in it).
he ate his breakfast this morning, and drank as far as i know but nothing since he was sick.
In a way i hope he will die in his sleep so i dont have to take him to the vets and have them do it there.
but i will take him tomorrow so they can try a do somthing, my brother is upset as you can imagine.
Ky
Thanks for the prayers

tatsxxx11
08-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Oh Ky:( My heart breaks for your brother too:( I know you have Mizzy's best interests at heart and you don't want to see him suffering:( Hopefully he's just having a bad day. Our doggies do surprise us sometimes:) Keeping you close, friend. Feel better Mizzy:)

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry about your sad news. I hope that the vet will be able to help Mizzy, or make him more comfortable. My thoughts will be with you.

swimma253
08-18-2004, 04:10 PM
oh I hope Mizzy gets better soon! :)

Carly

dappledoxie
08-18-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm so sorry and sad to hear Mizzy isn't feeling good at all. I hope it's nothing major and he'll be fine. Hugs and prayers!!

catnapper
08-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Poor Mizzy. I hope whatever happens will be for the best {{{HUGS}}}

KYS
08-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Sending many hugs that Mizzy will feel better.
15 years is a good long life, and I hope
the vet can prescribe medication to
make Mizzy comfortable too.

Please keep us posted on what the vet tell you.

Hugs Mizzy.

dukedogsmom
08-18-2004, 06:27 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope it's something that medication can cure. It sounds like some sort of stroke. I hope Mizzy will be alright. I know how hard the thought of loosing them can be.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-18-2004, 07:09 PM
How terrible... I am praying for Mizzy and your family... Good luck at the vets, if you get the chance, Miz. :(

anna_66
08-18-2004, 07:57 PM
I know just how you feel, but it doesn't have to mean it's the end for him. Angus is 13 (almost) and there are many times we've thought it was the end but here he is still around and having good and bad days.
But if it is close to the end you can be happy he has had a good long life.
I hope the best for him. Please keep us up to date on how he's doing.

chrissycat21
08-18-2004, 08:09 PM
I hope Mizzy is ok! Keep us posted!

Rio and Me
08-19-2004, 02:57 AM
Thank you its morning now and he's still the same, i thought a stoke too but we'll see the vets apointment is at 10.40am in a couple of hrs its the earliest they could give.
he's still not eaten ?drank over night.
Is there anything they can do for stokes these days?
Update later on mizzy.
Ky

LorraineO
08-19-2004, 06:21 AM
Awww..... Poor lil Mizzy,,, get better soon sweetie...... we are thinking of you..

Rachel
08-19-2004, 06:48 AM
Poor, dear Mizzy. I do hope that the Vet could figure out what the problem is and have some way to help him recouperate.
Please let us know what the prognosis is and how Mizzy is fairing.

cloverfdx
08-19-2004, 07:47 AM
Thoughts and prayers on the way for Mizzy :(. Goodluck at the Vets today.

Rachel
08-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Checking in to see if there was an update on Mizzy. I do hope you will have a bit of encouraging news for us.

anna_66
08-23-2004, 08:23 AM
No update yet? I sure hope that Mizzy is doing alright.