PDA

View Full Version : I Just Heard.....

QueenScoopalot
08-17-2004, 09:10 AM
That the single kitten with the abandoned mom (in a foster home) has only two paws! I barely had a second to do anything more than scoop the kitten up, check the sex, and plunk him and mom into a laundry bag! The bags work great, and don't take up the room cat carriers do. Especially helpful when the car's filled with traps. Poor tiny kitten, and I never even noticed. One back foot, and one front. :( They are from the small colony of cats and kittens that I got the blind duo from. So far they all seem to be abandoned mom cats. I'm off to assist in trapping a few more older kittens from there that are off to another home. The kittens are at least four months old, but I was able to pat one all over a few days ago, so no doubt they'll socialize eay. Unsure of mom cats status though. She may have a litter of new ones. :(

jazzcat
08-17-2004, 10:15 AM
How sad.:(

leslie
08-17-2004, 07:09 PM
so you went to the foster home and plunked mom and kitten in laundry bag? There's something missing from this picture... kitten is not missing legs, just paws? How old is kitten?

carla and mike
08-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Geez
What a colony.Blind missing eyes and missing paws.
Sounds like some blood disease passed down from the mom
or the dad.:(

moosmom
08-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Sounds like inbreeding to me. How sad. :(

catcrazylady
08-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Poor baby!!! That is so sad.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif They won't put him down will they?

QueenScoopalot
08-17-2004, 09:06 PM
I chalk it all up to novice abandoned mother cats! The single baby may have had his circulation cut off from unchewed umbilical cords (Like Marigold's newborns) or she may have accidently chewed his little paws off while cleaning up after birthing. I went there with another woman today, and caught four more, two older kittens and their mom, and another scared little tri-color tabby. All tested neg/neg at the vets and went to the foster home that took the mom and single kitten. Not one was feral! I spoke with Linda this evening and she said the cats and kittens are so thankful to have a clean bed, and some much needed love again! Judging from this neighborhood the kittens and cats were probably toys for the kids until they got sick of them! :mad: :mad: :mad: So far a dozen taken from there in about one week, and not one is feral. Sad....very sad. (Not sad they aren't feral, sad no one cares in this neighborhood).:(

leslie
08-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Is this in your area? Is this orchard St or nearby? (who is linda?) well good for her being a foster mom- did you end up with more or no? I be blond (sometimes- like I told you, and confused- my way of saying - don't get aggravated with my questions!). So what family is doing this and can they be stopped? Oh! is this over by the Lil' Peach!? That stupid.. nevermind- not THAT family! That family?

catmandu
08-18-2004, 08:53 AM
The Found Cats are very sad,to hear about that Poor Kitten,and pray that the White Coats,can help him!That is sad,that some People,are so indifferent,to anything,but thier own pleasures!