PDA

View Full Version : '68 -The Summer of Thursday's!!

RICHARD
08-17-2004, 02:12 PM
lololol

Hi everyone!!

I am starting the Thursday thread one day sooner.....

Thanks to all of you for keeping last week's thread going but we have to move forward and look toward the future!

I wanted to make this a booze free Thursday- but we have to celebrate, toast and do a little housekeeping.

First of all congrats to Randi and John. 25 years.....I think that's a silver anniversary.....

Champagne for the house.......Cheers!!!

300 months or 1300 weeks or 9125 days!!!!

Let's put our hands in for David and toss him out some good vibes....I think we'll find out that everything's gonna be o.k.......

EGBOK!

Hi Mario....... Blueberry blue is definitely your color!!

Wow, Have I missed anybody???:confused:

I sure did...Fister! Congrats.......

lbaker
08-17-2004, 02:31 PM
I'll second that emotion! Pass the broom and bring out the silver polish... Thursday's is going up-scale this week :cool:

slick
08-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Congrats to Randi and John!
Good luck David!
Congrats to all the milestones and birthdays!

Also, there seems to be alot of sadness and prayers for families and lost pets out there so I'd like to propose a toast to them and may they find peace.

Hmmm, booze-free Thursday and it's only Tuesday. Does that mean I can drink today and tomorrow? :confused:

OMG Richard, it just took me 10 minutes to figure out what EGBOK meant! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
08-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Yes, Slick, I'm sure it does! I really think we need to raise a glass of champagne in honour of Randi and John's 25th anniversary and Fister's gold medal. We can be abstainent on Thursday! Who mentioned toast? I'd love some, thanks.

Sending loads of good vibes for David!

Randi
08-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanks so much for your well wishes, we'll make an effort to continue as usual. ;) .... Well, less Bars more TV.

Fister is SO proud of his Gold medal, he's not only purring, he's talking up a storm. :D Can anyone quieten? him down a bit??

Originally posted by slick
Hmmm, booze-free Thursday and it's only Tuesday. Does that mean I can drink today and tomorrow? :confused:

Slick, I love your logic!! :D

Cheers everybody - even though it's only tea. Yeah, some toast with the tea would be good! :)

Oh, come to think of it - we MUST have some 68 music in the Bar this week - any suggestions? Around 68, there were a lot of great West Coast bands!

gini
08-17-2004, 03:40 PM
This place has a silver punch bowl - and those little cups? Who knew. Give me a rag and I will start in on polishing.

Somebody better iron that tablecloth for the pool table and I will put the punch bowl over there.

Let's have some good suggestions for non-alcoholic punch recipes.

We have a lot to celebrate - Randi's job, Fister's glorious win, Randi and John's Anniversary and on Thursday, David's Sir Jury will be behind him and he will be on the road to recovery.

Quit talking, Gini and polish!!:D

Randi
08-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Yes David, come on into the Bar and relax! Your operation will go just fine!! :)

Gini, I think I'll be a good girl and join you. Going off to polish the brass thing our letters come though ....

Killearn Kitties
08-17-2004, 03:47 PM
OMG Richard, it just took me 10 minutes to figure out what EGBOK meant! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Umm ... do you want to enlighten me?

I'll help polish the silver. Hmm, non-alcoholic punch recipes? I remember a few years ago being in a brilliant cocktail bar in Turkey. The bartender was American and did the most wonderful non-alcoholic cocktails. I'm sure he said he was from California originally. Do you know him? :D :D :D

slick
08-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Let's put our hands in for David and toss him out some good vibes....I think we'll find out that everything's gonna be o.k.......

EGBOK!

KK:
Read the previous sentence. "everything's gonna be OK" EGBOK.

At least that's what my feeble mind thinks it means, but knowing Richard, it could mean something entirely different. :D

Gini, let me help you polish.

I remember when I was invited to the silver anniversary of my boss and her husband. It was a total surprise that the family planned and it took place in their back yard...well, I should say their back forty because they have a huge pool and a gazebo with a hot tub. Anyway, I showed up wearing a dress and wig made from tin foil.

Talk about a wardrobe malfunction...the first time I sat down it split....:D :D

Killearn Kitties
08-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Oh good grief! Does he do this kind of thing often then?

slick
08-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Oh good grief! Does he do this kind of thing often then?
Stick around KK. You'll catch his drift sooner or later. ;)

davidpizzica
08-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Randi
Yes David, come on into the Bar and relax! Your operation will go just fine!! :)

Gini, I think I'll be a good girl and join you. Going off to polish the brass thing our letters come though .... How can I NOT be relaxed with this bar crew! When I go to bed, I'll start my fasting. But here at the bar, as long as it is cyber, I can have anything I want! Today I took my last ride in my car. It might be a couple of weeks before I can drive again.

catland
08-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Oh, come to think of it - we MUST have some 68 music in the Bar this week - any suggestions? Around 68, there were a lot of great West Coast bands!

Just a sampling of some of the hits from the Billboard top 100...

Mrs. Robinson - Simon and Garfunkel.
McCarther Park - Richard Harris
Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf
Sitting on the dock of the bay - Otis Redding.
Classical Gas - Mason Williams.
Jumping Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones.

that should be a good start (just don't let Slick comment about Classical Gas :p ) - speaking of which - the other day I saw a Mexican food restaurant called "Burrito House" and imediately thought of Slick and Gini.

Congrats Randi and John. Good luck David. Congrats Fister, and good thoughts to all of those in a bad way this week. We're thinking of you.

Richard, can I have a Root Beer float - you know, A&W root beer and ice cream?

slick
08-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by catland
(just don't let Slick comment about Classical Gas :p ) - speaking of which - the other day I saw a Mexican food restaurant called "Burrito House" and immediately thought of Slick and Gini.
Gini, what did we do to deserve this reputation?? :confused: :D :D

Classical Gas? LOL When I was a kid I used to call it "tooting".

davidpizzica
08-17-2004, 04:36 PM
RICHARD, a root beer float would be delicious right now!

Randi
08-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by david p
It might be a couple of weeks before I can drive again.
BUT ... in a few weeks, you'll dancing in the Bar! :D

I'd also like to send my best wishes and positive thoughts to all who are having a rough time! May you feel better soon! :)

Classical Gas? Now you've lost me!! :confused: Am I too old, or too young - or is it because I'm foreign. :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
08-17-2004, 04:42 PM
BUT ... in a few weeks, you'll dancing in the Bar! :D

I'd also like to send my best wishes and positive thoughts to all who are having a rough time! May you feel better soon! :) Randi, I promise that when I get better, I WILL be dancing on the bar! With Mario as my partner!! LOL LOL

Karen
08-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Non-alcoholic punch, a la my Mom:

Go out to the garden, gather 8 or more big stalks of mint (peppermint or spearmint, or some of both).

Wash them of thouroughly, place in the big white bowl.

Boil water, "enough" - pour that over the mint. Wait a minute, then add 4 or so teabags. Steep for 4 minutes.

Get out the biiiiiiig punchbowl - the one that's been in the family for several generations. Fill the bottom half with ice.

Dump in a can of orange juice concenrate, or of frozen lemonade mix, your choice.

Empty in a package of Cherry or Strawberry Kool-Aid mix, and about half the reccomended amount of sugar.

Now dump the mint/tea mixture over all this, stir mightily, and add enough gingerale to fill the bowl. Then taste and add whatever else it needs sugar-wise or, if too sweet, lemonjuice-wise.

