PDA

View Full Version : Love letter to your kitty(s)

DJFyrewolf36
08-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Dukedogsmom started this for the pups over in Dog General and I thought it was a really great idea for kitties too! Someone should start this over in Pet General...

The thread is here, check it out! (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56338)

Since I started the thread, I guess I'll go first!

Dear Mr. Remus,

I went to the shelter looking for a cat and I came home with one of my best friends. I still laugh when I think about your sweet kitten face looking through the cage and your eyes that seemed to say "pick me! pick me!". You got so exited you tripped and fell in your water dish! On the ride home, I knew you were the kitty for me because you didn't settle for the back seat in a box, no you had to ride up front on the dash! Your playful antics always bring a smile to my face and whenever I'm feeling blue I know that you'll always have a kind meow or a headbumpie ready for me. I love you, sweet Remus and look forward to many years of playing with my best kitty friend!

sirrahbed
08-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Dear Emily and Eliot,
We came to the adoption center looking for an adult but stopped to peek at kittens just for fun. The attendant told us there were two at a foster home that they were still unable to place because they had to go as a pair. We asked to see them (you) and she told us to return the next day and she would ask the foster mom to bring them by, even though we really did not want kittens. But the next day came and we met the two of you! You were snuggled togther and so sweet with eyes that looked scared! But we had to have you!! We had to wait a day and returned for you the next day. I remember the drive home because you two lay so very still in the carrier - smooshed as closely together as possible - both looking right at me and never made one single sound!! At home, daddy got you both to play a little with a feather on a string. Neither of us had kittens before and you two brought lots of laughter to our house!!! Now Emily, you are daddy's princess and Eliot, you are my busy and playful clown! I love you BOTH and am so glad we decided to bring you both home!!

sirrahbed
08-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Dear Dylan,
I saw your picture at petfinders and knew right away I had tobring you home. I emailed the shelter lady and she told me you had been there a long time because people thought you were plump!! It was an hour drive and I could hardly wait to get there - I was afraid someone else would get there first and adopt you!!! The lady brought you out and you let me pick you up and hug you!!:D Now, I just look at you and your sweet face and can't imagine why anyone would keep you for 1 1/2 years and give you back. I wish I had known you as a kitten! But it does not maytter because now you are MINE! You are my "Cat of the Day" EVERYDAY!! I love you and you make me so happy:D

nibblets
08-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Dear Julie,
I wanted to have a kitty in our home for soooo long before we got you...so please know you are truly wanted and loved.
With all the stress I have from day to day, you are my shining star. I come home from work and as soon as I hit the door the dog is barking at me and Rich is wanting to do this or go there...and you...you sit quietly and patiently and let me get settled in then you calmly come over and give me a few head bumps in exchange for some scritchies to say 'Welcome home Mom...I'm glad you're here'.
You are my sweetest girl ...when I really get the blues, you curl up on me and purrr so sweetly. Nothing helps me feel better than snuggling my little Juliecat.
You supply me with loads of smiles. You make me laugh with your silliness, and you are just so darn cute! Like this morning when you were lying on your back in the door way watching me get ready for work. That little spotted tummy all turned up for me to see.
You keep those boys in our house in line. I love how you get your revenge on Rich for teasing you by dumping hair on his black Tshirts...heheheheh. He can't figure out why you don't shed all over me like that. You give ol' Buddy a few cat slaps now and then when he gets on your nerves.
I know who really rules that house...yes..its you!
You are my ally in the house...girls vs boys...;)
I love you sweetie...-Mom

christa
08-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Dear Josie:

My sweet baby, I can’t believe how far we’ve come. Last October, we came to the shelter looking for you, and there you were, snuggled at the bottom of the litter. Your fuzzy little gray face and tiny pink nose melted my heart and as soon as I held you, I knew that you were my baby. Only a handful then, you walked into our home and assumed the role of Queen of the Castle. You were so comfortable with us from day one, I couldn’t believe how well you fit into our lives. I’m so sorry that you were so sick the first few months of your life. I hated to have to give you that yucky medicine! I almost cried every time we had to wrap you up and force it down. But it was to make you better, and now we can see that it was worth it. I’m sorry I had to humiliate you by wiping your butt every time you used the litter box. You were such a tiny little baby, you just had to have help with that. And I’m really sorry for torturing you with the butt baths at such a young age. It was the only way to get you clean sometimes! Now you have grown into a beautiful and loving cat. You are so healthy and strong. I love your playful sense and the morning conversations that we have. Most of all, I feel like you have been my guardian angel. There have been times in the past year that have been extremely stressful and it seems that every time I would feel depressed or sad, you would do something to lift my spirits. I’m so happy that you’ll spend your life with us, Josie. I hope that you’re as happy.

