PDA

View Full Version : Hazel Results :(

K & L
08-17-2004, 10:48 AM
The Dr. just called with blood test results. Hazel's kidneys, pancreas, and thyroid test came back off.:( He said to not worry or panic at this point in time. He is treating Hazel with antibiotics for 10 days to 2 weeks and then we will retest then. He said the kidney level could be off due to her being a bit dehydrated. He said the pancreas would be the worst thing to be wrong. I'm not telling Hazel, she was so proud posting her own thread!:) *sigh* There's no telling what this poor baby has gone through before we found her. We will keep you updated, and thank you for all your postitive thoughts and prayers!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Many many many prayers for Hazel... good luck!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Awww....I'm so sorry to hear the not good news. However, I have to agree with the vet. When Peanut had her UTI, the vet also tested her blood and there were a few things that were "off" the biggest being her thyroid which was WAY off. He wanted to retest her after she was done with the antibiotics to make sure she didn't have hyperthyroidism because the T4 (I think) was so far off. After all the antibiotics were done and a few weeks went by to make sure everything was out of her system, I took her back and the blood test came back completely normal - on ALL acounts! So, in my not so experienced opinion, being sick and dehydrated could really throw her blood test off. I'm sure now that she's safe and loved, everything will go back to normal once she's done with her antibiotics.

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to respond to Hazel's new thread yet, but I just wanted to reassure you, with my limited experience, that she'll more than likely be "right as rain" in no time flat. ;) :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-17-2004, 11:29 AM
I hope that the retests come through with some better results. Poor Hazel, having already been through so much:( Keeping her in my prayers - get well soon Hazel!

kimlovescats
08-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Oh no ..... hoping and praying that Hazel will be good as new when her antibiotics are completed!;)

K & L
08-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Awww....I'm so sorry to hear the not good news. However, I have to agree with the vet. When Peanut had her UTI, the vet also tested her blood and there were a few things that were "off" the biggest being her thyroid which was WAY off. He wanted to retest her after she was done with the antibiotics to make sure she didn't have hyperthyroidism because the T4 (I think) was so far off. After all the antibiotics were done and a few weeks went by to make sure everything was out of her system, I took her back and the blood test came back completely normal - on ALL acounts! So, in my not so experienced opinion, being sick and dehydrated could really throw her blood test off. I'm sure now that she's safe and loved, everything will go back to normal once she's done with her antibiotics.

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to respond to Hazel's new thread yet, but I just wanted to reassure you, with my limited experience, that she'll more than likely be "right as rain" in no time flat. ;) :)

This IS good to hear! With Hazel out in the streets for who knows how long, this could all be after affects of that. Since these are the first signs of anything being wrong, it may have all just escalated! Thanks for the reassurance and will update in 2 weeks!

Logan
08-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Lisa, Hazel will be in our thoughts and prayers. We're doing the "glass half full" theory for her!! I am SURE she will be ok!!!!! :D

catlover4ever
08-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Sending positive vibes Hazel's way!!!

Craftlady
08-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Keep positive thoughts. Just like a human when we are sick and dehydrated our blood levels are wacky and off. I'm betting the antibotics will do the trick and make Hazel all better ;)

smokey the elder
08-17-2004, 12:51 PM
It might just be a matter of dilution; if the cat is dehydrated, the blood and all the chemicals are more concentrated. I'd be suspicious of that if all the results are on the high end.

Good luck with the kitty!

Barbara
08-17-2004, 12:57 PM
I hope so much Debbie is right and Hazel will be ook. She is such a cutie:) and full of courage. Scritchies to you Hazel:)