Just before serving, dump in a bag of frozen raspberries or some other frozen small-sized fruit of your choice. Stir. Enjoy.

If we want to get fancy, the day before, get out a ring-shaped mold. Take 6 or 8 of the prettiest mint leaves and put those on the bottom - and as there's a silver anniversary, we'll throw in a few of those teeny silver-colored balls they use for cake decorations. Put in about a half inch of water, then freeze that for an hour or so. Then fill the rest with bits of fruit - those frozen raspberries will do - and water and freeze the whole thing overnight. When the punch is almost ready to serve, dump the frozen ring our of the mold and float it in the center of the punchbowl.

There!

It's one of Ma's recipes, so vary just about anything you want. People who don't like the fizziness of gingerale can use cold water, for example.

lbaker
08-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Classical Gas was an instrumental and HOT. It really had nothing to do with Slick or Gini :o Slick was just "tooting" at her age at that time :o KAREN, that sounds supreme! HEY, the Supremes! 1968! Whoa ho! Janis Joplin, PP&M, Bob Dylan, The Band... oh Laurie, don't even get started here... ;)

slick
08-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Janis? I love Janis!!!!

Crrrryyyyyyyy Baby!!!!!
Crrrryyyyyyyy Baby!!!!!

God, not one could wail it out like her!

Gini, nice haircut!

gini
08-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Classical Gas was one of my all time favorites. I can hear it now!
(no wise cracks, Laurie or Richard).

I remember saying to a friend when it first came out that this was going to be BIG! They didn't believe me!

Now didya notice that our Mizz Karen tells us HOW to make the punch - but she didn't eggzactly offer to make it for us.

Well, when you are the Mayor, guess we should just be happy that she dropped by.

Uh, isn't this Tuesday?

slick
08-17-2004, 06:39 PM
OK, so it's supposed to be booze-free, but I'm operating on only 3 hrs sleep from last night. I could really use a visit from my friend Jose. Any chance of getting a slushie?

Karen: that punch recipe sounds fabulous.

David, be careful dancing with Mario. He steps on your toes. :eek:

RICHARD
08-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by gini
Classical Gas was one of my all time favorites. I can hear it now!
(no wise cracks, Laurie or Richard).

Now didya notice that our Mizz Karen tells us HOW to make the punch - but she didn't eggzactly offer to make it for us.

Uh, isn't this Tuesday?

I want classical gas to be played at my funeral..

I almost had the recipe copied for next year's bbq......Since Karen snuck out so fast I am a little leery......;)

Gini,
In case you noticed.......Last week's Thursday's was well into THIS weeks Tuesday!!:eek:

Slick,

DONE!!!

Randi,

http://www.classicalgas.com/home.html

CG was an instrumental song that was very popular in the late 60's- you probably have heard it before as a soundtrack or in a commercial!

Corinna
08-17-2004, 06:55 PM
I think a booze free thursday is great. We might get more of the youngsters here. I refuse to clean the L&F I heard some weird noises from there last week.
David take care and we here will keep this candle burning for you.
How about a ice tea today ,I had great news at work for next year. But I'll tell you all about it later its David and the annerviery couples day.
Ps isn't Seppenwolf"s Born to be wild our motto here in the bar?

lbaker
08-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Born to be wild
Born to be free
And in a few more weeks
DavidP, will have a new knee

get your motors runnin'
out on the highway!!!

davidpizzica
08-17-2004, 07:32 PM
OK, so it's supposed to be booze-free, but I'm operating on only 3 hrs sleep from last night. I could really use a visit from my friend Jose. Any chance of getting a slushie?

Karen: that punch recipe sounds fabulous.

David, be careful dancing with Mario. He steps on your toes. :eek: If he steps on mine, I'll step on his toes!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Born to be wild
Born to be free
And in a few more weeks
DavidP, will have a new knee

get your motors runnin'
out on the highway!!!

:D :D
Sometimes you guys just really crack me up! :D :D

I wasn't going to check in until tomorrow, but Slick called me to tell me the bar was open so I thought I just HAD to stop in. I'll have a root beer float with David - sounds yummy David. Good luck with your sir-jury! We'll be waiting to hear from you once it's done so we can clear the bar in anticipation of the dancing that is to come! ;)

Ok, so, did you guys catch that? Slick CALLED me to tell me the bar was open! Ok, ok, so she really called just to say Hi, how ya doing, yada yada, but she did mention that the bar was open and I was to get my butt in here. ;)

Seeing as it's only Tuesday, I'm not quite ready for Thursday yet, but when Slick says get your butt to the bar, you better get your butt to the bar! ;) :D

slick
08-17-2004, 09:49 PM
:D :D :D I always feel that if you want to spend time with your friends, sometimes you just gotta make it happen.

Nice talking with you Debbie. Hey guys, I actually heard Tubby meowing!!! Videos are great but to hear it in purrrrson is something else. :) :)

Rootbeer float, DONE!

jazzcat
08-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Okay this figures, my first time saddling up to the bar and you tell me it's a no booze Thursday?? After Disney's vet visit today I could have used something strong.

Oh well, seeing how I don't drink I guess it's a good thing.

slick
08-17-2004, 10:09 PM
Hi Jazzcat. Nice to see you here. No rules here except leave the attitude at the door.

Have a seat and tell me your poison. I don't think Richard will be along tonight...that darn Olympics has probably got him vegging in front of the TV.

jazzcat
08-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Hi Slick, the Olympics had my attention too.

I think a Rootbeer Float would actually do me fine, thanks. How cool that you got to hear sweet Tubby meowing.

I'm probably too late, but good luck David!

slick
08-17-2004, 11:16 PM
OK, here's your rootbeer float! Enjoy!
OOps, I mean DONE!

Karen
08-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Sure, copy the recipe for the barbecue, no problem! ;)

And if you're all good, I'll make a batch for Thursday, but it'll have to wait 'til it's Thursday ... and it's just barely Wednesday here! Better make it a double batch, huh? Anybody got an extra punchbowl?

No, Mario, no swimming in the punch bowl is allowed. I'll be armed with a big glass ladle, and that'd knock you into next week if you even try ...

davidpizzica
08-18-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Hi Slick, the Olympics had my attention too.

I think a Rootbeer Float would actually do me fine, thanks. How cool that you got to hear sweet Tubby meowing.

I'm probably too late, but good luck David! jazcat, you're not late at all, and I appreciate it!

lbaker
08-18-2004, 07:00 AM
As long as we're going for elegance this week Karen, I have an antique crystal punch bowl I will bring. That punch does sound yummy (oh, yummy isn't a very "elegant" word is it :rolleyes: ) I'll be calling the hospital this evening to check on you, David... I'll let the guys know, although I'm sure others will be checking in as well. Look out for Mayor Karen, Mario... she doesn't mess around :eek: Good morning all, how about some scones with coddled cream? Perhaps some fresh berries too? MARIO, get your little hands out of the berry bowl! I'll fix you some, hold on.

Killearn Kitties
08-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Coddled cream would be what exactly???

I like to know what I'm getting before I commit myself. :)

lbaker
08-18-2004, 08:57 AM
Here Ye Here Ye, attention! Killearn Kitties is thinking about committing herself :eek: ;) :D

Coddled cream is sort of like whipped cream that isn't fully whipped. The Brits seem to think it's some sort of delicacy to serve with their scones.

gini
08-18-2004, 09:17 AM
I'd be glad to make the punch, but I am not going near your crystal punch bowl Laurie.

