PDA

View Full Version : Hazel Vomiting

K & L
08-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Hazel's been vomiting the past few days and not food. This is bile and liquid. I have a vet appointment for her today at 4:45, but has anyone encountered anything like this? Usually our cats vomit food or hairballs. She does this at least twice a day. :( I'm worried!:( :(

jazzcat
08-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Poor Hazel. I've never experienced that with my cats but I sure hope the vet can help her quickly. Please keep us posted.

AbbyMom
08-16-2004, 02:37 PM
It happened to my Abby. She was vomiting liquid four or five days in one day. We took her to the vet and he gave her something for hairballs. Apparently she was unable to cough them up. She felt much better immediately.

(She does not like being brushed, but since then, we won't take NO for an answer.)

Good luck to Hazel! Hope it's not serious.

Catsnclay
08-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Is Hazel still being picked on by Porch?? :rolleyes:

This may be stress........

K & L
08-16-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by AbbyMom
It happened to my Abby. She was vomiting liquid four or five days in one day. We took her to the vet and he gave her something for hairballs. Apparently she was unable to cough them up. She felt much better immediately.

(She does not like being brushed, but since then, we won't take NO for an answer.)

Good luck to Hazel! Hope it's not serious.

Hopefully this is all it is! I'm concerned due to her age, 12 years old. Our computer at home has crashed so I have no access once home. I will update tomorrow from work! shhhhhhhh...not suppose to be on here!;)

K & L
08-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Catsnclay
Is Hazel still being picked on by Porch?? :rolleyes:

This may be stress........

No, that was only once Porch attacked her. Kevin had let Porch out back when he was sitting out there never dreaming he would attack Hazel, which he did! Of course Porch cannot come in the house due to being incontinent, and Hazel wants nothing to do with his home in the garage and cat run!

kimlovescats
08-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Mine do this occasionally as well .... sometimes they vomit after drinking their water. Prayers that Hazel is "ok"!;)

Randi
08-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Oh, poor Hazel. I hope it's nothing serious! Fister once vomited only liquid, it was the day after he'd been out. The next day, he was fine! :) Perhaps some hairball diet will take care of it.

Cataholic
08-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Oh, I hope it is nothing more serious than an unlodgeable hairball! Prayers for Hazel coming your way.

jenluckenbach
08-16-2004, 03:13 PM
I will be thinking abut Hazel, but it could very well just be that she cannot get a hairball up. (I get that here a lot)

K & L
08-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I will be thinking abut Hazel, but it could very well just be that she cannot get a hairball up. (I get that here a lot)

I hadn't thought about a lodged hairball! Let's hope this is all it is!