PDA

View Full Version : Time to bring in a professional

Smilla
08-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Well, this morning, after witnessing Lefty barking furiously at the mailman dropping off of an early package, I decided it was time to call an animal behaviorist (sp?). We haven't had any friends over to the home since we got him--we've had relatives stay over, but I think Jeff and I are both afraid of how he'll behave around people who aren't bound by blood to be as forgiving of us.

I really hope this helps. I'd love to be able to have a friend--or heck, even a plumber--over, without worrying about how Lefty will behave...and whether I'll get slapped with a lawsuit should he harm anyone.

pitc9
08-18-2004, 08:05 AM
I know the feeling, that's how Buddy was when I first got him home. After a while he started to realize that not everyone was going to kill him!:rolleyes: He's still got a little way to go, but it's only been 1 1/2 years that I've had him!
Good Luck!! Please let us know what they tell you!!
I'm sure we all could learn something!

How old is Lefty?

LorraineO
08-18-2004, 08:33 AM
youe doing the right thing,,, better to nip it in the bud early,,, (excuse the expression,, no pun intended!)

Let us know how it goes!

Smilla
08-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately, it's not *that* early--he's 7. I've only had him since last October, though. Please keep your fingers crossed--I'll let you know how it goes!

LorraineO, I rather liked the pun. :)

LorraineO
08-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Smilla
Unfortunately, it's not *that* early--he's 7. I've only had him since last October, though. Please keep your fingers crossed--I'll let you know how it goes!

LorraineO, I rather liked the pun. :)

:D :D Good,,, glad you did,,,, Dont worry about the dogs age,,, with good training and correction,, anyhting is possible!!!!