I seem to have this special touch with them that guarantees they will crack.

Clotted cream on scones with some fresh brewed coffee?

Yum!

slick
08-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone. I guess by now David is waiting "patiently" to get into the OR. Let's start sending out those get well vibes. I've already sent him an e-card through Phred's link.

Oh my gosh, I see the Mayor is checking up on us again. I'd better get those blueberry stains off the wall.

There's fresh Bailey's on the bar for your coffee if you want, after all, it's not Thursday yet.

Killearn Kitties
08-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Aah! Now clotted cream I know. Oh go on, I'll have one with my coffee and Baileys. After all, virtual food can't harm you any more than virtual drink! :D

gini
08-18-2004, 09:30 AM
This made me laugh because I knew immediately what Laurie meant. So I read it the way I wanted it to be.

But then that Laurie is a coddler..........just ask Mario!

trayi52
08-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Wow, you opened very early!! I want coffee, please.

Yeap, I'm sending good vibes to David. He is going to be a brand new person, when he comes out of there!

LOL, I seen Mario sneaking out to the apple tree this morning to get him an apple! He just look so darn cute!

Willie:)

Randi
08-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Now we're getting into clotted cream, I also have a recipe we can use. :D

Go and buy 4-5 big cooking apples. Peel and cut them them into chunks. Let them simmer very low in a pot with a lid on. Stir occasionally, until they look like mashed potatoes. Let them cool a bit. Put one large spoon of sugar in and stir again.

Cover the bottom of a glass bowl with a layer of macaroons (see picture in link!)
http://www.danish-deli-food.com/English/Shop/productdetail.asp?recid=123

Drip a small glass of sherry or port all over them.

Then put half the apple mixture on, add another layer of macaroons and finish off with a layer of applemixture. Sprinkle breadcrums on top and cover with a thick layer of clotted cream.

Actually, it's a good idea to just take your portion and then put the clotted cream on that!

The apple cake will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. :)

Good luck, David!

lbaker
08-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Ok ok... you coddle eggs but cream is clotted - I finally get it :o Still, the idea of putting clotted anything in my mouth is a bit off-putting :rolleyes: I think I'll just stick with whipped cream :D Randi, that recipe sounds wonderful! Mario, bring some of those apples over here please!

DJFyrewolf36
08-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Just stopping in for a quick hallo and to visit with Mario.

Hey, Mario how you be? Not getting into too much trouble I hope!

Darn it guys, you opened too early! Stupid 'net connection was broken at work yesterday and I couldn't stop by!

Ill take the DOTD and a catnip tea for my velcro kitty.

Sigh, life right now has the feel of a country song...

It's payday today
but my check is already spent
Work is booooorrrrrrrrring
and I have a cold...

Whine whine whine lol!

Remus, don't look at me in that tone of voice!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Gosh darn it! I missed yesterday's party!

I have a smoothie recipe that Mario should like too:
It's called Tropical Smoothie:
1 medium banana
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple - don't drian
2 cups Mountain Dew - diet works fine
1 (4 oz) package strawberry gelatin

In a blender, combine banana, pineapple, & Mountain Dew. Cover and process on Blend for about 10 seconds. Add the strawberry dry geletain. Re cover and process until smooth. Pour into glasses filled with ice and serve at once.
Serves 4 or one Thursty er thirsty Mario.

Could the cats have their catnip tea on ice? We are having a bit of a warm spell. Makes me think of summer!
:D

slick
08-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Just called the hospital. David is in recovery!

Funny thing, when I spelt his last name out I said P-I-Zed-Zed-I-C-A in my typical Canuck accent and she couldn't understand me until I repeated P-I-Zee-Zee-I-C-A. :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Come on, Mario! Shake a leg!

HAPPY DANCE IN PROGRESS FOR DAVID!:D

RICHARD
08-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Straighten Up And Fly Right
by Robbie Williams

A buzzard took a monkey for a ride in the air,
The monkey thought that everything
was on the square.
The buzzard tried to throw the monkey
off his back,
The monkey grabbed his neck and said,
"Now listen, Jack..."

Straighten up and fly right,
Straighten up and fly right
Cool down, papa, don't you blow your top.
Ain't no use in divin',
What's the use in jivin'?

The buzzard told the monkey,
You're chokin' me.
Release your hold and I'll set you free.
The monkey looked the buzzard right
dead in the eye and said,
Your story's so touching, but it sounds
jes' like a lie.

Straighten up and stay right

:)

What a Wednesday..............

Welcome to the new people!

Slick,

You should know that after a fun day of computing you couldn't MAKE me turn on the computer at home!!!

:eek:

Yes we are crazy.....

And Karen, should Mario get into the punchbowl and you do knock him into next week have him grab the numbers for the lotto, O.K.??:D

DJ,

How does a rootbeer float float you boat?
and one catnip tea...

Try typing that fast, three times!!

DONE!

Sorry if I am a little sluggish today....

I woke up at 2:00 this morning to the sounds of the mirror by the window getting slammed around.....the cat was stuck on the window screen:rolleyes: :mad: :confused: :eek: :D

MOFF,
Thanks!
Let me whip up a batch for Mario and the gang...

Four catnip teas!!

DONE!

ZED???? what's that?

I am trying to find the lyrics to a song I heard last night.....It's a Jazz tune and the words describe a man dancing with a monkey and everytime he comes back he's short some pieces on his body...

It's a real hoot.....When I find out I'll let you know....

Ahem,

It's not Recovery....It's called the Post Anesthesia Care Unit.

;)

Randi
08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Have you all remembered to send David card? :)

Laurie, I'm still not sure about the clotted cream - I call it whipped cream - but John says, he thinks it's whipped cream, just not whipped as much. :confused:

Back to my spareribs ..... it's dinner time here.

What's this evenings music?

lbaker
08-18-2004, 12:56 PM
YUM, ribs! Do you serve saurkraut with yours? Quick, it's almost Thursday... last call for alcohol :D Tomorrow the joint will be overrun with a bunch of virgins...
:eek:
Virgin Mary
Virgin Margarita
Virgin Pina Colada
:rolleyes: ;)

robinh
08-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Hello all! My mother used to serve a great lemonade. Take one large can of lemonade frozen concentrate - mix per directions. Take one small can orange juice frozen concentrate - mix per directions. Pour the two into a large pitcher. Wash skins and slice several lemons and oranges; drop in pitcher. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to blend flavors. Pour over ice. It's great with or without vodka. I'll make a pitcher.

Send David a card. My SO needs that surgery. I know several people who have had it done and they say it's the best thing they ever did. Felt years younger without the pain.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Mmmmm....I agree....ribs....yummy! My mom always made them with sauerkraut and that kraut was some of the best I've ever had! Now you've gone and made me hungry. :p

Happy dance for David and another root beer float for me to celebrate with! :D

RedHedd
08-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Ooh! That Tropical Smoothie sounds YUMMY! It's almost lunchtime here and I'm hungry, but that smoothie would tide me over till noon ...

