PDA

View Full Version : Who says cats don't have a sence of humor?

joanofark
08-16-2004, 04:57 PM
My friend dropped a "spring" on the floor and CJ, my ginger cat, decided that this rolling, bouncing thing was just the best toy since the invention of catnip. Before we could stop her, she'd grabbed the thing in her mouth and darted out of the kitchen door.

Tim and I pursued her, me calling fruitlessly and he cursing fruitfully (if you know what I mean). She ran straight through the living-room into my bedroom, and disappeared under the bed. Tim and I ended up lying on either side of the bed, whispering (profane) sweet nothings in her ear, and trying to reach her to get the "Spring". We were just about there when Tim got impatient, and made a swipe at the "Spring". He made contact, but knocked it out the bottom of the bed - to be met by my other cat, Calico, who had been most curious about the new toy her housemate had been playing with. Calico promptly siezed the bushing and ran out of the bedroom.

Tim and I hoisted ourselves to our feet, grunting, and took off after Calico, hotly pursued by an indignant CJ. Calico disappeared into my study, and took refuge in my open safe - underneath the lowest shelf in one side of it, squeezing in behind a box of magazines.

I pulled out the box of magazines, and Tim reached in to grab cat and/or the "spring". Calico, feeling unduly put upon by this strange man, promptly bit and scratched his hand. Tim recoiled, using a few words that he wouldn't normally use in the presence of a man of the cloth, and as I stooped to reach into the safe myself, out came Calico at high speed, shot between Tim's legs, and disappeared out of the door. Needless to say, she took the "spring" with her...

Tim and I pursued her through the living-room and back into the kitchen, where she hid behind the fridge. While Tim moved the fridge out from the wall a bit, I made ready to reach into the hollow where the motor sits, and grab Calico: but as soon as the fridge moved, she ran for it again, between my legs and out of the kitchen door into the living-room. Here she dropped the "spring", apparently feeling tired of the fun - but CJ was watching, and promptly grabbed it again, and ended up under my bed once more.

After much puffing, panting and swearing, we finally managed to block off the bottom of the bed, and with one of us on either side of the bed, finally managed to persuade CJ that her toy really wasn't worth the effort. Triumphant, Tim grabbed the "spring"

We ended up taking over an hour to trying to get the "Spring"! I've never experienced a longer, more frustrating game! Still, my cats enjoyed themselves...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was in the dog house because there was a part in this story about guns so I just took out the gun part and put the "Spring".
If you want to see the full story go to The Dog House.

Craftlady
08-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Kitty jazzercise. LOL
It's amazing just how fast they can fly around a room. Glad you finally got the spring :)

catcrazylady
08-16-2004, 05:20 PM
I read the full version in the Doghouse and I'm rolling!! What a funny story and the visual is hilarious!! Well, it's funny because it was you and not me!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

You know they had to have planned that whole thing!!!

joanofark
08-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Oh no my cat diddent do it. My dad got the story from a friend of his.

(My cat would do somthing like that though);)

catmandu
08-17-2004, 08:57 AM
I know Cats,have a sense of Humor,as when obne gets out,they lead you,on a Wild cat Chase,then calmly decide to walk back,in the door!That is a GReat story!