lizzielou742
08-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Dear Tito:

I knew you were meant to go home with me the first time I picked you up. You were so cute, batting my scarf and necklace around and being sweet. Before I took you home, your dad came to the pet store to see you and he agreed that you were one handsome boy! Even if your dad had disagreed, I wouldn't have cared - there was no way I was changing my mind! I knew I couldn't bear to leave you there in that cage one more second! So home with me you came. Now you're my spoiled rotten baby kitty. I love how when I first come home, you meow at me until I pick you up. Then you snuggle with me for a while, and it makes me so happy. You give the best headbumpies and purrs ever. I love how you always want to be curled up near me, whether we're asleep or awake. All my friends comment on how sweet you are, and I want to tell them they have no idea. Thank you for loving your sister like you do - you have no idea how much that means to me. Tito, now that I know you, I can't imagine what life would be like without you. You have brought joy to my days since we've been together, and I look forward to many more years with you as my best friend. I love my kitty!

Love,
Mom

:D

Dear Sophie:

I think you were meant to come live with us from the beginning! I am so glad we managed to get to you and get you healthy as soon as we did. You've become such a grown-up little lady lately. It amazes me every day. You're a bundle of fun, and everyone that sees you falls in love with you. You're getting sweeter all the time. I love our early morning time together, when you purr and follow me around while I get ready for work. You make me want to play hooky from work, stay home, and play with you all day long! You've got the loudest purr and the quietest meow (squeak) I've ever heard! In the few months you've been with us, you're gone from a fuzzy, blue-eyed baby to a cute, playful teenage kitten - and soon you will be a stunning adult. I am so lucky I get to live with you now. I fall more in love with you every day!

Kisses,
Mom

RICHARD
08-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Edward,

I want you to know that I am glad you came to live with me.

Sometimes I look at you and wonder if you miss your mom.-I miss
her too!

You have made it easier for me to go home and I wanted you to know that.

You are a bright spot in my life except on the occasions you decide to look at your dish and cry for treats on those early Saturday mornings when I want to sleep in.

That, and the fact that you get hung up on the window screen at 2 in the morning!

Love,
Your Dad.

catlover4ever
08-18-2004, 02:49 PM
Dear Tigger,

I asked your daddy if I could have a kitten after we got married and he said "sure"....I then asked if I could have two....and he said "OK. Well you and your brother Tony came into our lives and they have not been the same since. You are my little princess and always will be. You are a spoiled little brat and I made you that way....and I would not want you any other way!!!!

Love mommy!

catlover4ever
08-18-2004, 02:55 PM
Dear Smokey,

You were thrown away in a trash can and a friend of mommies rescued you. I bribed your daddy to let you come live with us. You are my special "big boy". We have had some really hard times, but I have never seen a kitty bounce back the way you have. You are always happy, nothing anyone can do to you ever makes you made. You are a turkey-a-holic and spoiled rotten. From humble beginnings to the happiest kitty alive.

Love mommy

Dear Tucker,

I found you one winter day in the front garden. You left me on Christmas day only to come back to my home 3 months later on my birthday...my best present ever. Why you left I will never know...but I know that you will never leave again. You have aged gracefully. Health issues have made you grow old before your time. I value each and every day I have with you...even though you are grouchy, sneeze stinky boogers:rolleyes: and fall asleep in the middle of the driveway....there will never be another Tucker.

Love mommy

catlover4ever
08-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Dear Mystic,

You came to me and I really thought you were pregnant because your belly was HUGE!!! I want to formally apologize to you...you are just pleasantly plump ;) ;) My little double stuff cookie. You are demanding, especially when it comes to back rubs and being groomed. I must say that I have never seen a cat lose as much hair as you. You have become a daddies girl....and he loves every minute of you. You are my pilates coach....you actually inspire me to do them as you are the "Pilates Queen". I love you.

