PDA

View Full Version : okay guys I have some questions :o

countrycowgirl
08-17-2004, 08:45 PM
okay here they are:
see chewie has I think fear aggresion (not for sure or anything) but like if some one runs at her another dog or person and it just freaks her out and she barks and growls and sometimes lunges and it scares me but I think that the reason why is she when she was a pup I was told that she was the runt and would be aggresively beat up by her litter mates and mother very meanly:( :( ..... so I think that she is scared that that is going to happen:( ...which makes me so sad for her.. if anyone has any links or any helpful tips or info. PLEASE share thanks in advance ... also she had a accident in my room my falt I wouldn't wake up in time she hasn't had one since :) ...but I can't get the smell to go away:o :o ...any ideas on what to do?...agian thanks in advance well I guess that is it for now :)

Jods
08-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi
My dog is like that to... I don't know what causes it either when ppl come over she becomes very nervous and lunges and barks if they get to close I don't know why, but it freaks me out she's never bitten anyone but, I don't even wanna take that chance... Not sure how much time you have to get the pee smell out but you can buy stuff at a pet shop, I just used regular carpet cleaner when my pups used to have accidents... LOL get febreeze lol haha, but I'd really like to know also how to stop the aggression...
Jods

cali
08-17-2004, 09:51 PM
clicker training. trust me Happy has fear agression, it used to be so bad she would lunge and bark and try to bit anyone(mostly kids) who walked by, now she runs to kids happily wanting to play. before clicker traning we could not get her near a petstore before she started barking and lungeing after 2 weeks she was sleeping inside of one. you need a clicker, lots and lots of very tasty treats, and another dog. a dog that is familier though at first. have someone else hold the other dog on leash, then you need to start a good distance away with chewie on leash, everytime she looks at the other dog without barking or lunging click and reward, keep doing this till she gets the idea, then start moving closer to the other dog very slowly, if she cant take it anymore and sarts barking and lunging then you are out of her comfort zone, so move back and work some more just at the edge of her comort zone, the idea is to start shrinking her comfort zone over time, this may take a while but it works, once Happy was comofrtable with the first dog we started to figer 8s with Happy on the outside then switched to the inside so that Happy was walking right past the other dog, continuing with lots of clicks and treats. then you switch dogs and start all over lol this time it may not take as long as the first, keep working with her, take her to lots of places, with treats and a clicker, I would sit outside of a supermarket with Happy and lots of treats we scared a few people lol but lots of work, treats and praise really paid off. but whatever you do NEVER punnish a fear aggressive dog for lunging and barking, that is the worst mistake you can make, because makeking the dog more scared then it already is will do nothing but make the problem worse(yes we made this mistake lol)

micki76
08-17-2004, 10:08 PM
I can't help you much with the fear aggression, Millie suffers from it to an extent and I haven't been able to do a darn thing with her! :mad:

For the smell from the accident, get Nature's Miracle or Simple Solution and use it. It will work, though sometimes it takes more than one application. Follow the directions and shake the bottle well. I didn't the first time and I was very disappointed when it didn't work like everyone said it would. :o

Hope your Dad's feeling better. :)

binka_nugget
08-18-2004, 12:09 AM
I think Kaedyn's fear aggressive. He lunges at men while on walks but is normally pretty timid around them. He was so scared of the vet today.

What I've been doing is rewarding him for not growling or lunging. I made the mistake of correcting him and Cali's right, it's the worst thing you can do with a fear aggressive dog. From the dog's perspective, they already see (whatever they fear) as a bad thing. If they get a correction everytime they see that thing, they're going to associate that thing with the horrible corrections. So instead, Kaedyn gets treats everytime he passes someone and behaves like a good boy. If they stop to pet him, I get them to offer him treats as well. It's been working pretty nicely. He still growls now and then but he's 100x better than before.

pitc9
08-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Nature's Miracle ... the best stuff IN THE WORLD for getting the stink out!!!!!

countrycowgirl
08-18-2004, 04:01 PM
oh thanks so much you guys all this will REALLY help!!!!:D ..... I have to go by a clicker and all that stuff and I am definetly going to get that stuff to get the stink out agian thanks so much guys!:)