Killearn Kitties
08-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Randi, clotted cream is a particular type of cream, it is not just ordinary cream, whipped. Here is a link if you want to have a look. It is very good, but not to be indulged in too often!

http://www.britishdelights.com/cream.htm

Music - can I have "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" please. It was mentioned last night, but I'm sure I haven't heard it come on yet. Always been one of my favourites.

lbaker
08-18-2004, 02:22 PM
tee hee, I just sent David card #3, this time I signed it "From the Haz Mat Dudes". #2 was "From Mario" (last name = Monkey when I filled out the form) Those nurses are either going to switch him to the psycho ward or spoil him silly!!

Slick & Gini, thanks for the p.m.'s I'll write you back this evening when I get home.

RICHARD
08-18-2004, 02:36 PM

What's this evenings music?

Anything you want!

Cyber juke boxes are great. You don't need money, they play ALL your favorite songs (over and over again, if you like!) and you don't have to worry about the sound level!

Laurie.

A room full of virgins.....:D

Thanks Robin!

Sound delicious.

T&P,
Let me spark up the bbq and if you'll heat the sauerkraut....

BTW,
I have a nickname for Tubby and Peanut, not original but....

The Happy Wanderers....Root beer float? DONE!

Redd,
A smoothie for you with and umbrella!

DONE!

KK,

LOLOLOL,
Since I work in a hospital the word 'clot' brings up some imagery that make me wince!
:confused: :eek:

Hey Laurie!!!

Look at Mario....He knows something's up.......
He loves that coloring book!

slick
08-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Slick & Gini, thanks for the p.m.'s I'll write you back this evening when I get home.
Not to worry Laurie, just whenever you have the chance.
Super busy for me today so don't have much time to spend here. I'm going off to send David card #2 and #3 from Nikki and Daisy. :D :D You're right Laurie, those nurses will really be scratching their heads. Oh, and I could respond to your "virgin" post but I think I'll just, well....leave that one for another time. :D

Hi KK, Debbie, Robin, RedHedd, Randi, Richard, Gini, Corinna, have I missed anyone out? Hope you are all having a good day.

Ooops, sorry Mario, forgot to say Hi to you. Come over here and give me one of those blueberry smoochies! :)

Eating my lunch now so would love a beer to go with my pizza...:) MMMMMM, those ribs are smelling real good. Mind if I take some to go?

Hmmm, some are being coddled and others are being clotted. Don't know if I like the sound of that! :confused: :D

Randi
08-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Oh Debbie, please - no sauerkraut! I really could not eat it if I was starving! However, I bet your mom was doing a good version of it. ;)

KK! Thanks for the link, it looks yummy - but fattening. :( Is there eggs in it? That'd be an excuse for me to eat it, I try to be healthy - that's at least what I'm persuading myself. :D John can handle anything fattening, he's so skinny! When we met, he said I weighed the same as a sack of cement. Not anymore!

How nice you should mention "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" I really loved that one too! But we must not forget "Ten Years After"! "Stoned Henge" and "Undead" came out in 1968, and "Ssssh" came out in 69 - the year of Woodstock. :eek: But even better is "Cricklewood Green" (1970) which feautures Mini on Sugar the Road" - John's cat at the time. We're still trying to persuade him to put Fister on his next! :rolleyes:

lbaker
08-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Before we get too straight & sober tomorrow:

Gender Geography :

Geography of Women

Between 18 and 22, a woman is like Africa, half discovered, half wild, naturally beautiful with fertile soil.

Between 23 and 30, a woman is like America, well developed and open to trade, especially for someone with cash.

Between 31 and 35, a woman is like India, very hot, relaxed and convinced of her own beauty.

Between 36 and 40, a woman is like France, gently aging but still warm and a desirable place to visit.

Between 41 and 50, a woman is like Great Britain, with a glorious and all conquering past.

Between 51 and 60, a woman is like Yugoslavia, lost the war and haunted by past mistakes.

Between 61 and 70, a woman is like Russia, very wide and borders are now unpatrolled.

After 70, she becomes Tibet. Wildly beautiful, with a mysterious past and the wisdom of the ages....only those with an adventurous spirit and a thirst for spiritual knowledge visit there.

GEOGRAPHY OF MEN

Between 1 and 70, a man is like Iraq - ruled by a dick.

slick
08-18-2004, 02:58 PM
Between 51 and 60, a woman is like Yugoslavia, lost the war and haunted by past mistakes.

:D :D :D Ain't that the truth....

catland
08-18-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi everybody. Say, the Hazmat guys are kind of thirsty too. I think we need a root beer flotilla. :p

Hey Mario - ready to do the Hokey Pokey?

momoffuzzyfaces
08-18-2004, 03:15 PM

Hey Mario - ready to do the Hokey Pokey? He can Hokey Pokey until the cows come home! It's so funny watching him wiggle his little bum!:D

I need a super large cherry vanilla coke, please? The city has my yard dug up putting in a new gas line and I'm choking to death on the dust.

How about a supreme pizza too? I need comfort food! Oh, and chocolate! Please send LOTS OF CHOCOLATE! AND ASPIRIN!!!!!!!!!:D

Killearn Kitties
08-18-2004, 03:40 PM
How nice you should mention "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" I really loved that one too! But we must not forget "Ten Years After"! "Stoned Henge" and "Undead" came out in 1968, and "Ssssh" came out in 69 - the year of Woodstock. :eek: But even better is "Cricklewood Green" (1970) which feautures Mini on Sugar the Road" - John's cat at the time. We're still trying to persuade him to put Fister on his next! :rolleyes:

I don't recall "Stoned Henge". It sounds like something Spinal Tap would do.:D :D Well I'm just dying to hear how John's cat came to be featured on an album!! Do tell.

DJFyrewolf36
08-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Is it Friday yet?

:(
A charming story:

Sitting staring at my cubicle wall with NOTHING to do....

Then a coworker says "Hey, were going to go look at a road tomorow, want to come?"

Of course, anything is better than sitting on my dead behind *Although I get lots of PT time in this way ;)*

Then the boss says "You cant go cause you have too much to do."

Hrrrrrrmmm....

Could someone let me know what that stuff is?? Seems like the only person who doesn't know whats going on is me!

Well, I get paid pretty well for being low end of the totem pole so I can't really complain....too loudly
:rolleyes:

RICHARD
08-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Is it Friday yet?

Well, I get paid pretty well for being low end of the totem pole so I can't really complain....too loudly
:rolleyes:

Remember the low 'man' on the totem pole holds up the creatures at the top.

MOFF,

Super sized Cherry Vanilla Coke. supreme pizza and chocolate covered aspirin??????;)

DONE!

KK and Randi..

I guess I'll have to nominate the both of you as the club "d.j.'s"

Rock on!!

QueenScoopalot
08-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Geesh it's so quiet here...I'm just going to tip-toe around the bar and fix up a quick drink. Everything looks so sparkling around here! :cool: Glad to hear David P's knees on the up & up, and sending good wishes to all celebrating anniversarys etc. I'm dying to know what next weeks theme songs are going to be?? Maybe some Marvin Gaye? ;) :D :confused: Let's get it on...Yahhh hhh let's get it on...you know what I'm talkin' about come on baby.... Thanks for the drink, though I'm not too sure what's in it! Tastes good anyway! :D

DJFyrewolf36
08-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Geesh it's so quiet here...I'm just going to tip-toe around the bar and fix up a quick drink. Everything looks so sparkling around here! :cool: Glad to hear David P's knees on the up & up, and sending good wishes to all celebrating anniversarys etc. I'm dying to know what next weeks theme songs are going to be?? Maybe some Marvin Gaye? ;) :D :confused: Let's get it on...Yahhh hhh let's get it on...you know what I'm talkin' about come on baby.... Thanks for the drink, though I'm not too sure what's in it! Tastes good anyway! :D

Remus tells me that he would make more noise, but has taken some wierd kitty vow of silence. He only speaks in squeaks now lol!

