PDA

View Full Version : Cat/pet people, help!

Karen
10-29-2000, 11:59 AM
I have an elderly friend, her name is Eudora. She is 95 years old and lives alone. Her cat, Spunky, who was an elderly calico, had died, and Eudora is very sad. She even delayed moving to a retirement home, as she was afriad Spunky wouldn't like it there. I do not want to put her address on the Internet, but I know she would be tremendously cheered by letters from other people who honestly understand how much cats mean to people. Could people write notes to her, and email them to me, with the subject "Eudora" and I will print them out and bring them to her from all of you. I am going to print out the "Rainbow Bridge" story, as it may comfort her.

Could you send them to [email protected] , just to let this sweet woman know she is not alone, and others DO understand?

Thank you, everyone.

carrie
10-30-2000, 06:18 PM
Karen,
How is Eudora? Has she received many letters? I'm sure she has as the people here are so great and supportive. Send her all our love and let her know we are thinking of her.

Karen
10-30-2000, 11:23 PM
Hi, she hasn't gotten many yet, but I will bring them to her tomorrow before work, and again and again as people send more. She really is a sweet lasy, and very sad right now. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif Our effort HAS to help, I think!

I am printing out everything in LARGE PRINT so she can read it herself.

Thanks to those who have sent letters so far! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

tatsxxx11
10-31-2000, 10:36 AM
Hi Karen

I just sent a letter off for Eudora. I have such an image in my head of this sweet, elderly lady, alone, without her precious little Spunky. Even typing that little name makes me start to cry. Do you think she might be able to, at some future time, adopt an older, quiet "senior" kitty to keep at her new home. I'm sure we have all witnessed the devastating emotional impact a loss such as this has on the elderly, especially when they are otherwise alone. And now,in addition, moving to a new "home." I think of her everyday and will keep her in my prayers. Please let us know how she is doing.

lhg0962
10-31-2000, 02:56 PM
Are our efforts on target? http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/confused.gif
I sent you a note to forward to Eudora. I just hope I talked about the right things. I talked about our family of pets and especially my experiences with my cat, Mimi. Hope she enjoyed it. Any tips on what we should discuss are welcome. I have a 95 year old grandmother who is going through some pretty rough times herself right now. Keep her in your prayers and keep us updated on Eudora.
Thanks.
Logan http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

tatsxxx11
11-02-2000, 04:40 PM
Hi Karen
Just wondering how Eudora was doing and if you received any more letters? Did she receive any yet? I think of her constantly, is saddens me so.

Please let us know.

Karen
11-02-2000, 08:01 PM
I am happy to thank all of you who have sent letters for Eudora. She was delighted to receive them, and especially loved the rainbow bridge story, so much so that she made her neighbor read it, too. She found much comfort and understanding in your letters, and DOES feel better, knowing there are others out there, and she is not alone. (There are some people around her who consider it "foolish" to mourn a pet, but now she knows they are really in the minority!) I will be visiting her in the next day or so to bring her a few more, but you should all know you have done a sad elderly woman a world of good.
Thank you all, from Eudora, and from me!

Karen
11-06-2000, 09:11 PM
I visited Eudora on Friday, but have been very busy, sorry this reply is so long in coming. She is still very sad, but so glad of your letters. I saw many Spunky pictures, and Spunky's toys are carefully stacked on her empty pet-carrier, as if she might come back. Eudora is staying home, even from church, because she is too afraid she might start crying and have to explain to someone, but she is trying to cope.

tatsxxx11
11-07-2000, 11:08 AM
Oh Karen, my heart just breaks for Eudora. Is she all alone? Will she move soon..? I know it might be difficult for her, but I so wish she could have another kitty to love, I, oh got to go...getting too teary. Tell her we all love her and Spunky and are thinking of her. Thank you for being there for her.