Love mommy

Dear Abner,

Well what can I say about you. You are the biggest brat, the most demanding kid, you talk back to me all the time and I love you so much!!!! Something devine brought you to me and for that I am so thankful. You are "MY BABY". I love you so much. You have such an attitude, an attitude that I have never seen in a cat before. You are truely a momma's boy. I love that you wake me each and every morning faithfully at 6:40 am...then it is time to cuddle. After that you become all brat!!!! Running up and down the stairs, attacking your sister, running to the door and demanding to go outside. Please don't change....I love it when you are a brat.

Love mommy

catnapper
08-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Dear Allen,
You are my first cat in nearly twenty years. I was so thrilled that daddy "let" you come home with us. You and Sammy bonded so much, and then you went into a kitty depression after she went to the RB. I'm sorry that I didn't notice how sad and lonely you were for the longest time. Then we got Pouncer and you amazed us by becoming the most wonderful, loving brother cat ever! Since then you have certainly come out of your shell and asserted your prescence to us! You come to us every night for loving and let us know that you deserve it! What would I do without my big orangie love?

Love,
Mom

Der Pouncer,
What can I say about you?! Only that you have my heart tied around your little paw so tight that I will never fully own my heart ever again. You make me smile and can melt away the worst mood smply by meowing at me. I look into your eyes and you can have anything you ask. I swear you know what I'm thinking and that you talk to me. All is good in life when you come and make happy feet on me at night. I love my littlest boy mre than anything in the world!

Love, Mom

catcrazylady
08-18-2004, 06:13 PM
To "The Crew"
Five years ago if someone had told me that I would be sharing my home with ten cats I would have laughed and your daddy would have to have been picked up off of the floor! Today I can't imagine my life without each and every single one of you. I love all of you dearly and there is something very special about each one of you that makes my life complete.
Sammy,
The way you allowed nine brothers and sisters into your home with such kindness. You have welcomed each one with open paws. I joke about your attachment to your daddy but it makes me so happy to see the love that you two share.
Leroy,
Wow! You have given more snuggles, conversations, and laughs than I thought possible from a single kitty. You light up my life little boy!
Peanut Butter,
You are a ray of sunshine that gives the sweetest hugs. You are a joy to look at and such a comforting presence when I need love. You are always there when I need you and always ready to love me in return.
Stubby,
I admire you so much! You are the tiniest little girl with such fire and passion. You don't let the big boys get in your way or slow you down. You show me determination can overshadow size. When you offer tiny meows and sweet headbumps I feel so blessed.
Lucky,
You have overcome so much in your lifetime. You struggled so hard to learn what love was all about. You overcame some minor physical problems but learning to truly trust us was your big challenge. I now know how special it is to have your love. When you lay in my lap and purr I can feel my heart swell with love and happiness.
Maggie Sue,
You are such a beautiful girl! I love the way you talk to me all the time and give me those special head and body rolls to let me know how excited you are to see me. I know that you love me and that makes me feel special and happy. I always smile when you come into a room because I never know if or when the excitement will begin.
Pepper Jack,
My little love, what can I say? I light up like a Christmas tree when I see you! Those wide, bright eyes always make me smile. There is not a day go by that I don't tell you how much I love those curious and innocent eyes. You have shown me that the world can be a playground and anything can be fun if you make it that way.
Pete,
My handsome pretty boy! I love to pet and snuggle you my little friend. I adore the way your yellow eyes look into mine and make my heart melt. I love the way you play with your brother because you two make me laugh. I love the way you lay on my chest and just snuggle. You are such a sweetheart!
Pervy,
You are so delicate and gentle. You are such a beauty to look at and the kindness in your eyes is so amazing. Everything you do is gentle and kind and you are so cute when you get excited and play. You are my sweet little girl and I adore you.
Magoo,
Oh my very special Magoo! The lessons you have taught me will go on for the rest of my life! Our begining was so rough and I wasn't sure if I could open my heart to you without getting hurt. You taught me patience like no other.
You also taught me that it was ok to let go and trust that love would overcome. You have touched me like no other and you will live on in my heart forever and ever. I long to see your face throughout the day and I love the way you welcome us home at the door every night. I would have missed so many lessons and so much love had you not come into my life little boy. How can I ever repay what you have given me and so many others? I can only promise to love you forever my precious one.

I love you all so much! God has blessed me and I will do my best to give each and everyone of you a happy life. It's all I have to give in return for all you give me.