I'll take whatever QSA is drinking!

Hey, happy news about David! I'm glad he is ok!

gini
08-18-2004, 09:42 PM
PSSSSTTT! Over here in the corner............

shhhhh, is she here? I don't think so.

Hey everyone, a valued patron of Thursdays is having a birthday on Friday, 8/20!

How about we chip in for a big cake and some ice cream?

Who is it? Well, here is a little hint. There is a "K" in her name. No, not two k's, just one.

Miss Meow
08-18-2004, 11:01 PM
Wow, the party is happening already!

I'll have a big glass of anything! :D

We are in a building move and have no phones, a tiny bit of electricity and one computer between four of us (and fending off the hordes who want the one computer that works!)

Cheers to David and the upcoming birthday PTer (K? I can't see it on the birthday list) :o

Corinna
08-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Sorry I 'm so late getting here to day, but work happened!! Glad to hear David did well in surgery. Any one heard after he left recovery? I got my cards sent out today.
I'll have a ice tea if you all can have a achaol free week I guess i can give up my sodas for the week .

Killearn Kitties
08-19-2004, 04:08 AM
It's Slick isn't it? Here's my contribution towards the big cake and ice cream. So much to celebrate around here!

slick
08-19-2004, 04:33 AM
Gini: can I buy a vowel?

lbaker
08-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Lest we forget, Slick isn't terribly fond of sweets so hmmmm, what kind of Burfday cake? Ponder ponder... OH HOW ABOUT A CRAB CAKE :D I'll get some crab meat today and we can all have crab cake tomorrow for Slick's Burfday :cool: Let's see, it actually is Thursday today so bring out the blenders and lets start some non-alky drinks... oh virrrrgins, come out come out wherever you are :p V Mary? V Margarita? I found the nicely cleaned up punch bowls and I'm rather early so I'll get things rolling. Happy early Birthday Slick :)

slick
08-19-2004, 09:39 AM
oh virrrrgins, come out come out wherever you are :p
I've been single for 10 years....does that make me one??? :D :D
OOps, did I just say that? :eek:

OK, so Gini spilled the beans. I really had intended on deleting the date from my profile so it would not show up on the birthday list but I guess I waited too long. Crab cakes sound wonderful.

Unfortunately, I'll be spending part of my birthday at a family gathering for my late cousin who passed away August 4th; a "celebration of life" they call it. Shouldn't be that much of a downer, but not a real happy occasion either. Like I was saying to Debbie on the phone the other night, I'll be seeing cousins that I haven't seen since the last funeral. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll take whatever is in that blender Laurie.

Hi KK, Corinna, MM.
**waves**

Corinna
08-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Now Slick why would you deniy us a reason so wonderful to celebrate , by deleting it? Happy birthday.
I won't be able to be here much today, Hubby home and I'm getting a new desk and work area so I'll be putting to gether a new desk, bookcase,and chair. I,m not a carpenter glad I married one.
Has any one heard from David today ?

slick
08-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Now Slick why would you deniy us a reason so wonderful to celebrate , by deleting it? Happy birthday. Has any one heard from David today ?
I'm not one that enjoys alot of recognition so sometimes I prefer to sit back quietly and go unnoticed. The truth, I swear.

As for David, I'm planning on calling the hospital when I get into work today.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Now Slick why would you deniy us a reason so wonderful to celebrate , by deleting it?

I agree! Sometimes you are just too modest. ;)

I'm buying so give Slick whatever she wants this morning! I know she doesn't like sweets much, but how can she resist this cat litter cake I made?

Happy Birthday, Slick!!!! {{{hugs}}} on your special day.

Remember to remember all the good things about your cousin. That will at least help you all to smile through your tears. :)

Killearn Kitties
08-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Ah, we'll I'm glad someone noticed your birthday, Slick, before you had a chance to delete it. We'll all keep a note of it in our diaries now, in case you delete it before next year! I hope things go well at your family gathering tomorrow.

Crab cake sounds great!

slick
08-19-2004, 10:30 AM
**wink wink nudge nudge**
I know a secret.
Someone else is having a birthday on August 21st but you won't see that in the birthday list. She just happened to mention it to me at Gini's. ;) ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-19-2004, 10:52 AM
She just happened to mention it to me at Gini's. ;) ;)

Ok, I think it's Laurie (lbaker), but it could be Zippy, I don't think it's ES aka Mystery Guest, Gini wouldn't mention her birthday at Gini's, maybe it's Wolflady, for some reason I don't think it's Kelly....hmmm.....so many options. Oh, and you said "she" so it's not Richard..... I think I need another Coke to get my brain going this morning so I can ponder this......;)

Hey, maybe it's Mario! He was at Gini's....but he's not a she....is he? ;) :D

lbaker
08-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Debbie, you're funny today... "Kitty English" "he's not a she, is he?" etc :D My birthday has passed so that's one option down ;) See what happens when we "go straight".. we get silly :p Hey Mario, put on some music sweetie while I whip up a special smoothie for you and the soon to be Birthday Girls. Boy, we Leo's are HOT ain't we folks.. hee hee hee

Killearn Kitties
08-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Oh who, who who?? You must tell us!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Too much guessing for my weak brain... smoothie please, Richard!

Good luck guessing you guys! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Well, with a little help from Gini, we've figured it out. I now know who the mystery birthday girl is. :D But I'm not telling na-ne-na-ne-boo-boo! :p

slick
08-19-2004, 11:49 AM
GUESS WHAT....I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DAVID!!!!
He's doing great and they have had him up and walking and now he's sitting in a chair. He says he's in a lot of pain and he's received about 2 dozen cards from us already and he's overwhelmed. I suggested that he bat his eyes at the nurses and beg for some internet time so he could post. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it will happen. He sounded very upbeat and says
THANK YOU FOR THE CARDS!! :) :)

gini
08-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Well, with a little help from Gini, we've figured it out. I now know who the mystery birthday girl is. :D But I'm not telling na-ne-na-ne-boo-boo! :p

Heck, I AM TELLING!!! Birthdays are special days for each individual - whether they want to celebrate or not...WE want to congratulate them and wish them many many more.

Hint: There is no "K" in our additional birthday girl's name.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Hint: There is no "K" in our additional birthday girl's name.

Another hint: There are a lot of "E's" :D

gini
08-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone, HAPPY THURSDAY! I would have been here much sooner, but I stayed up so late last night watching the Olympics.
This morning I feel like I have participated in every event....I am dragging.

The Olympics and rummaging around in the L&F for our members log. After a process of elimination and a BIG help from Debbie we now know who has a birthday on August 21st. NANNER, NANNER, NAN, NAH!!

(And special thanks to Randi - we don't call us big posters blabbermouths for nothing!)

RICHARD
08-19-2004, 12:20 PM
HI EVERYONE.

Great news about David...

There is punch on the bar-from the recipes we got!

There is a tub of sodas, juice and water on the floor.

I have to work today, but I am going to sneak out and BBQ some hot dogs and burgers in the back.

