PDA

View Full Version : Depressed Today

K & L
08-18-2004, 12:33 PM
First of all, last night was SO stressful. We never saw Stormy so were unable to get her. We never saw any of the kittens! It appears they're doing a lot of clearing out by the woodpile etc. and I think it's scared them off. We did manage to trap Brutus, a very large tabby, but in the process he went into a seizure! It scared me to death, and on top of it he got my thumb pretty good. Now I'm afraid I'll get sick! Kevin dropped him off this morning and informed them what happened. He said they didn’t seem too concerned about it (as far as fixing him). Then I went checking all the food stations here at work and saw one of the babies we trapped dead on the side of the road. I hate all this!

sasvermont
08-18-2004, 12:41 PM
You know, life isn't fair a lot of times. You have done so many wonderful things for animals - too many for us to count. Too many for you to count, I am sure. You cannot possibly save every animal - some will go to RB having never known you and your husband and having never had the chance to be touched by you. Those animals are unlucky. But think of all the hundreds you have touched. Touched in so many wonderful ways.

Chin up. You are human! I wish I could run over and give you a hug..... ((((((((((((((((((((((((( K & L ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Fondly,
SAS

K & L
08-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
You know, life isn't fair a lot of times. You have done so many wonderful things for animals - too many for us to count. Too many for you to count, I am sure. You cannot possibly save every animal - some will go to RB having never known you and your husband and having never had the chance to be touched by you. Those animals are unlucky. But think of all the hundreds you have touched. Touched in so many wonderful ways.

Chin up. You are human! I wish I could run over and give you a hug..... ((((((((((((((((((((((((( K & L ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Fondly,
SAS

Thank you so much! I guess everything has just piled up. Then Brutus going in a seizure!! This has NEVER happened to us in the 5 years we've been trapping. It was all so scary. I know there'll be bad times! I just hate it though!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-18-2004, 12:48 PM

Ditto! As you know, I don't do any type of rescue work, so I can only imagine how on the "bad days" you feel like just chucking it all - after all, what's the point of trapping kittens and getting them fixed if they're only going to be killed on the road anyway?

But you know that's not true. You know that everything you do makes a HUGE difference, and you can see it with your own eyes. Remember last year you posted how, because of all your TNR work, there were no new babies in the park? So just think, if you hadn't been there and done all the TNR, how many babies would there have been? Hundreds!

When I'm feeling depressed I allow myself to wallow in it - but only briefly, because I know the feeling will pass soon and things will start looking bright all over again.

{{{hugs}}} to you and hope you're feeling more chipper real soon. Guess I'll have to return the favor and send you a "hope you're feeling better soon" gift. ;) :)

K & L
08-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

When I'm feeling depressed I allow myself to wallow in it - but only briefly, because I know the feeling will pass soon and things will start looking bright all over again.

{{{hugs}}} to you and hope you're feeling more chipper real soon. Guess I'll have to return the favor and send you a "hope you're feeling better soon" gift. ;) :)

I'm going to go wallow in Mexican food for lunch today!:) Thanks for your kind words. With the seizure incident, no kittens or Stormy, and now the little guy dead, it just built up. The seizure had me pretty upset to begin with.

You got your gift? I'm glad..and NO...you don't need to return the favor! I hope you were able to enjoy them!!:)

kimlovescats
08-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Hang in there, Lisa. I know it was a pitiful night .... and I'm worried about your thumb! :(

I sent you a PM! ;)

(((HUGS)))
Kim

Catsnclay
08-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by K & L
It scared me to death, and on top of it he got my thumb pretty good. Now I'm afraid I'll get sick!

Was it a bite or a scratch? Did it break skin & bleed? If so, contact your doctor....ASAP.....you will need antibiotics. It is the bactiaria from their saliva that will cause an infection.......trust me, I've been on antibiotics because of this before. Don't wait!!

As for the rest......you know in your heart that you are doing good for all of these kittens & cats, with out you & Kevin they would be worse off. But seeing one of them hurt or worse - dead - doesn't help I know. Mexican food will help! :p :D

Call your doctor!!!!!!

K & L
08-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Catsnclay
Was it a bite or a scratch? Did it break skin & bleed? If so, contact your doctor....ASAP.....you will need antibiotics. It is the bactiaria from their saliva that will cause an infection.......trust me, I've been on antibiotics because of this before. Don't wait!!

As for the rest......you know in your heart that you are doing good for all of these kittens & cats, with out you & Kevin they would be worse off. But seeing one of them hurt or worse - dead - doesn't help I know. Mexican food will help! :p :D

Call your doctor!!!!!!

It bled like crazy, but once I got it cleaned and ointment I think it may have been a claw. It could have been a tooth, but it's not a puncture, just a gash!

It hasn't helped being down over Hazel either. I think it all just piles up at times and gets to a person. When you deal with the number of cats we do, things are bound to happen. Still doesn't make it easy though!

