PDA

View Full Version : What's With The Black Cats?

K & L
08-16-2004, 03:58 PM
What is with black cats this year? Seems there’s been an over-abundance of them! Let’s see, we had Yogi, Inky, Heckle, Jeckle, Ravin, Jett, and now Stormy just in the last couple of months. A friend and her daughter have rescued several solid black cats! It must be the year for the black cat!

We haven't had this many in the 6 years we've been doing rescue!:eek:

RICHARD
08-16-2004, 04:22 PM
WHAT ABOUT COLIN???

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/pix/events/secretary/35235.htm

lololol,
here's my caption....

Dude, move your finger!:eek:

catcrazylady
08-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Dude, move your finger!:eek:

RICHARD!!!!!

Seriously Lisa there are a lot of black cats this year. The shelter is full of them! It is the year of the black kitty!

catlover4ever
08-16-2004, 06:46 PM
And I'm just going to add to it tomorrow with introducing everyone to Merlin....my stray blackie. I have pictures of him from this evenings feeding. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

QueenScoopalot
08-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Yup...plenty around this little corner of the world too! There's at least 3 nursing moms(in foster homes) with black kittens. I just took in another black mom cat (with 2 white kittens...and that means Siamese:D ) Josephine had five black kittens (only 2 survived). The shelters are packed with black!:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: I've had probably half black cats & kittens through here....and the rest were misc. colors.

jenluckenbach
08-16-2004, 08:06 PM
One By One had a littler of 6 all black kittens! :eek: Plus at least 4 or 5 other misc. black babies this year so far.

chrissycat21
08-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Lots of black kitties!

My cousin adopted a solid black cat less than a year ago. She said there were a lot of them!

jazzcat
08-16-2004, 08:14 PM
I've noticed that my county shelter has a lot listed on Petfinders.

When we adopted Jazz the lady that ran the adoption center was thrilled and told us that black cats are their hardest to adopt out. I'm sold on black kitties because Jazz is a real sweetie. She has her diva moments but only because we've pumped her ego so much telling her how smart and beautiful she is.

catmandu
08-17-2004, 08:59 AM
That is one Cat,that I have never been a Guardian for! The closest was Ebony,the Blind Cat,and Mr Scrappy,and they had white vests!