PDA

View Full Version : Gift from Julie (Ally & Connor's Mommy)

sirrahbed
08-17-2004, 08:47 AM
I collect little boxes and have done so for about 35 years! Every single one has a story behind it:) This one is paper mache' and was made in India - and of course is a kitty! Thank you so much Julie - I LOVE it!! The top half lifts off. The rose/stained glass is from kimlovescats. To the right is my chicken from DJFyrewolf :) All are very special to me!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/kittybox_Julie.jpg
I moved it to another spot where it stands out better. Isn't it beautiful?? :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/box_Julie.jpg

slleipnir
08-17-2004, 08:49 AM
Beautiful!

sirrahbed
08-17-2004, 08:54 AM
More stories:) In the bottom picture - the blue box behind the one from Julie - this one is made of alabaster (stone) and I bought it in Belgium while we were traveling. The other stained glass box with blue and purple florals is also from kimlovescats. The one with a magnolia on top is a handmade porcelain box that was a "farewell" gift from my OWC (wives club) when Dennis was still in the AirForce and we were stationed at Barkdale in Louisiana. It reminds me of our house that had huge magnolia trees in the yard and I would clip them to bring inside to float in glass bowls and scent the rooms:D

In the top picture, the sguare boxes with animals scenes are cardboard stacking boxes. The roundish one on top is actually a stone incense burner than my midle son bought for me. The square box with birds on top (behind the paper mache') is a beautifully crafted scene of birds eating birdseed that hubby bought me. Inside is a Scripture about how God even cares for the sparrow - so of course He cares for me! The one with roses on top came from a thrift store last week - 25 cents :D
I love my boxes!!:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Glad it arrived safely!! It's lovely to see your collection - thanks for sharing the stories behind some of the boxes - how special to have reminders of places visited and friends made on display to enjoy all the time!

DJFyrewolf36
08-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Another great addition to the collection! It is very pretty and has lots of puursonality! *Yeah I know, hiss boo...*