Come out on the porch when you all are ready to eat!!!

A birthday??:confused:

Killearn Kitties
08-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Ooh, I'm first in the queue for food. It's coming up to dinnertime here and I am getting quite peckish. All this thinking isn't good for me. Was at BBQ, no K in name, lots of Es. I'm stumped. Are those burgers ready yet?

Glad to hear David is up and sounding upbeat. How nice to get all those cards.

RICHARD
08-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Are those burgers ready yet?

Glad to hear David is up and sounding upbeat. How nice to get all those cards.

Yep, Come and get it...

KK join the Xmas card exchange......THAT'S A BLAST!:D

catland
08-19-2004, 02:00 PM
I'm also the busy bee here today - I'm taking next week off so I'm scrambling to make sure that some of my stuff gets done next week.

Did any of you hear about the wierdo who tried to blackmail the widow of DR. Seuss? Claims he had "compromising pics" of Cat in the Hat and other beloved Seuss characters. If she didn't pay up, he was going to post them on the internet.

Good grief - what next, the estate of Charles Schultz?

Reporter to Cat in the Hat: "Why did you do it?"
Cat: "I was young, I needed the money"

:rolleyes: :D :eek:

Get well soon David - we miss you.:D

slick
08-19-2004, 02:00 PM
MMMM those burgers smell fantastic. Can I pop an extra cheese slice on mine please? Thanks. Guess I'll help myself to some ice water while I'm at it. That's what I love about cyber-food. You can eat all you want and not gain an ounce. :)

Hi Catland....*waves*

lbaker
08-19-2004, 02:06 PM
I think the mesquite chips (after soaking in water for a bit) add sooo much to the smell AND taste to the burgers... nice touch Richard! I deviled up some eggies so help yourself folks. NOT TOO MANY MARIO! You know what hard boiled eggs do to you :o Add that to the WBBF's Phred mentioned in another thread and we would have to call in the Haz Mat guys. OH WAIT, they are already here drinking up the root beer floatilla's. Good thing.

dukedogsmom
08-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Hello all! I know about that hard boiled egg danger. Duke gets that sometimes and it's strong! I love deviled eggs. I know I'm late but if there's anything you need, I can go out and get it. Sneaking in here from work.

slick
08-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Hi DDM: I'm sneaking in here too. Lots of work to do today because I'm off tomorrow. I think we've got everything covered. Why don't you slip out back and get some lunch and I'll pour you some punch.

Hey, lunch/punch? I'm a poet..... :D :D

snappy
08-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Sneaks in, grabs a burger (glad it's cyber...makes me sick otherwise) grabs a brew from the bar......

sneaks back to work.

whew! :D

RICHARD
08-19-2004, 03:41 PM

Reporter to Cat in the Hat: "Why did you do it?"
Cat: "I was young, I needed the money"

:rolleyes: :D :eek:

Get well soon David - we miss you.:D

See what happens when they get on the 'nip'??;)

Slick,
Extra cheese, DONE!

Laurie,
Another Float!! DONE!

How's about a nice Hawaiian Punch??

dukedogsmom
08-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Getting busy here! Just now got a chance to pop back in. Has anyone tried Sprite with pink lemonade? Mix it half and half and it's very good. Since this is a dry week, thought I would suggest that. Hope everyone's afternoon is going well.

Randi
08-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Someone mentioned cheese - can I have a big chunk of cheddar, please? Mild or medium if there's any. It would go really well with my tea.

Music: How about something civilised for now, like Vivaldi's Four Seasons? Or John Williams. Yes, it's THAT late here!

We can Rock On tomorrow! ;)

Corinna
08-19-2004, 04:53 PM
So glad to hear David is doing well and why would he be surprized by the cards dosen't that boy know how much we care about him (shaking head) guess he will now!!!:D :D :D :D
Those burgers are making me hungry I'll ke one please . (seriously now I have to go shopping and get some to do in reallife here tonight sound just to good.

lbaker
08-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Vivaldi's Four Seasons! LOVE IT... but ahhhh Bach. Dearly love classical and used to have a live-in "boy friend, lover" that played pipe organ at several of the churches, cathedrals here in town. We had a concert grand piano in my living room while he lived with me and I used to love just hearing him do scales :rolleyes: Really, keyboards turn me on. Uh oh, TMI :o Classical, Country, Rock & Roll.. um, just about anything but RAP aka NOISE. guess I'm showing my age here, once a-gain :rolleyes:

RedHedd
08-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Vivaldi's Four Seasons! LOVE IT... but ahhhh Bach. Dearly love classical and used to have a live-in "boy friend, lover" that played pipe organ at several of the churches, cathedrals here in town. We had a concert grand piano in my living room while he lived with me and I used to love just hearing him do scales :rolleyes: Really, keyboards turn me on. Uh oh, TMI :o Classical, Country, Rock & Roll.. um, just about anything but RAP aka NOISE. guess I'm showing my age here, once a-gain :rolleyes: :) I'm not really into classical music, but you brought back fond memories of my opera singer boyfriend who would sing to me in his beautiful basso profundo voice. He's finally made it to the big time and will be back at the S.F. Opera again this year. It was almost 16 years when he returned to the Bay Area last year - his first season singing with the S.F. Opera. It was nice to hook up with him again after all these years. He'll be back in town in a week or so and we're going to hook up again and I get to go to the opera again - comp tickets!

lbaker
08-19-2004, 05:54 PM
It's times like that that put the Class into Classical :cool:

RICHARD
08-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Someone mentioned cheese - can I have a big chunk of cheddar, please? Mild or medium if there's any. It would go really well with my tea.

Music: How about something civilised for now, like Vivaldi's Four Seasons? Or John Williams. Yes, it's THAT late here!

Cheese and Classical!

DONE!

Corrina,

One burger, to go for you!!

Laurie.
any kind of music! DONE!

See,

No alcohol and we become more civilized!!!!:D

catland
08-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
No alcohol and we become more civilized!!!!:D

pardon me Mario, do you have any Grey Poupon?

Corinna
08-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Bad question to ask Mario!!!!

lbaker
08-20-2004, 07:00 AM
Crab cakes with candles for Slick's birthday today! And I refuse to comment on Catland's request of Mario for Grey Poupon, Corinna caught that one right away ;)

dukedogsmom
08-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Has anyone ever had Maryland crab cakes? Those are the best! Happy Birthday Slick. You've got good taste. If you ever want them, Sams sells them in the frozen section. I just found that out. Want to try them soon. I need something to pry open these tired eyes. How about a cafe latte with chocolate flavoring? Good morning to everyone.

lbaker
08-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Sam's may SAY they're from Maryland but I AM from Maryland and I'll put my crabcakes up against anything in the frozen section Val, but as long as they're MD I guess that's better than nuffin ;) mmmm boy! With sweet Silver Queen corn from the Eastern Shore! Now we're on to something. WOO HOO :D Cafe Latte for both of us this morn (shhhh, I hid a bottle of Slick's Baileys under the bar ;) )

dukedogsmom
08-20-2004, 07:49 AM
I don't know where you are in Maryland but if you're ever near Hampstead, you need to go to Friendly Farms. I checked to see if they had a website and they don't. Couldn't even find a phone number. Their crabcakes are out of this world and so are their fried oysters. Can you tell I'm hungry?