All my Love
Mom

kuhio98
08-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Dear Kuhio: I’ll never forget the first time I saw you. You were just a tiny, little gray tabby sitting on the closet floor with your brothers and sisters. I was immediately drawn to the pure black kitty but your daddy wanted you because you reminded him of his childhood kitty that he named “Kitty Cat”. :rolleyes: So, you came home with us and we decided to name you for Kuhio Blvd. in Waikiki where we had a condo at the time. You were so small that you fit into the palm of daddy’s hand. You were too tiny to climb the stairs. What were we thinking when we put your cat box downstairs? So with a lot of patience on your part and a few accidents (also on your part), we figured it out together and you became our world for 17 wonderful years. We always laughed because you had to explore whenever a closet door was opened. We always wondered if you were looking for your brothers and sisters in there. I love you, Kuhio. Always have and always will.

Dear Halo: I was nervous the first time I met you. Your Dadcat had picked you up from the shelter when I was away at work. We had lost Kuhio a month before and Dadcat said he just couldn’t stand coming home to an empty house. I was nervous because I was afraid you wouldn’t like me. Dadcat told me I was silly. I gazed into your gorgeous green eyes and was amazed how like Kuhio you look. But, when I picked you up, I almost dropped you. You were so much heavier than I was used to. I know you only weighed 9 pounds at the time, but I was used to a 6-pound kitty. We’re still figuring it out you and I. I know your first year of life must have been rough but I think you are starting to forget those days. I’m so sorry you ended up scared and alone at the shelter right after giving birth. No one could tell us what happened to your kittens. I hope they were found and given good homes. You no longer duck your head when we pet you. I’ve even heard you purr a couple of times. What a gift that is to us. We just want you to know that you’ll always have a home with us and, by the way, it’s okay to get on the furniture. You will not get in trouble. And you don’t need to check on our whereabouts 20 times a day. We won’t leave you.

Dear Cammie: I had talked Dadcat into getting a sister for Halo. She seemed lonely without a friend. We went to the no-kill shelter with a lap cat in mind. Halo gets very nervous when you hold her for long and I really was missing a lap kitty. You picked us out from the moment we got there and followed us from room-to-room. I’m afraid that I wasn’t interested in you at all because I’ve always thought tortie’s were just too strange looking for me. They always seemed spooky. We looked and looked (moving you aside several times) and as we walked down the stairs to leave, you leapt upon my shoulders and would not let go. Dadcat picked you off of me and you began to purr like a jet engine. You snuggled deeply into Dadcat’s arms and gave a big sigh. We had been chosen. I brought the cat carrier into the shelter and when I opened the door, you walked right in and curled up. I had never seen anything like it. So, we brought you home. You never made a peep in the car. You and Halo hated each other on sight and 18 months later, not much has changed. But, I think you are learning to ignore each other. We had been told that you and Halo were about the same age so we were quite worried when all you wanted to do was sleep. After another checkup at the vet, we were told that you were at least 12 years old. No wonder you wanted that pesky Halo to stop messing with you. I often wonder what your first decade of life was like. Where did you acquire your disdain for cat food and love of people food? Don’t worry. You always have a home with us. Maybe the people at the shelter thought we wouldn’t adopt you if we knew how old you were. You did a great job at selling yourself. How come once we got you home, you decided that I was “not worthy” of your attention? :confused: It is really ridiculous the way you growl at me when I pet you. Or stop purring if I touch you. :rolleyes: And it really is quite nauseating the way you gaze with adoration at your Dadcat. I did find it amusing that you came to me for comfort when the big, bad, scary furnace repair guy was there. (Well, after you searched the house several times for Dadcat, you came to me for comfort.) :rolleyes: Well, at least Dadcat got a lap cat. I love you anyway Cammie and we’re so glad you came home with us.

