PDA

View Full Version : Are you active in your community?

teenster3
08-17-2004, 12:24 AM
I just went to my 1st board meeting tonight in my town. My sister-in-law asked my husband & I to go because, many new houses are being built on her once dead-end street & the builders wanted to change the name of her street! She's been at her residence for 7 years & didn't want the street name changed due to many reasons including; paperwork she'd have to have changed, moral reasons, etc.
It was actually pretty interesting & she won in the end but, it was a struggle!
So, it makes me wonder.....do you attend meetings or are you involved in your community?

Desert Arabian
08-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Volunteer-wise, yes, very. I am a volunteer hunter safety instructor and I am also a volunteer staff member at YMCA Camp Anokijig. Other than that, not really. :p

kingrattus
08-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Nope. I want nothing to do with these stuck up snobs around here.

Their the type that make good money, only have pure dogs & don't pick up their poo (even when the law tells them to) & walk the dog UP to a house so the dog can crap right beside the house :mad:

This guy learned tha hard way not to let the guys catch him doing it. Tom is 300 pound of angry guy & rob is 275pounds of angry guy, so um ya, lets just say the yelling argument was won by my guys & the piddly threats from the tooth pick lost. Its been nearly 2 months of 3 labrador poo free walkways (no sidewalks here) & yards. This guy walked the 3 dogs 4-6 times a day!!! & each dog crapped each time!!

So I wont get involved cause they do nothing anyway (rob & tom have tried before & got no where, even tho its the law)

jazzcat
08-17-2004, 01:24 AM
No. I guess I stay active enough with my family that I don't have time for community things.