Randi
08-20-2004, 08:56 AM
We had a concert grand piano in my living room while he lived with me and I used to love just hearing him do scales :rolleyes:
Ohh, you're bringing memories back here. I was in London in 69 and lived in Stanley Myers' house for a while (he had a danish girlfriend. He composed the most wonderful music on his piano, and he was so entusiastic! We also listened to "The Doors" a lot. :D I have often wondered what became of him, and found out that he was composing film music. I looked him up recently, but found out that he had died some years ago. :( Have any of you heard his music?

Time to go and put the kettle on and make some coffee. I'm sure a slice of cake and a shot of Slicks Bailey will do wonders. ;)

Happy Birthday, Slick!

trayi52
08-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Quick stop for some coffee. I have got so much to do today!

I was up most of the night with my poor little daughter, she is still crying over Sam. When she gets like that, she just wants me to hold her like she is a baby.

Whats Mario up to today? Has he been a good boy? LOL, I doubt it! What is Mario been drinking, if he can't have beer?;)

Willie:)

lbaker
08-20-2004, 10:05 AM
I fixed Mario a banana slushie but he mostly blew bubbles in it with the straw :rolleyes: I'm sorry your daughter is finding it so difficult to deal with this.... it is hard, I do understand, but being married to the wrong man would be harder - trust me on this one.
Laurie

slick
08-20-2004, 10:20 AM
**yawn**
Good morning everyone, and yes, I was born in '52 and today I'm 52. Could be a good omen. My first present to myself was to sleep in. Just woke up and it's 8:15am here.
Second present to me was a clogged kitchen sink. As I sit here writing this I'm waiting for Liquid Plumber to go to work. :rolleyes:
Thank you for the birthday well wishes. We'll see what today brings.

So will someone please explain the Mario/Grey Poupon? :confused: I thought it was only Richard that played with mustard and squirts pets with it. :D

catland
08-20-2004, 10:27 AM

So will someone please explain the Mario/Grey Poupon? :confused: I thought it was only Richard that played with mustard and squirts pets with it. :D

LOL - I forgot about that - I was just trying to be civilized.:eek:

A big Happy Birthday to you Slick.

"Happy Birthday to you"
"You live in a zoo"
"you look like a..."

oh, nothing Mario - I wasn't going to say anything about you - hey wait - stop flinging mustard at me - that's not funny.:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2004, 10:27 AM

Good morning, Slick, and Happy Birthday! The grey poupon thing....hmmm...how do you explain? A long time ago, way back when we were youngsters, there was a commercial for grey poupon mustard. I don't remember exactly how it goes, but something like this guy in a Buick pulls up to a big limo, they roll the windows down and the Buick guy asks the limo guy if he has any grey poupon. Or is it the limo guy that pulls up to the buick guy.... Anyway, I think the commercial was trying to make it seem like if you used grey poupon you'd be in the same league as royalty or the very wealthy... The saying has just kind of morphed over the years....so hard to explain, maybe somebody else can do better.....

Anyway, hope you have a great day! :D

slick
08-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Yes, I remember that commercial Debbie, but I just could figure out what it had to do with Mario because there was no monkey on it. :D

Mario, quit monkeying around and put down that mustard now!!! Catland's going to go ape if you don't stop it!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Well, I think I'll sneak behind the bar and get a Spanish Coffee. Richard said that Thursday was dry but didn't say anything about Friday. Who wants to join me? Drinks are all on my tab today.

lbaker
08-20-2004, 11:04 AM
I'll join you but only if you put your money away... your money ain't no good in dis joint today snookums

RICHARD
08-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Grey Poupon is made in California!!

And put some baking soda into your sink....then heat up a cup of vinegar and pour it down the drain.....clean fresh pipes....

Happiest of birthdays to whoever is having one!!:D

DONE!!!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2004, 11:39 AM
I'll join you but only if you put your money away... your money ain't no good in dis joint today snookums

Ditto! No one should have to be the buyer of drinks on their birthday, especially Slick! :D

slick
08-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Thanks Richard. I'm unclogged now but I'll remember that for next time.

Laurie: Snookums???? :D :D :D

Killearn Kitties
08-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Glad you have clean unblocked pipes now! That's a rotten thing to happen on your birthday! Grey mustard sounds most unpleasant. I don't want any of that on my crab cake, thanks. :D

gini
08-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Laurie, SNOOKUMS, is the name of my computer - did you know that?

Crab cakes - MARYLAND crab cakes - hope I don't hurt anyone as I push you all aside to get to them.

What a fun day it is going to be here..........all of these free drinks being offered.

SLICK, get your hand off of that bar tab - it is your birthday!!
Let us do something for you for a change!

slick
08-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Good grief Gini, you've named your computer and your car. What's next?? The washing machine?? :D ;)

I was just thinking that is Thursday 68 and where I was in 1968. I was in grade 10 and had the most wonderful science teacher. I was in all the plays and worked in the cafeteria at lunchtime. Then I was remembering the songs of '68 and because my memory is starting to go I had to look them up....:D

1. Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
2. Dance To The Msuic - Sly and the Family Stone
3. Mony Mony - Tommy James & the Shondells
4. La La Means I love You - the Delphonics
5. I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
6. Nobody But Me - Human Beinz
7. Ain't Nothin Like The Real Thing - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
8. Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf
9. Who's Makin Love - Johnny Taylor
10. Everyday People - Sly and the Family Stone
11. Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf
12. Susie-Q - Creedence Clearwarer Revival
13. Love Me Two Times - Doors
14. Tighten Up - Archie Bell and the Drells
15. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
16. Jumpin Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
17. Girl Watcher - O'Kaysions
18. Midnight Confessions - Grass Roots
19. The Unicorn - Irish Rovers
20. Valleri - the Monkees
21. Piece of my Heart - Big Brother and Holding Company Featuring Janis Joplin
22. Chain Of Fools - Aretha Franklin
23. Hey Jude - Beatles
24. Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream
25. Think - Aretha Franklin
26. Hello I Love You - Doors
27. Honey - Bobby Goldsboro
28. Sunday Mornin' - Spanky and Our Gang
29. People Got To Be Free - Rascals
30. Spooky - Classics IV
31. Hush - Deep Purple
32. On The Road Again - Canned Heat
33. Cry Like A Baby - Box Tops
34. Love Is All Around - the Troggs
35. Bend Me Shape Me - American Breed
36. Lady Madonna - Beatles
37. Summertime Blues - Blue Cheer
38. I Thank You - sam and Dave
39. In-A-Godda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly
40. Abraham, Martin, and John - Dion

I'll stick the quarter in the jukebox. What's your pleasure?

catland
08-20-2004, 12:36 PM
oh-oh - I get to be first -

Lets start with "I heard it through the grapevine"...:D

"heard it thorugh the grapevine not much longer would you be my baby"

lbaker
08-20-2004, 12:38 PM
ANYTHING but Bobby Goldsboro :eek: The Unicorn was rather "white bread" too. Some real winners otherwise :cool:
Marvin Gaye, ahhhh yes Catland - nice first choice, here's a quarter (wooden of course but it works in this joint).

catland
08-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Yes, I remember that commercial Debbie, but I just could figure out what it had to do with Mario because there was no monkey on it. :D

ok, ok - my logic was that you were supposed to seek out the most civilized and highly cultured being around - and ask them for the grey poupon.:rolleyes:

KK - the mustard isn't actually grey in color, its just the name.;)

lbaker
08-20-2004, 12:43 PM
That's funny, I thought Corinna was making a play on words about Mario and Grey POUPon :o :eek:

Randi
08-20-2004, 12:50 PM
So I go next ... here's a coin you machine! I pressed # 32! Lets boogie!! :D

RICHARD
08-20-2004, 01:25 PM
LOL,

On the way home Tuesday night I heard "Born to be Wild" on the radio......:D

slick
08-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Speaking about POUP, clean yourself out Richard. Your mailbox is full.

lbaker
08-20-2004, 01:38 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OH SLICK!

snappy
08-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Happy Birthday Slick! I looked through the songs of 68 and found many that my band plays - 3, 5, 16, 21, 22, 25 and 30....tonight is the 21st b-day of my co-singer and she is depressed about it - but we are going to play for him. Would you like us to dedicate a song to you while we are at it?! :)

BTW - I need something with a lot of Vit. B in it.....I am draging this afternoon.