Dear Pepper: I saw you 3 times before you came home with us. It was about a year after we had adopted Cammie from the no-kill shelter and I had started volunteering there. Each time I saw you, I picked you up and you immediately purred your brains out. I just loved you so much. I asked the other volunteers what your story was and found out that you have a profound heart murmur and several adoptions had fallen through for you because people didn’t want to take a chance. During another day of volunteering your Dadcat and I brought some bags of food. You made a beeline for Dadcat and leapt into his arms. You began to purr and fell asleep. Dadcat carried you around the rest of the day and didn’t want to put you down. We were both in love with you but I was afraid to ask him if we could get another cat. So, I called the shelter a week later and asked them if we could foster you and pay for any medical checkups your little heart would need. I mentioned this to Dadcat and when I came home that day, you were already ours. He wanted you to, but was afraid to ask me about it. So, you were home. Halo was quite interested in you but unsure of your reception. Cammie hissed and spit at you and you just ignored her. You quickly figured out that she was all talk and no action. (Hopefully, Halo will figure that out too, someday). So, you’re the littlest (barely 6 pounds) and you rule the roost. Halo and Cammie follow your lead. All your test results have shown that your heart is beyond repair. There is nothing that can be done. But, you’re not sick. You don’t complain, and you are one of the most fearless kitties I’ve ever known. We worry about you and your lack of fear. You climb the fence. You walk the fence pole with the neighbor’s 3 snarling Boxers ready to make a meal of you. You jump off the second floor balcony. You jump out of the upstairs bedroom window. :eek: At this point, our hearts will wear out long before yours! It really is quite a challenge supervising you so that you don’t hurt yourself. You may not have a long life, but you’re going to have a good life with us. Now that all the doors and windows are secure, we can sleep a lot easier! We love you, Pepper Braveheart. :D

QueenScoopalot
08-18-2004, 08:05 PM
(I could be here for a few days LOL)!
Dear Sweet Pea and Joey, I remember seeing you as tiny kitties perched on the rock ledge, behind that busy restaurant on the highway. After my heart was broken losing little Peanut who was so sick with pneumonia, I decided I had to have you and all your friends. I vowed no more of you would suffer like he did. Every day I came to feed you, and you'd sit on the rock with the grey bow on your little dirty head, and you and Joey would blink at me. I finally trapped you and many other kitties, and brought you and Joey home. I remember how very scared you both were of me, and how dirty you were from living behind the restaurant. I gained your trust so very fast, and you both became my comical little clown kitties! You were so scared on adoption days though, and as you got older and no one chose either of you, I decided you were meant to be mine. I'm so happy I did keep you both! Sweet Pea I love how you like being held upside down and hand fed crunchies one piece at a time, and how you manipulate my hands with your busy little feet! I also love how when I try to kiss you when you're upside down you push my face away with those little white paws! I love how you talk the siamese talk and say "YUM" and make "I love you eyes" to me! I laugh every time you start washing another kitty, and then WHACK them when they're clean! Joey, I love how you have two different colored eyes, and can romance me with one of your loving glances. I'm happy you have learned to trust me more and come to me almost every day now for those kisses! Ahhh, one sweet white cheek of yours to kiss, and then you turn for me to kiss the other one! I even tolerate all your lovely clean white fur in my mouth because I love when you let me kiss you. I'm so happy I got you both out of there, along with many more scared kitties who went to other homes, and that you've both given me nine plus years of thanks for rescuing you both from a horrible life. Love, Meowmie

Jods
08-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Dear Pikky lol Pixie
You have only been with me for a very short time 6 weeks but, I already don't know what I'd do without you. We live in a duplex my parents own and they said jodie NO MORE PETS or you will be thrown out Ha make me laugh. They didn't know I was already searching for you. Then I found you and I almost didn't pick you I know can you believe that. I wanted a blue point and was told to get a male needless to say I wanted a female anyways well I was walking out the door and of course changed my mind when I saw you... Then Boy was I scared my parents were camping and NO MORE PETS... Well the got home early :( Not good so I was gonna wait till the next day to break it to them so at least they could relax for a bit well I knew Siamese cats were vocal but Pixie you mouthy baby they knew after about 10 minutes and I heard Jodie GET RID OF IT after a while of fighting I finally felt relaxed enough to say you were MINE!!!! You are alll mine my choco/seal baby... My dearest chocolate pie Who sucks on my hair, clothes and bites my toes.you bad little girl.. I love you and can't wait to share so many more years with you.... You light up my life!!
Your mommy

NKBurlington
08-18-2004, 08:27 PM
*drying the tears from my eyes*

jazzcat
08-18-2004, 11:07 PM
I've enjoyed reading all these. There is such a special love that comes through in each and every letter.

If I hadn't had such an exhausting day today I might be able to write to my gang but for now I'll just enjoy reading.:)

catmandu
08-19-2004, 08:59 AM
To The Found Cats: I love you,as everyday,you give ,and you make me,so happy,when I have so little Human family,left,I love you,more than I can say!