PDA

View Full Version : Not again!

Lacey
08-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Just when I was starting to think Mowgli might be rehabilitated, he goes and pees on the bed again. This warden has about given up on jail time, but I did get some Feliway to try spritzing on the bed. And I know he knows what the litterbox is for because I've got an empty one sitting in the spare bathtub until I can get more litter to fill it up with (I used the last of the litter filling up the big litterbox), and he went out of his way to use that box.

Anyway, I've put Zelda's harness on him so I have a grab strap to snatch hold of if he's being uncooperative about a jail trip or a chin scrubbing. It's a little big, but he hasn't wiggled out of it yet. And he looks mighty fine in green! :D

The little bozo has also started drinking out of the toilet, so I've had to get into the habit of leaving the lid down. :rolleyes: For some reason, he doesn't like drinking from a water bowl, but the toilet and any cups I have lying around seem to be fair game for Mr. Potty Mouth. Maybe if I leave the bathroom tap running for him, he'd start drinking from that. :D Mowgli's such a brat, but he's my brat! And I wouldn't trade him for anything!

catmandu
08-18-2004, 08:41 AM
Mowgli,dont pee,on the bed! That is the one thiong,that does make Our Kindly Dad angry,and that is when we pee,or puke,on the BED! Dont do it ,Mowgli,PLEASE!

jazzcat
08-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Oh no, Mowgli!!!

I was thinking about what you said, that he used the empty box. Maybe he doesn't really like the litter. Maybe he would do better with something in the box with a different texture or even smell. I think there are a several different choices but I'm not up on anything but Tidy Cat. Maybe someone with experience with other types of litter could give you some advice. May be worth a try.

pitc9
08-19-2004, 08:10 AM
I had a cat that NEVER used the box....I asked everyone what to do.. and I got a BUNCH of ideas..Some sound crazy... but I did it anyway! But then again, if it's behavorial, then changing the litter is going to do nothing.

I have, used top soil, news paper, sawdust, sand, clumping litter, clay litter, litter called "Attract" it's supposed to have a smell in it to make them want to go in the box, any combination of any of the above. I have changed colors of litter boxes,
*yes colors... I was told cats like blue litter boxes the best*
I had 3 litter boxes in a room no bigger than 8 x 12, and shut her in the room. Put her food where she went potty, used every cleaner on the market and any home made mixture I have ever heard of, changed cat food. All of this... for three years... and nothing ever changed. AND she was an only cat!
I did everything I could to not let the hubby know about accidents, but when she peed on my side of the bed, and I had to sleep in it so hubby didn't know and get mad at her.... I knew I could do no more.
I trapped her as a feral kitten in a neighbors barn and had no choice but to release her back to the outside... maybe that's why she never used the box. She wanted to stay "wild"
(sorry for blabbing for so long) :o