PDA

View Full Version : Things That Bug Me Lately

RICHARD
08-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Has anyone noticed that the level of soda in a plastic bottle is WAY lower that it used to be????
------------------------------------------

A commercial for Volvo cars tells you that for 2,200 dollars MORE you can purchase an option that sits seven people in one model.

Why not just buy a used junker with the 2,200 and take more people along, why stop at 7???

-----------------------------------------

Amber Frey and Scott Peterson tapes.

I'm still trying to figure that out. Hello!!! He killed his wife....who cares about the affair?

---------------------------------------------

Micheal Jackson shows up at church on Sunday and gets to visit with the Sunday School class of kids:eek: :confused:.

--------------------------------------------

Oprah selected on a jury panel in a murder case.

Say what??

I can hardly wait to see the results of this story.

--------------------------------------------

Courtney Love has more court appointments that I have underware-And no jail time to think of....

I think I know why Kurt Cobain shot himself.

:eek:

moosmom
08-17-2004, 08:05 PM
RICHARD,

I share your annoyance! I've been watching Court TV and I think the prosecution is going a little overboard (overkill???) with these tapes. *Yawn* I mean, play a few pertinent ones, but ALL of them?? Come on, I think the jury gets the point they are trying to make.

Michael Jackson visiting a Sunday School class??? Oh PUHLEEEEEEZE!!!

I don't drink soda much anymore, so I haven't really noticed the level. Give me water anyday!

Oprah on jury duty?? Like she's gonna miss a day's pay because of it. I WISH I had 1/100th of her money!!

The Volvo commercials are for the rich. Ah, but I'll drive around in my little Kia Sephia till it stops running. It holds 4, sometimes 5 if I put the cat carrier in the trunk. And, once it's paid off, in another 2 years, it would've only cost me $17,000!!! By that time, it'll be worth maybe $2000. *sigh*

I saw the brand new Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible Limited Edition today on tv. Only 1500 have been made. They START at $30,000!! I don't even make that much in a year!

leslie
08-17-2004, 09:40 PM
well regarding peterson- the prosecuters, unfortunately have nothing but these calls.
There is no hard evidence. There is no case against him at all. Just circumstantial. He's a womanizer, he's self-centered (explains supposedly why he was going off camping with new look- "scared" of the media"), he's stupid, he's a liar. They have no evidence that he is a killer. Sadly. Even though his computer records show that he was checking the tides of the area where Laci's body was found- all circumstantial. He could get off like OJ and just get a civil suit and never pay (like OJ who says he has no intentions of ever paying it).
A good sociopath covers all his footsteps. Like Bundy- But even Bundy screwed up in the end. TOO confident. Hopefully, Peterson will slip too.

jazzcat
08-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Oh yes, I heard that about Michael Jackson and I was like what?:eek:

Oprah on the jury - right!!!!

I want to add my own person if I may. I hate my local tv news for ruining tonight's Olympic results for me. No warning just 'ta da' in your face. GRRRRR!!!!! I called and told them to bite me on the sport's director's voice mail. Just one of those days.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-18-2004, 09:42 AM
My mom watches CourtTV... CONSTANTLY! I have heard... I swear to GOD... every Frey/Peterson tape... and they are usually pretty boring!

Amber: "I'm so upset right now."

Scott: "I know. I'm so sorry."

Amber: "What happened?"

Scott: "I can't tell you yet."

THAT'S ALL I'VE HEARD!!!

*pulls out hair*

DJFyrewolf36
08-18-2004, 10:11 AM
I think Im going to take my semi-full bottle of soda and curl up under my bed until the wierdness blows over!

Smilla
08-18-2004, 10:23 AM
"A commercial for Volvo cars tells you that for 2,200 dollars MORE you can purchase an option that sits seven people in one model."

I don't have that many friends. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-18-2004, 11:55 AM
LMAO! Amen, Smilla! I only have 3 or 4 close friends... making that a maximum of 5! Thank you very much!

robinh
08-18-2004, 01:04 PM
I don't think I'd want to be driving around with that many people anyway. :eek:

RICHARD
08-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Heard this on the radio....

During the Oprah trial courtroom observers noticed that she turned her head when the pictures of the bullet ridden body were shown in court.

Then,
The jurors were served lunch- A fried catfish platter.

Oprah turned her nose up at that, so she had one of her assistants fetch her a 'breadless turkey sandwich'.

I'd love to be rich.

:rolleyes:

dappledoxie
08-18-2004, 04:40 PM
lol Yeah, must be nice huh!? If it'd have been a regular person I bet they'd have said well you don't eat then huh? lol

Course, I have never been on a jury so I don't know how that works. lol

QueenScoopalot
08-18-2004, 04:55 PM
And why is it the boxes of dry cat food (cans too) keep getting smaller, but the price keeps going up? :confused: Has it got some thing to do with mad cow disease or something? :rolleyes:

catland
08-18-2004, 04:58 PM
I didn't think that Oprah was having problems with her ratings.;)

I avoid the news - thanks for reminding me why.:rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
08-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Response to the Oprah thing:

I wish I had fried catfish for lunch....Remus would agree with me! Quit whining, gahhh!

gini
08-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Richard, can I jump in this thread and tell you about something that bugs me? Thanks!

TOILET PAPER.

How did the rolls get to be so small? AND - now I have the choice of spending MORE money to buy a DOUBLE ROLL?

I also bought some Kleenex - the Kleenex brand, and I went to use one and stopped cold..........why is it now smaller? The price sure wasn't less!!

It is the same thing with coffee........you don't get a POUND can of coffee anymore.

Hello, like we don't notice these things.

RICHARD
08-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by gini
AND - now I have the choice of spending MORE money to buy a DOUBLE ROLL?

You don't get a phone book in your neighborhood??
;)

slick
08-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by gini
How did the rolls get to be so small? AND - now I have the choice of spending MORE money to buy a DOUBLE ROLL?

As my Dad used to say, "to save money you should use 1 square, both sides!" :D

gini
08-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Slick, you and I must have had the same father.

If ever you wonder where my wacky sense of humor came from, you don't have to wonder where the apple fell from the tree.

slick
08-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Gini, I concur with you on that kleenex issue. For years now I've always bought the "man-size 3-ply" kleenex. Those little boxes are useless.

And then my favourite store stopped carrying them and now I have to go to another store and pay more! Where's the justice??