PDA

View Full Version : You know you love your dog(s) when...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-16-2004, 10:47 AM
This is similar to the thread Robyn started, but what do you do to show you love your dogs? Let's start making a list... everyone post something! (From experience!)

*When your dog is asleep in the middle of your bed so you sleep on the end without a pillow or blanket as to not wake them.

:o

Samantha Puppy
08-16-2004, 10:48 AM
You watch a story on the national news about people in the direct path of Charley who refused to leave their house to go to a shelter because they'd have to leave their pets and burst into tears, throw your arms around your dog and vow never to leave them either.

dukedogsmom
08-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Samantha, I can sure identify with that! Also, when you see your sweet dog sleeping and it almost brings you to tears because it makes you realise how much you love them. Think about them getting older and having to leave you and it rips you apart because you wonder how you will survive without them beside you every day :(

Aspen and Misty
08-16-2004, 12:14 PM
(ha ha) When your bed is a Loft bed (like a bunkbed without the buttom bed) and your dog's can't sleep on it with you so you sleep on the floor with them just to cuddle. :)

Ash

cloverfdx
08-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Val i completly know what you mean. :(

* When you walk through ankle deep mud at the park just to amuse and exercise your dogs. Fun. ;)

robinh
08-16-2004, 12:32 PM
When you plan your entire life around them.

...like making sure you're not too late getting home so that you can get them out and fed on time. ;)

...like not doing a lot of vacationing because you'd have to leave them at home (or worse yet, with a babysitter) :eek:

...like buying a vehicle just for them (minivan-with puppy carseats) :o

...like building ramps for the small ones so they can get up on the beds. :)

to name a few!

LorraineO
08-16-2004, 12:39 PM
these are my ways of showing my love for Lucybelle..

Making sure she has water when in the car on hot days,, (Bottled water no less)

Making homemade cookies for her

Actually moving over in the bed in the mornings so she has more room.

Making an extra thick foamy in her crate AND making a matching cover for it to go with the cover on her crate

Giving her kisses everytime she goes past me in the house

Cranking the AC when she pants from the heat.

I think I love my dog just a lil bit what do you think eh?,,,, :D :D :D

pitc9
08-16-2004, 12:48 PM
*When looking to buy a new house, and you only look at ones that have HUGE back yards so your dogs have plenty of room to run!

*When it's a nice day outside and you decide to stay at home and let the dogs play outside instead of going to your husbands softball games! :o

*When you buy clothes that match your dogs fur so no one can tell if you have dog hair on your clothes!

*When you spend more time on PT during work hours than doing "work"

dukedogsmom
08-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by pitc9
*When you spend more time on PT during work hours than doing "work"
Ha ha! That's me today :D

cloverfdx
08-16-2004, 12:58 PM
*When you buy clothes that match your dogs fur so no one can tell if you have dog hair on your clothes!

I am guilty of this one LOL.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-16-2004, 07:15 PM
When your dog gives you that look when you are eating something they want... so you split it with them, half and half. :o

LorraineO
08-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
When your dog gives you that look when you are eating something they want... so you split it with them, half and half. :o

oh man,, I do that too,,,, :D :D :D

dukedogsmom
08-17-2004, 11:56 AM
bump :)

bizdevguy
08-17-2004, 12:01 PM
When you carry your dog a half mile, because he suddenly got too tired to finish the walk that he begged you to take him on in the first place!! (i've done this)

bsherman
08-17-2004, 01:43 PM
When you stand in a thunder storm with an umbrella over the dog so she doesn't get wet.
When you will only ask your sister inlaw to stay with your furbaby cause you know she really cares.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-17-2004, 01:46 PM
*You pick up the dog poop so your dog doesn't step in it... they are your first concern!

cali
08-17-2004, 01:52 PM
when you have far more pictures of them then of anything else :o

when you buy a kiddie pool cuz the dogs like the water

when you are house hunting and the first thing you look at is the color of the carpet, if its white, no point in even looking at the rest.

you buy all your furiture to match your dogs

when its too hot to sleep under the covers but your little dog always sleep cuddled next to you under the covers so you let him sleep curled up in your night shirt.

when you drop your essay thats due tomrow cuz the dogs want a walk.