PDA

View Full Version : Prayers requested for a friend

catcrazylady
08-16-2004, 08:50 PM
I know I don't post much here in General but I'm trying to put this in the right place and ask for a quick prayer for my co-worker and her family.
S and I have worked together for many years and Wednesday she recieved a phone call at work that their was a family emergency involving her daughter. S's daughter is married and has three boys and I will call her T. Around 1:00 in the afternoon a man broke into T's home and he severely beat and raped T. He then forced her to drive him to an ATM and withdraw money. He then took her back to her home and attempted to rape her again then strangled her into unconciousness. Two of her boys were in school but the third, a three year old was home and this SOB kept threatening to kill him. Thank God he didn't hurt the child!
When T regained conciousness she called 911 and while the police were at her home the SOB drove by! I think he was coming back to make sure she was dead. The police saw him and there was a high speed chase but thankfully he was caught. His bail has been set for one million dollars so he won't be getting out.
It turns out the SOB was a former employee where T works.
I'm so worried about this whole family. Such a horrible trauma. It has made me sick just thinking about it. T, and her family need prayers and I hope if we can all just give them one prayer then maybe we can help ease some of the pain.
From what I can find out she was beaten severely in the face and chest area but is not in the hospital. I can't even begin to imagine what that poor girl went through. I can't think straight since I found out so I can only imagine pain she and her family are in.
Thank you for taking a few minutes to help my friend and her family.

I hope the SOB gets fried!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/mad.gif

jazzcat
08-16-2004, 08:53 PM
OMG Lisa!! That is horrible. I will definitely keep her and her family in my prayers.

Thank goodness they caught that creep. Please keep us posted.

slick
08-16-2004, 09:18 PM
OMG no one deserves to go through that! I sure hope your justice system is better than ours. Up here he's probably get away with 10 yrs in the slammer with parole in 5. :mad: :mad:

Prayers going out the the family. Thank goodness the child was not hurt and T was not killed.

leslie
08-16-2004, 11:08 PM
it's every woman's worst nightmare come true. Luckily the baby was not harmed. I am assuming she will be in counseling and if there is a husband or boyfriend, he will need it too. (And kids will be scared, but counselors will tell the parents how to handle their fears?- they may need some short term counseling but nothing like the victim and her partner (if there is one) will need). OH horrors. Are you in touch with her at all? and yes of course I will be wishing the best for her always...sigh..

shais_mom
08-16-2004, 11:14 PM
that is just horrible.
I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers!

DogLover9501
08-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Oh my gosh, that is so terrible :(

I'll be thinking of her and her family!!

moosmom
08-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Leslie,

Prayers on their way from Michigan. I cannot even BEGIN to imagine what your friend has gone through. I'm just thankful she's alive and that SOB is where he belongs! I'll bet you he's got a rap sheet the length of Florida! May he rot in jail!! :mad:

Logan
08-17-2004, 06:18 AM
This is horrible! We read about things like this in the paper, hear them on the news, but rarely is is someone we really know. My thoughts and prayers are with "T" and her entire family as they get through this. :(

Pam
08-17-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Logan
This is horrible! We read about things like this in the paper, hear them on the news, but rarely is is someone we really know. My thoughts and prayers are with "T" and her entire family as they get through this. :(

That is exactly what I was going to say Logan. I certainly will pray for T and her family. If I was in charge of the legal system in this country (everyone should be thankful I am not) all rapists would be immediately castrated and remain in jail until their dying day. That would certainly cut down on some of the junk that goes on behind bars too. My husband says I am tough as nails, but hey enough is enough with these creeps! I hope this guy rots there! :mad: :mad: :mad:

neko1
08-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Prayers on the way for her and the entire family.

Hey Pam, I completely agree with you and I hope that SOB gets what he deserves.

catcrazylady
08-17-2004, 08:12 AM
Thanks so much everyone. It is just horrible and I cry when I think about it!
You are so right that we read about it and hear it on the news but when it hits this close to home it really makes you think. Not only does my heart break for T and her family but it also makes me, as a woman, really think about the dangers.
What a sad sad world we live in these days. I too hope the justice system works this time. This guy it turns out has a record from several different states for robbery and burglary. If the justice system had worked better this jerk wouldn't have been out to do this to T.
I'm hoping this hits the three strikes your out rule and this Ba&tard never gets out! I know that won't happen but I can sure hope!!!

Tonya
08-17-2004, 08:45 AM
I am so sorry to hear about this. I pray for T and her family. That must be horrible.

I hope that guy gets to find out what it feels like to be beaten and raped when he's in prison. Thank God he was caught.

catlover4ever
08-17-2004, 08:53 AM
That is just absolutely horrible. I will say some extra special prayers for T's healing both mentally and physically.

trayi52
08-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Lisa, this is just horrible news! Poor T! What hell she has gone through, and will keep going through. To be violated in such a way is not something you can just forget overnight.

Thank god the little one was okay. I will keep her and her family in my prayers and thoughts.

Willie

DJFyrewolf36
08-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Prayers for T and her family being sent across the miles! Prayers also that justice will be done to the creep that did this to T and her family. As easy as it is to be angry *and trust me, I know how easy anger can come* the best thing is to trust God to bring that cretin to justice.

Miss Meow
08-18-2004, 04:51 AM
My god, that's terrible :( Sending positive thoughts to your friend. I hope she has the strength to get through this (and hope the person who did it rots in hell).

AmberLee
08-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Prayers underway for T and all her family. May she/they find healing soon. :(

lisalee
08-18-2004, 02:16 PM
That must be everyone's worst nightmare, that's horrible. Prayers certainly sent to your friend! I hope she somehow recovers from this.