Thanks everyone! I need a good PT boost!:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-18-2004, 02:27 PM
HUGS to you. I am so sorry you are having such a rough time at the moment. With all the GOOD you do, you deserve to have nothing but the easiest time, and be blessed every day.

You make such a difference in these precious creatures lives, and at such a huge sacrifice! I pray that tomorrow is a better day - PLEASE look after yourself.

Remember what Jim Willis said in his peom "We Are Their Heroes"

The entire poem is touching, but I especially wanted to quote the following:

Be kind to yourself, remember your needs
and those of your family and friends of every species.
If you give everything, what will you have left for yourself,
or for them?

AND

A kind word and a gentle touch can change a life.
If a seething anger wells up within you, because people are the problem,
remember your humanity and that people are also the solution.

AND LASTLY:

Your rewards will not be material, but they will be meaningful,
and the courage of your convictions can survive anything.
We are small boats cast adrift on a cruel sea, but someday
the tide will turn toward a safe harbor. No matter how dark
the storm clouds, or deep the pain of heartbreak - never forget:
We are their heroes.

(((HUGS)) to you. You are in my prayers tonight.

K & L
08-18-2004, 02:36 PM
I really thank all of you! Animals in need break my heart, and this I will never get over. I turn to mush!:)

AmberLee
08-18-2004, 02:36 PM
{{{Lisa}}},

You are a hero. (And I admire the way you self-medicate, too. Mexican food, yum!) ;) :D :p

catlover4ever
08-18-2004, 02:43 PM

Fondly,
SAS

I could not have said it any better than SAS. {{{HUGS}}} to you. Things will get better. There are so many of you that take the time to do rescue work that someone like me can not do....you are my inspiration and you are the kitties angel.

catcrazylady
08-18-2004, 06:44 PM
God Bless you Lisa! I don't know how in the world you manage to do as much as you do. You are not only a hero to all those wonderful and needy babies but to me also! You offer inspiration to all of us!
Why is that we all seem to dwell on the few bad things and can't seem to give ourselves the credit we deserve for the hundreds of things we do that go right? We are all guilty of this and I can understand your heartbreak with the seizing kitty and especially the baby that was killed. Just look out into that park and truly absorb the mass of beautiful, healthy, and happy kitties that are there because of YOU!!!
I'm glad you treated yourself to a Mexican treat! I know you know that this will pass but it is a good opportunity for us to let you know just how wonderful we think you are!:D :D :D

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

catnapper
08-18-2004, 06:51 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}}} I can see hoe depressing this can get. But just remember all the good you've done and how many cats you've helped! You truly ARE a hero!

carole
08-18-2004, 07:11 PM
K & L I admire you and people like you so much, there is indeed a Halo over your head, I can only imagine the stress you feel, I spent last weekend worried about my own cat's health and this little ginger cat, which I thought was a stray, it was indeed very stressful, I found it hard to even sleep.

What you are doing is simply marvellous, and only a very special few like yourself is cut out for it, and of course because you are human you are going to be despondent sometimes, and ask yourself is it worth it? I am sure everytime you have a happy ending to your rescues, your question is answered.

If you can take some time out to treat yourself, pamper yourself, take a relaxing spa, get a massage, or whatever makes you feel good and happy,because you deserve it, you might feel more encouraged to keep going with it all, these kitties rely on your kindness, love and care, and what goes around comes around, in other words I strongly believe you will be rewarded for your efforts time and time again.

HUGS AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF....:)

slick
08-18-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm trying hard to come up with some words of encouragement that no one else has said, but the words escape me.

You do so much good work; try and get out of this funk by remembering all the little ones you've rescued and cared for. You can't save them all even though you'd like to. All you can do is your best and believe me, it's not going unnoticed. All those park kitties are soooo lucky to have you. Bless you!

jenluckenbach
08-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Oh Lisa...{{{{HUGS}}}} It is always roughest when it all happens at once. But then there will be a time that it will all go right and this will be a moment of the past. Just hang in there, we are all with you.

jazzcat
08-18-2004, 11:22 PM
All I can offer are {{{{HUGS}}}}.

catmandu
08-19-2004, 08:54 AM
It is a shame,ttaht because,of the stupidity,and indifference,of the idiots,all this work,falls on those of us,who do care,for the Little Ones!Bless You,for caring,and the Found cats Pray,and MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOW FOR YOU!

K & L
08-19-2004, 09:07 AM
How can I express my thanks and gratitude for everyone's kind words and thoughts? I appreciate it more than words can express. Rescue can be tough at times, but in the long run much more rewarding. I think it's when everything piles up at one time, it brings you down more. I also know everything can't always be a happy ending. I feel fortunate we have had as much success, and very little bad to report. THANK YOU ALL!!:)

sirrahbed
08-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Everyone has already said all the things I would like to say. There are a group of you here I admire so much and YOU are one of them. So, I will just join Lori and give you a big hug. ((((((Lisa))))))

DJFyrewolf36
08-19-2004, 10:53 AM
God bless you and *Hugs* for all the great work you do! I know it gets depressing sometimes but the reward is so great! Thank you for having such a big heart!