Any Suggestions Richard?!
:cool:

wolflady
08-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Sorry I'm late (as usual)....
Happy Birthday Slick!!!
Cheers!!!

I think a little "Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay" tunage would be appropriate since it's almost the weekend. Some of those Maryland crabcakes would be wonderful, and where's the cake??

Killearn Kitties
08-20-2004, 03:15 PM
OK then, I'll taste the mustard if it is not actually grey in colour!

Ooh, two of my all time favourite songs in the same year! Sitting' on the dock of the bay AND I heard it through the grapevine? I could listen to those two all night! Ooh, there's other good things in there as well, Born to be Wild - ooh and I loved Credence Clearwater Revival, can we get "Bad Moon Rising" next week??! No 32 Randi? Good choice.

lbaker, my mum loved "Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro. LOL - dreadful somg.

catland
08-20-2004, 04:18 PM

lbaker, my mum loved "Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro. LOL - dreadful somg.

ack - same here. We had the 45. My mom would sing (very off tune) to it.

quick - I think I need a slushie to bury this memory back where it belongs!

zippy-kat
08-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Just had to wish Slick S'MORE happiness on her burstday! :D

http://nabiscoworld.com/games/rb_shock_rbsw.htm

RICHARD
08-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by snappy

BTW - I need something with a lot of Vit. B in it.....I am draging this afternoon.

Any Suggestions Richard?!
:cool:

B
eer or ourbon
:D

chay chay chayaaaaaane

Chain of fools.......

lbaker
08-20-2004, 06:29 PM
I remember this article in "People Magazine" of all things :o about this Elvis impersonator who happened to be a Sieke, Seike? One of the turban wearing guys... :rolleyes: He was an Elvis impersonater that sang.. "I don't smoke and I don't drink bourbon, all I want to do is ROCK MY TURBAN" Beware, beware.. walk with care, Mumbo Jumbo, God of the Congo... Mumbo Jumbo will HOO DOO YOU. Watch out for that dark liquor :eek:
Golly Gee, sorry guys.. don't know where THAT came from !!

RedHedd
08-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Did you mean a Sikh or a Sheik?

slick
08-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Laurie you're not going to believe it!!!!
At this "family gathering" we had there was a table, buffet style, of cheeses and crackers and desserts. As well they had servers come around with hot appetizers.

Guess what? They served these mini crab cakes with some kind of dipping sauce!!!! I couldn't believe it and I started howling. People around me thought I was NUTZ!!!:D :D

I guess no one's around to hear my story so I'll just sneak behind the bar and make myself a slushie.

lbaker
08-21-2004, 06:30 AM
Ahhh Slick, but were they Maryland crab cakes?!! You have to remember Slick, 9:30 p.m. your time is half past midnight MY time, waaaay past my bedtime :rolleyes: Yes, even on "date night #1", party animal that I am :rolleyes: . ewww, the Slushie pitcher is rather nasty this morning. I'm going to start up a nice pot of strong coffee and fresh squooozed orange juice. mutter mutter, dang it.. grey mustard EVERYWHERE Guess I'll grab the mop too. Sheez, getting up early has it's downside.

davidpizzica
08-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Ibaker, after today I can use a pitcher of slushies myself!

lbaker
08-22-2004, 06:40 AM
DAVID!! Were you able to get one of those pretty nurses to loan you a laptop?? It was good to talk to you the other day. Here's a pitcher of Slushies just for you (although it IS early on a Sunday morn) See, getting up early DOES have it's upside too, I get to serve David his first Thursday's Special since his sir-jury :D

Love,
Lbaker ;)

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 06:51 AM
DAVID!! Were you able to get one of those pretty nurses to loan you a laptop?? It was good to talk to you the other day. Here's a pitcher of Slushies just for you (although it IS early on a Sunday morn) See, getting up early DOES have it's upside too, I get to serve David his first Thursday's Special since his sir-jury :D

Love,
Lbaker ;) Ibaker, I'm home with my two furbabies! They discharged me saturday afternoon. I think the reason for the short hospital stay was to make sure the incision had started to heal. Ibaker, this is not just a pet forum, but also a CARING forum!

lbaker
08-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Welcome home, YAY :D Do you have help at home? Besides your furkids of course. A home health care nurse coming in or something? I know just getting up and down must be a chore but I'm sure you will be joining us in the next Hokey Pokey dance!! Good news David.. thanks for checking in.
L aurie

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 07:07 AM
lbaker starting monday, I'll have a PTer(the other kind) come over and start helping, and also a nurse. You should see me trying to walk with a walker!. It's not a pretty sight!

gini
08-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Gosh David, you and Laurie are rattling around here pretty early today aren't you?

David, take good care of that knee - don't try to rush things.
I am glad to hear that you will have some home therapy too.

I think Laurie is planning some kind of dance/party in a week or so to celebrate your recovery.

lbaker
08-22-2004, 02:26 PM
shhhh, it's supposed to be a surprise "Silly Woman" ;) Time to take dogs for a late afternoon walk.. it's a lovely warm, but not humid, late afternoon and I need to get outside. See you guys next week!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-22-2004, 06:15 PM

I think Laurie is planning some kind of dance/party in a week or so to celebrate your recovery. Gosh, Mario, are you all by yourself in here?

I just popped in for a 7-up or something for my tummy. I've felt worse than usual the last few days. Even cyber food made me feel like hurling.

What? Yes, if you ask nicely, I bet Laurie will let you help decorate the bar for the party next week. You need to be unsticky though. Wouldn't want baloons and streamers sticking to your bum or fingers. :eek: :D

RICHARD
08-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Beware, beware.. walk with care, Mumbo Jumbo, God of the Congo... Mumbo Jumbo will HOO DOO YOU. Watch out for that dark liquor :eek:

Wongo. Wild Women of Wongo.
How does their song go?
Make a me wan mo, (Wild Women!)
Wongo. No man can say no.
Wild Women of Wongo.
How does their song go?
Like this...

lololololol

DONE!

Hey David.......glad to see you are healing nicely....

davidpizzica
08-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Gosh, Mario, are you all by yourself in here?

I just popped in for a 7-up or something for my tummy. I've felt worse than usual the last few days. Even cyber food made me feel like hurling.

What? Yes, if you ask nicely, I bet Laurie will let you help decorate the bar for the party next week. You need to be unsticky though. Wouldn't want baloons and streamers sticking to your bum or fingers. :eek: :D Mario, for me? Please do a neat job of decorating!