PDA

View Full Version : Movie help please???

sirrahbed
08-17-2004, 05:03 PM
New camera!!! Lots of memory!!:D Made my first video with sound!!:D It is 90 seconds and 17MB of mpg:eek: I can't use Windows Movie Maker because I have Win 98. What can I use to make this file smaller? Is there anything??? What format can I convert it to and what do I use to do it?? Thanks in advance for any help.:rolleyes:

Amber
08-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Same here, I have a bunch of vids of Elvis and I don't know how to put them on without being so big.

DogLover9501
08-17-2004, 05:48 PM
What kind of camera do you have??

Also did any software come with it? Like when you plug in your camera to put the pictures onto the computer, a program opens right?

lol sorry I didn't explain that well

binka_nugget
08-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Not sure if you have this option but on my Canon, you can break up the clip into smaller clips.

You can also zip it to make it smaller or try uploading it to a free host (angelfire, geocities).

sirrahbed
08-17-2004, 08:55 PM
OK, I have downloaded and tried assorted converter/encoders to compress my big *.mpg files to *.wmv and ended up using one that Jazzcat (Lori) suggested. It is a trial version at http://www.winavi.com/video-converter.htm and for purchase at $29.95. It works great. It compresses a 1 minute 14MB mpg down to a 2MB wmv. The trial has a watermark across the videos and the purchase gives you a registration code that gives full use immediately. I am finding it very easy to use. It will convert any video format to pretty much any other video format (avi, mpg, ra, wmv, vcd, dvd, vob and things I never heard of, plus an assortment of playback codecs for broadband, LAN, dial-up, etc. I am using my regular Windows Media Player for playback.